FOOD, My recipes, Uncategorized HOMECOOKED MALAYSIAN FISH & PRAWN CURRY 17 January 2007

Made a shortcut Malaysian Fish & Prawn Curry for dinner – using a packet sauce. It had an expiry date of Sep 2006 (which mum helpfully wrote BIG on the front, but that still didn’t help me!) but I used it anyway, haha. No stomach ache afterwards, so I guess it was fine 😉 According to the packet, A spicy, ready-to-cook Malaysian curry sauce with coconut milk, coriander and spices.

Soooooo easy to cook (and clean up) – just dump everything in a pot and add the sauce and some water.. then simmer for 15 mins. That’s it! My choice of ingredients:

White fish (I used Ling)
Prawns
Tomato
Red Chilli
Onion
Coriander
Garlic

It was spicy, tasty, hearty, and so satisfying. Made enough for 4 so I can have it again tomorrow night!

Curry sauce

Bubble bubble, toil and trouble…

Malaysian Fish & Prawn Curry on rice

• sepps2 posted on January 16, 2007 at 4:06 pm

looks really yum! I love the not-so-watery kind of curry by the way! 🙂

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 10:38 pm

Hehe adding more coconut milk makes it creamy 😛 I also let it simmer a while so the water boils off!

• cayenne3 posted on January 16, 2007 at 4:10 pm

brahim’s!!! they make the best sauces ever, doesn’t taste ‘instant’ if u know what i mean… haha

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 10:39 pm

I was saying that too! THey don’t have that preservative smell.. I’m going to try and find more

• Anonymous posted on January 17, 2007 at 8:53 am

Hi Bev,

I don’t have a LJ account, so I just browse anonymously :p I remember you from ages ago at Gemz. Anyway, the logo looks kind of similar – I think I’ve seen those sauces at IGA Market City before.

Cheers,
        C

• beverly posted on January 17, 2007 at 10:18 am

You should sign up to LJ! But it’s so addictive 😉

I’m going to check out IGA when I’m there.. thanks for the tip, hopefully they’ll have some of those sauces

• uglychocolate posted on January 16, 2007 at 5:55 pm

That looks delicious! I don’t think we carry that brand in Los Angeles, but now I think I’m going to check my grocery store for curry mixes. Yum!

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 10:39 pm

I don’t think it’s available in Australia either.. I’m going to hunt around!

• millionairess posted on January 16, 2007 at 8:28 pm

hey! asian food! well done! looks really yummy. i always like your food pics

i really like Brahmin’s Rendang sauce, makes really good rendang everytime. i usually add onions in there to make the sauce thicker and tastier.

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 10:40 pm

It’s the closest I come to Asian food cooking.. I can’t do it from scratch, it’s too hard!

I’m going to try and find Brahmin’s sauces, they’re so good!

• beezoo posted on January 16, 2007 at 8:44 pm

my mum gave me the exact same sauce! going to try it soon..yumm yumm

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 10:43 pm

Hey cool, I’m sure you’ll love it too!

• starbucksweetie posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:05 pm

I like how your mom tried to help you and it still didn’t work. I also like you blatantly ignore food expiry dates.

• beverly posted on January 17, 2007 at 10:24 am

Hah yeah, I’m incorrigible.

But at least I didn’t get a stomach ache afterwards 😉

• sepps2 posted on January 16, 2007 at 4:06 pm

looks really yum! I love the not-so-watery kind of curry by the way! 🙂

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 10:38 pm

• cayenne3 posted on January 16, 2007 at 4:10 pm

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 10:39 pm

• Anonymous posted on January 17, 2007 at 8:53 am

Hi Bev,

Cheers,
        C

• beverly posted on January 17, 2007 at 10:18 am

You should sign up to LJ! But it’s so addictive 😉

• vamprila posted on January 17, 2007 at 1:42 am

oh, brahim’s good? Shall go try it! :p Thx!! =)

• beverly posted on January 17, 2007 at 10:24 am

They are! So impressed, going to try and find more now

• uglychocolate posted on January 16, 2007 at 5:55 pm

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 10:39 pm

I don’t think it’s available in Australia either.. I’m going to hunt around!

• isla_quack posted on January 17, 2007 at 2:37 am

oh wow, that looks really yummy!!

• beverly posted on January 17, 2007 at 10:26 am

It was incredibly easy to cook too!

• millionairess posted on January 16, 2007 at 8:28 pm

hey! asian food! well done! looks really yummy. i always like your food pics

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 10:40 pm

I’m going to try and find Brahmin’s sauces, they’re so good!

• beezoo posted on January 16, 2007 at 8:44 pm

my mum gave me the exact same sauce! going to try it soon..yumm yumm

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 10:43 pm

Hey cool, I’m sure you’ll love it too!

• starbucksweetie posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:05 pm

• beverly posted on January 17, 2007 at 10:24 am

Hah yeah, I’m incorrigible.

But at least I didn’t get a stomach ache afterwards 😉

• vamprila posted on January 17, 2007 at 1:42 am

oh, brahim’s good? Shall go try it! :p Thx!! =)

• beverly posted on January 17, 2007 at 10:24 am

They are! So impressed, going to try and find more now

• eviltofu posted on January 17, 2007 at 9:45 am

You always make me feel so hungry…

• beverly posted on January 17, 2007 at 10:27 am

Heh.. always keep some food near your computer 😉

• isla_quack posted on January 17, 2007 at 2:37 am

oh wow, that looks really yummy!!

• beverly posted on January 17, 2007 at 10:26 am

It was incredibly easy to cook too!

• eviltofu posted on January 17, 2007 at 9:45 am

You always make me feel so hungry…

• beverly posted on January 17, 2007 at 10:27 am