Barcelona, Uncategorized EUROTRIP: PARK GUELL 9 September 2010

Park Güell is a popular park in Barcelona and a hot tourist spot. Designed by Antoni Gaudí, the structures in the park echo natural forms, very fluid and smooth. It’s not so much a park as it is a sight-seeing destination, with the buildings looking like fairytale Hansel and Gretel houses – very cute! The area isn’t very big, but has a lot of up-and-down slopes.. difficult to climb in summertime 😉 We spent most of the time chilling out on the benches and people-watching instead, since it was way more fun than traipsing around the park 😉

Very very very long escalators leading up to the park entrance

Park Güell

Mosaic art all over the park

At the top of the stairs, with a half-naked man (with a nice back!) near me, haha

Enjoying ourselves at the summit

They say the architecture looks like Hansel and Gretel houses 😛

Did you know? Gaudí used the shape of buttocks left by a naked workman sitting in wet clay
to design the curvature of the bench surface… LOL..

• starbucksweetie posted on September 9, 2010 at 2:33 am

Pretty cool, your posts make me want to do Europe again.

• beverly posted on September 9, 2010 at 8:52 am

I wish we could too.. but we wont for a very long time I reckon

• rainingumbrella posted on September 9, 2010 at 3:40 am

Your posts definitely make me want to do Europe. For the first time. 😛 I’ll go with you, starbucksweetie! 😀

• beverly posted on September 9, 2010 at 8:57 am

Hehe you so should! it’s great fun and I do wish I lived somewhere in Europe so I could travel in the area frequently..

• jujubee715 posted on September 9, 2010 at 9:34 am

OMG it’s been ages since I’ve been on LJ, and I seemed to have missed A LOT! CONGRATULATIONS BEVERLY (AND CHRIS) on the pregnancy!! That is amazing news! Sending you and your happy little family happy thoughts and warm wishes =).

Your Europe trip is also amazing…making me have wanderlust. Itching to travel now. Can’t wait to see more =)

• beverly posted on September 10, 2010 at 1:20 am

Thank you sweetie! We’re very excited for Jan now 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on September 9, 2010 at 2:33 am

Pretty cool, your posts make me want to do Europe again.

• beverly posted on September 9, 2010 at 8:52 am

I wish we could too.. but we wont for a very long time I reckon

• rainingumbrella posted on September 9, 2010 at 3:40 am

• beverly posted on September 9, 2010 at 8:57 am

• jujubee715 posted on September 9, 2010 at 9:34 am

• beverly posted on September 10, 2010 at 1:20 am

Thank you sweetie! We’re very excited for Jan now 🙂

• carorules posted on September 10, 2010 at 1:00 am

Those pics are so cool!!!! I wanna go there!

• beverly posted on September 10, 2010 at 1:20 am

it’s a bit like fairytale land eh?!

• carorules posted on September 10, 2010 at 1:00 am

Those pics are so cool!!!! I wanna go there!

• beverly posted on September 10, 2010 at 1:20 am

it’s a bit like fairytale land eh?!