It’s exactly 1
Made a really satisfying-in-the-belly Lamb Sausage & Vegetable Pasta Bake with Salad last night. In retrospect, it’s not that easy to make. Not that the concept was difficult, just that I decided to chunk in lots of veg, so ended up spending the majority of the time chopping, chopping, chopping. On the plus side, it’s really scalable – mine ended up enough for 8 (!!) people, which is insane and works out to really cheap since everything cost about $15!
Cooking up the sausage and vegetables
Lamb Sausage & Vegetable Pasta Bake with Salad
Lamb Sausage & Vegetable Pasta Bake with Salad (serves 8)
500g dried pasta
2 cloves garlic, mashed
1 onion, chopped
1 zucchini, sliced
1 baby eggplant, sliced
1 red capsicum, chopped
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
2 lamb & herb sausages, sliced
1 jar pasta bake sauce (I chose tomato & ricotta)
Basil leaves, torn roughly
1 cup mozarella cheese
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1) Cook pasta in boiling salted water
2) In the meantime, fry garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil in large fry pan
3) Add in all vegetables and sausages and cook until slightly tender (approx 2-3mins)
4) Stir in pasta bake sauce and basil leaves
5) Place in baking pan and top with mozarella cheese and breadcrumbs. Brush olive oil on top.
6) Bake 180c for 20 mins.