eBay, FOOD, Uncategorized OPEN AIR CINEMA 16 January 2007

Sunday night was a trip to the Open Air Cinema @ The Botanical Gardens. They set up a massive screen in the gardens and you can watch a movie under the stars. It’s spectacular. Where else but Sydney can you watch a movie in open-air without shivering or sweating, with one heck of an AMAZING view in front of you – light up buildings, sparkling water and the Opera House and Harbour Bridge? It really does take your breath away and as Chris said, “It’s like a cinema for kings”

10 of us rocked up to watch Children Of Men and we arrived early at 6:30pm (the movie started at 8:30pm), yet there was a massive line to get in. We did score great seats and proceeded to settle in and have a chat/bite to eat whilst we waited for the movie. It was brilliant watching the movie, framed by the night sky. Such a memorable experience and we’re definitely going back next year!

Open-air cinema

Barbequed beef and rosemary sausages with potato puree, tomato and onion gravy and watercress salad

Florentine flatbread topped with tomato, oregano, pancetta, provolone, olives and basil

Pie topped with salsa, served with salad

Indian samosas with mint yoghurt and cucumber and tomato

Pat & Stick ice creams. Woo hoooo!!

Happy snap

Bats in the sky

The screen lifts up to show the movie. Very cool.

• tiffanyx posted on January 16, 2007 at 7:54 am

ooo the ice cream! the sausages look yums! i envy you dear! you can eat SO much and NOT get fat!

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:29 am

I thought the sausages on mash looked the best too 😛 I didn’t actually eat that though, as we’d had dinner before hand already!

• tiffanyx posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:31 am

ooo wasted!

• isla_quack posted on January 16, 2007 at 8:47 am

i went there last year and the view was just too nice..
    lucky for you all that it wasnt raining!

those sausages.. umm yum!!
    (we all know u love them :P)

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:31 am

I’ve never been before.. been missing out all this time, d’oh! Will def be back next year though 🙂

• jacarandas posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:16 am

movie to enjoy with a view to boot! They do that in Brissy too but not quite scenic. And, haha, I actually just want to comment on those ice cream. They really look yummy.

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:32 am

that’s my all time FAVE ice cream, they’re sooo good!!

• 8balldecline posted on January 16, 2007 at 12:57 pm

that looks pretty awesome. i think we only have moonlight cinemas in the gardens or at federation square. nothing with seats, set up like a real cinema, i don’t think. if we do, someone should let me know, dammit!

what’s on your arm? looks like a fancy smokers patch. haha.

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 4:09 pm

I was surprised it was like a real cinema too, I was expecting to bring a picnic mat and to be sitting on the grass!

Heh it’s a stick-on tattoo on my arm, my silly colleagues whacked it on me 😉

• 8balldecline posted on January 17, 2007 at 3:59 am

picnic cinemas are nice, too, but this looks amazing.

better a tattoo than a smokers patch!

• tiffanyx posted on January 16, 2007 at 7:54 am

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:29 am

• tiffanyx posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:31 am

ooo wasted!

• isla_quack posted on January 16, 2007 at 8:47 am

i went there last year and the view was just too nice..
    lucky for you all that it wasnt raining!

those sausages.. umm yum!!
    (we all know u love them :P)

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:31 am

• dianeeeee posted on January 16, 2007 at 4:53 pm

Your posts always make me hungry! I want those sausages…and well the ice cream sandwich too! =P

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 10:34 pm

I wish those ice creams were more easily available around here! They’re so good 🙂

• jacarandas posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:16 am

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:32 am

that’s my all time FAVE ice cream, they’re sooo good!!

• 8balldecline posted on January 16, 2007 at 12:57 pm

what’s on your arm? looks like a fancy smokers patch. haha.

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 4:09 pm

Heh it’s a stick-on tattoo on my arm, my silly colleagues whacked it on me 😉

• 8balldecline posted on January 17, 2007 at 3:59 am

picnic cinemas are nice, too, but this looks amazing.

better a tattoo than a smokers patch!

• starbucksweetie posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:34 pm

What a cool idea! I’m impressed too.

• beverly posted on January 17, 2007 at 10:15 am

It’s a shame it’s on only once a year, wish it went on for at least a few months

• dianeeeee posted on January 16, 2007 at 4:53 pm

• beverly posted on January 16, 2007 at 10:34 pm

• starbucksweetie posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:34 pm

What a cool idea! I’m impressed too.

• beverly posted on January 17, 2007 at 10:15 am