Hunter, Shopping A CUSTOMIZED 3-IN-1 BLANKIE 3 September 2011

I love consolidation. I’m a big fan of the whole “carry as little as possible” concept. Colleagues that have traveled with me on business trips are always amazed that I bring along a small carry-on bag, or sometimes even just a handbag (for 1-2 nights trips). I have packing down to a fine art, and I’m the same when it comes to baby stuff.

Before Chris bought me the awesome Lassig diaper bag, people would be amazed that when I go out on playdates with friends, I simply carry along my small handbag with Hunter’s stuff in there. And whilst I have a much bigger diaper bag now, I still don’t like digging through 298204 items inside just to get the item I want.

Soooo.. I put my super-awesome thinking cap *ahem* on, and decided there are 3 must-have items for me/Hunter, that potentially can be consolidated:

1. Stroller blanket – necessary when we step into a mall and it’s a bit chilly so I want to cover his legs.
  2. Security blanket – heard that a blankie with tags around the edges are moat popular for babies to fiddle with.
  3. Nursing cover – for when I breastfeed him when we’re out, which is every day.

I could easily purchase all 3 individually, but couldn’t find ONE item that covered all 3 criteria. So I decided to design and custom-make it.

I decided on the material and colours and dimensions I wanted, then found someone on Etsy that was willing to make one for me. 2 weeks later, it arrived!

I LOVE it.

The adorable dino print just makes me smile, and the flip side is a turquoise minky material that is so ultra soft and plush. Hunter loves fiddling with all the tags too! It provides just enough cover for when I’m breastfeeding, and keeps his legs warm when I clip it onto the stroller.

It really is multi purpose, looks cute, and takes up way less room than if I’d carried each item with me. It’s simply fab for babies and mums!!

If you like it, you can get em for yourself at: blanket with stroller clips, adjustable nursing strap, burp cloths.

Customised 3-in-1 blanket, and matching burp cloths
Hunter with his new blankie

We're having a quiet Saturday night at home today with cheese & crackers and chilled dessert wine. Bliss 🙂 Gorgeous Tiffany & Co cheese knife was a wedding present from a dear friend. Happy weekend everyone!

• elainegan posted on September 3, 2011 at 8:39 pm

ooh, what a brainy idea!! I have yet to buy any of the 3 essentials mentioned, am so fickle to which design/ brands to choose from.

• Beverly! posted on September 3, 2011 at 10:45 pm

Heheh same here, I have em all separate and that’s why I decided to just consolidate 😉

• Ron & Lina posted on September 3, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Hunter is growing so fast, we do enjoy the photos. Ron & Lina

• Beverly! posted on September 3, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Thanks Ron. They do grow up so quickly!

• Lisa Dee posted on September 3, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Maybe this is the beginning of a home-based business. Designing deluxe baby items – you could query a few companies and see if they’re interested in your design. I always said with your eye and taste, you could easily work as a buyer for a major chain.

• Beverly! posted on September 3, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Boy that would be really fun Lisa! But, I’m not very creative actually.. nor do I have any business sense (oops)

• Sarah posted on September 3, 2011 at 10:09 pm

how innovative! Something to patent? 😉
    And aren’t quiet Saturday nights the best 🙂 have a great weekend!

• Beverly! posted on September 3, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Hee well I think the seller would be the one to make that patent now 😉

• starbucksweetie posted on September 3, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Wow, I agree with Lisa Dee.

• Beverly! posted on September 3, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Aww thanks, but I wish!

• tiffany posted on September 3, 2011 at 11:30 pm

i love little boys in shirts!

• Beverly! posted on September 5, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Shirts do look cute on boys eh?! I wanna get more for Hunter but argh he has so many clothes as it is…

• ~* Little Star *~ posted on September 4, 2011 at 2:28 am

Hi Creative Mommy, i really love Hunter’s picture and he look extremely smart with collared & button shirt!!! I imagine he’ll look very smart too in collared T-Shirt…. Look at his facial expression…totally got me speechless! He looked so focused as if he was listening to you teaching him how to fold the cute blankie!!! It’s always nice to see his expressions. And i have to say you have a very good selections of colors and design that always made yourself and ur baby looked really smart & elegant! Love all ur dresses too! I have been “stalkin” on ur page since 2 yrs ago, now cannot tahan edy, have to leave a comment BCOZ YOUR BOY IS TOO CUTE!!! So, take care and have a pleasant weekend! Semantha Chia (Malaysia)

• Beverly! posted on September 5, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Aww thanks Semantha! I do like a shirt on Hunter, I reckon it makes him look more mature.

• Aimee posted on September 4, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Thanks for sharing, where you buy your products. It’s really awesome of you. My siblings have babies / kids & reading your advice, is great, as I now know what gifts to buy them. 🙂

BTW – Have you purchased any Hermes kids stuff?? So tempting to buy the rabbit fur horse rattle, but its $1000US. So cute & soft though!!!!!!

• Beverly! posted on September 5, 2011 at 1:37 pm

No worries Aimee, hope it helps!
      I ADORE the Hermes horse stuffed toy.. and also the orange booties. But ack, the prices :X

• Cindy posted on September 4, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I bought my nursing shawl which also doubled up (maybe tripled?) as a stroller blanklet, a stroller cover (covers the stroller and darkens the environment for the baby). It was one of the best thing I got! 🙂

• Beverly! posted on September 5, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Yeah the good thing about a large shawl is that it can cover the stroller! But Hunter just uses an eyemask instead 😛

• Joni posted on September 4, 2011 at 5:20 pm

baby Hunter looks so smart in his little shirt! 🙂 Just by looking at him makes me want to have a child with my husband right now, but we gonna wait for one more year first 🙂

• Beverly! posted on September 5, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Hehehe you SO should Joni!! you’re next 😉

• kate posted on January 8, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Hi Beverly,
    I’ve chanced upon your blog when i was doing some online research for interesting blankies and burp cloths. Just wanna say Hi! Hunter is so adorable, what a darling! =)

• Beverly! posted on January 9, 2012 at 1:44 pm