FOOD, Food reviews, Uncategorized MINO JAPANESE RESTAURANT 6 December 2006

Mino
521 Military Rd
Mosman, NSW 2088
$$$$-

I’ve been keen on checking Mino out ever since I started my physiotherapy at Mosman. Finally got a chance to today after Chris picked me up from the physio. The restaurant is understated on the outside, and has a simple, clean interior. The menu offers authentic Japanese cuisine and whilst they have a 5-course kaiseki menu for $39pp (great value!), we decided not to be pigs and go a-la-carte instead.

Opted for the Japanese Style beef steak in miso & sesame sauce. It was clearly a good choice, the beef was fantastic! The sauce just blew me away – it was a creamy miso/soy sauce chockers with sesame seeds. I normally hate sesame seeds but in this sauce, they just added to the flavour. The beef was medium-rare and whilst there was one tendon through the beef that really annoyed me it was still meltingly soft and flavourful. They cut the steak up in little chunks too, to pop into your mouth.

The full flavour of the steak was nicely off-set by some Prawn Tempura, which came with a light-as-air batter and the prawns were super fresh. Carbs came in the form of Buckwheat Noodles served on ice with special dipping sauce. The noodles were al dente and done just-so, with a lovely spring to the bite. Happily, the dipping sauce wasn’t too salty and the mild noodles went beautifully with the meat and prawns.

It’s a lovely place and the service was friendly and prompt. Very happy with it 🙂

Mino

Japanese Style beef steak in miso & sesame sauce

Prawn Tempura

Buckwheat Noodles served on ice with special dipping sauce

• starbucksweetie posted on December 6, 2006 at 1:33 am

Sounds and looks good. Craving some Japanese food now.

• beverly posted on December 6, 2006 at 7:38 am

I’m a huge Jap food fan!

• mmmdelish08 posted on December 6, 2006 at 1:41 am

apply to this community, wed love to have you!

• misskesha24 posted on December 6, 2006 at 5:36 am

Food looks good as always! I have to try the place when i come there!

• beverly posted on December 6, 2006 at 7:38 am

You soooo have to come to Sydney, you’ll like it her e:D

• Anonymous posted on December 6, 2006 at 12:09 pm

aww.. you should have gone for the kaiseki $39 meal… very good value… and you wont be pigs at all.. its a series of light servings/dishes… i’m looking forward to going back soon..

• beverly posted on December 6, 2006 at 8:48 pm

It sounds like such a good deal hey.. I wasn’t sure if it was good, but now that I know their food’s great, I’ll def try that next time!

• starbucksweetie posted on December 6, 2006 at 1:33 am

Sounds and looks good. Craving some Japanese food now.

• beverly posted on December 6, 2006 at 7:38 am

I’m a huge Jap food fan!

• mmmdelish08 posted on December 6, 2006 at 1:41 am

apply to this community, wed love to have you!

• misskesha24 posted on December 6, 2006 at 5:36 am

Food looks good as always! I have to try the place when i come there!

• beverly posted on December 6, 2006 at 7:38 am

You soooo have to come to Sydney, you’ll like it her e:D

• Anonymous posted on December 6, 2006 at 12:09 pm

• beverly posted on December 6, 2006 at 8:48 pm

• princesszhing posted on December 6, 2006 at 4:18 pm

cold noodles!!!im obsessed with that right now! last week i tried this korean cold noodles when the ice cubes are in the soup!!!

• beverly posted on December 6, 2006 at 8:49 pm

I love that.. and they’re super healthy too!

• princesszhing posted on December 6, 2006 at 4:18 pm

• beverly posted on December 6, 2006 at 8:49 pm

I love that.. and they’re super healthy too!

• blairwitch posted on December 7, 2006 at 2:33 pm

I just love Japanese beef! Last week I went to a Japanese restaurant with my boyfriend and we had this amazing wagyu beef in teriyaki sauce! It was cut up in bite size pieces too, and just completely melted in your mouth. Sigh.

• beverly posted on December 7, 2006 at 10:11 pm

Mmm wagyu is yum. My cousin ‘s finance does it the best IMHO!

• blairwitch posted on December 7, 2006 at 2:33 pm

• beverly posted on December 7, 2006 at 10:11 pm

Mmm wagyu is yum. My cousin ‘s finance does it the best IMHO!

• islegrl posted on December 9, 2006 at 12:10 am

That’s the first time I’ve seen white buckwheat noodles. Looks really good! 😀

• beverly posted on December 10, 2006 at 1:41 am

Me too, I was expecting regular soba noodles! But they were delish..

• islegrl posted on December 9, 2006 at 12:10 am

That’s the first time I’ve seen white buckwheat noodles. Looks really good! 😀

• beverly posted on December 10, 2006 at 1:41 am

Me too, I was expecting regular soba noodles! But they were delish..