FOOD, Friends, HOLIDAYS, Living in... Australia, Uncategorized SYDNEY: shopping with friends at Paddington 21 January 2010

My girl friends and I decided to hit Paddington on a sunny Saturday, since the fabulous Paddington Markets are on then and we could also potter around all the shops. Paddington easily requires a full day to shop through – and even so, you’ll need to pop into each store quickly. I love it because it’s along along street with little shop fronts, instead of in a big shopping center (yawn!). Paddington’s also home to lots of little Australia boutiques, which I absolutely adore. We actually did a TON of shopping… but you can’t really tell ‘cos all the photos are of, surprise, food. Heh.

But first, brunch! A fabulous, tasty meal at Tiger Mottle, tucked behind the main street of Paddington and offering great food and lovely coffees. It was so nice to sit down and chill out with friends, and then shop up a storm 😛 I miss doing all these great, outdoorsy girly things!

Tiger Mottle. Cute name, no?

Us!

Luscious mushrooms and cream cheese on toast

“Green Eggs and Ham”, haha! Pesto, eggs, ham and bread

“Bubble and squeak” – bacon, cabbage(?!), peas(?!?!), poached eggs, potatoes

Poached eggs, roast tomato, spinach and toast

Just all round strange

A somewhat more normal pic 🙂

I looooved my latte

Big berry smoothies

Happily fed

SWEATING LIKE CRAZY, it was stinkin’ hot

Later, for tea, we stopped by our favourite French cafe and had these ‘lil treats. Yum.

• rollagirl9 posted on January 21, 2010 at 12:52 am

Food, food and more food. Will you be blogging our purchases too?

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 5:42 am

Maybe only a few.. cos i bought a LOT in australia.. oops..

• islegrl posted on January 21, 2010 at 1:51 am

Are those typical breakfast in Australia? Everything looks so good, especially the Toast w/Cream Cheese & Mushrooms! Yummmm! ^____^

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 5:42 am

Yeah quite typical of stuff that you’d see in cafes in Australia 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on January 21, 2010 at 2:04 am

All the food looks great. Are you going to take photos of your clothes that you purchased?

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 5:43 am

I bought a loooootttt in those 2 weeks, so might post just a few, but dont think I can feasibly do all

• cenedrah posted on January 21, 2010 at 6:09 am

Love these food posts -they’re probably my favourite hahaha!
    You’ve got such cute accessories -and of course you look adorable in them. Btw your friend with the reddish hair and black top is quite pretty 🙂

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 9:28 am

Hee thank you hon!

And my gf will be very pleased , so thank you on her behalf 🙂

• rollagirl9 posted on January 21, 2010 at 12:52 am

Food, food and more food. Will you be blogging our purchases too?

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 5:42 am

Maybe only a few.. cos i bought a LOT in australia.. oops..

• islegrl posted on January 21, 2010 at 1:51 am

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 5:42 am

Yeah quite typical of stuff that you’d see in cafes in Australia 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on January 21, 2010 at 2:04 am

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 5:43 am

• cenedrah posted on January 21, 2010 at 6:09 am

Love these food posts -they’re probably my favourite hahaha!

• beverly posted on January 21, 2010 at 9:28 am

Hee thank you hon!

And my gf will be very pleased , so thank you on her behalf 🙂

• thefragrantelf posted on January 25, 2010 at 4:56 am

Fun day 😀 The bubble and squeak was tasty…just a few too many potatoes!

• thefragrantelf posted on January 25, 2010 at 4:56 am

Fun day 😀 The bubble and squeak was tasty…just a few too many potatoes!