Christmas, HUNTER, CARTER & CHLOE A LITTLE BOY’S DREAM COME TRUE 19 January 2013

Our kids got a very, very special Christmas present from all of us…. 3 things that combine together to form something that would BLOW THEIR MINDS. Well, definitely Hunter’s mind, anyway. And Carter’s too, probably, when he’s older!

Look and gasp and BEHOLD ITS GLORY!!!!!!!!

OK, it’s probably completely uninteresting to 99% of you guys. But put yourselves in the shoes of an (almost) 2 year old boy that’s obsessed with trains and vehicles…

Look!

Here’s a way to make Hunter’s day/week/month/year

From Chris and I – the table.

From my parents – set of tracks with drawbridge and tunnel.

From Chris’ parents – set of roundabout tracks with a ‘mud pit’.

Chris spent about 2 hours building and setting up the table, as well as putting the tracks together. He wanted to make itΒ perfect for our little boys πŸ˜‰ It was really interesting for me seeing it all come together… and though I hold zero interest in trains, I can fully understand why little kids would like this.

And you should’ve seen his face!!! He emerged from his room after his afternoon nap…. and his eyeballs nearly fell out of their sockets. He didn’t even know what to say πŸ˜‰ Just made a BEELINE for the table and has not left it since.

Seriously.

From the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to bed, it’s all about “play choo choo train! Choo choo train tracks”, and he does little else. I don’t even know if this is normal for a kid, but there you go πŸ˜‰

“choo choo!”

Nuff said

Poor Carter.. too small to stand at the table to play trains, AND got bitten on the forehead by Hunter! It sucks to be a second child πŸ˜‰

“Well I’ll just go ride on my own car then…”

Well at least the 2 kids can play together on this one!

“Enough blogging for today. Signing off now. Bye guys”

• Stefanie posted on January 19, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Perfectly normal, when my nephew got his set he was exactly the same! We would all dread being the one asked to play choo choo πŸ™‚ love my nephew to bits but pushing a train around and around gets boring πŸ™‚ I ended up buying him a battery operated Thomas, not sure if your boys have one but it’s really strong and will pull quite a number of trains.

• Beverly! posted on January 19, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Haha yeah I dread it a bit cos I get a backache walking round and round!

We have a battery Thomas AND a Percy but he won’t let me use it…. I must “hold and push” manually, hah.

• Erik posted on January 19, 2013 at 10:02 pm

we also bought our daughters a Thomas table, tracks, and trains.. they also love playing choo choo all day πŸ™‚

• Beverly! posted on January 20, 2013 at 8:14 am

Aww I think it’s awesome you don’t stick with gender-specific stuff with your girls. Plus, I know a few girls that love trains too!

• Erik posted on January 20, 2013 at 9:20 am

yes, we have exposed them to all types of toys… in addition to loving princess stuff, dolls, etc, they also love to play with traditional “male” toys such as Hot Wheels cars, Thomas trains, Hex-bug robot insects, etc

they even have lots of toy airplanes and really love them! even a replica model of an Air Canada Airbus A340 they play with!! haha just like their Daddy! πŸ˜›

• CL posted on January 20, 2013 at 12:14 am

Hi Beverly, may I ask where you bought the table from? I’ve been looking for one for my nephew and this looks perfect!

• Beverly! posted on January 20, 2013 at 8:15 am

Are you in Singapore? It’s from Mothercare, and I believe most stores have one on display in there too for you to check out in person before buying πŸ™‚

• Erik posted on January 20, 2013 at 9:23 am

another idea is on-line classifieds at sites such as craigslist, kijiji, gumtree etc.. we picked up our train table at kijiji at a good discount πŸ™‚

• CL posted on January 21, 2013 at 11:06 am

Thanks! I’m going to check it out at Mothercare tomorrow.

• Shirley posted on January 20, 2013 at 7:51 am

heeheee Carter really does look like he’s the same size if not bigger than Hunter in that last photo πŸ™‚

• Beverly! posted on January 20, 2013 at 8:18 am

They’re 1KG apart, so I guess they pretty much are the same size, haha! Carter’s thighs are about twice that of Hunter’s πŸ˜‰

• Mel posted on January 21, 2013 at 1:34 am

I love Melissa & Doug trains!! Lucky boy! πŸ™‚

• Beverly! posted on January 22, 2013 at 1:44 pm

The train sets are pretty cool, I have to admit!

• Jacinta posted on January 21, 2013 at 9:54 pm

The 2 of them are soo cute together! πŸ˜€

• Beverly! posted on January 22, 2013 at 1:45 pm

It’s nice watching them amuse each other, cos I was an only child. can’t wait til both can run around and play!

• Edmundnshuming Ching on Facebook posted on January 21, 2013 at 10:43 pm

hope their like their new additions!

• Beverly! posted on January 22, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I am opening them one by one.. so he doesn’t get spoiled and think he has a whole bunch of new stuff, heh! even MORE difficult to get him off that train table now πŸ˜‰