FOOD, Living in... Singapore, Uncategorized PHOENIX HOTEL GARDEN CAFE 24 December 2006

Phoenix Hotel Garden Cafe
277 Orchard Road
Singapore
$$$$-

Went to Phoenix Hotel for an International Buffet lunch.. I hadn’t been there for ages! At SG@$26++ per person, it’s pretty reasonable considering there is a whole myriad of dishes to choose from – Western, Indian, Indonesian, Singaporean, etc. I didn’t manage to “eat my way around the menu”, but I came pretty close, think I missed out on just 2 dishes 😛 The whole restaurant was lit up beautifully with Christmas lights, and was soon packed with people busy stuffing their faces for lunch 😉

All the food was pretty brilliant, but the star dishes were most definitely the Roti Prata – cooked right in front of you, it was fluffy, crispy and oh-so-divine! It came with chicken curry and mutton curry, both of which were delectable and creamy. Anyhow, I’ll just let the photos do the talking!

Phoenix Hotel Garden Cafe

All lit up

Cold appetizers

Hainanese Chicken rice

The Roast stand

Fruit

Happily playing with the chocolate fondue

Gingerbread house

• slimjim1309 posted on December 24, 2006 at 2:21 am

i think you are secretly converting all of us pees to becoming foodies.

anyway, i just went to The Line at Shangri-La for their buffet dinner and it was Really Gut Bursting, (yes, with a Capital ‘R’). The best place of it? they served candy floss.

i have 5 sticks of it.

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 7:38 am

Eeeeee candy floss?! So cool! I’ve never been to a buffet that had it.. yum

• starbucksweetie posted on December 24, 2006 at 3:42 am

I think the desserts are my fave pictures.

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 7:40 am

There was a whole table of desserts, so insane. My fave was the choc fondue by far!

• islegrl posted on December 24, 2006 at 4:23 am

Ok, I’m starving now! Hehe… *^^*

P.S. I’m not sure if you’re celebrating Christmas but I just wanted to wish you a *Merry Christmas* anyway.

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 7:49 am

I sure am, Christmas is massive for us.. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too! 🙂

• jarmboo posted on December 24, 2006 at 4:40 am

i love the prata there too!
    i was there about a few weeks ago, but there wasnt the chocolate fondue ;(

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 7:49 am

Aww poo, maybe the fondue is a new thing. How GOOD is the prata and curry..?! Yummmmm I’m going back there when I’m in SG again in Feb 😛

• slimjim1309 posted on December 24, 2006 at 2:21 am

i think you are secretly converting all of us pees to becoming foodies.

i have 5 sticks of it.

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 7:38 am

Eeeeee candy floss?! So cool! I’ve never been to a buffet that had it.. yum

• starbucksweetie posted on December 24, 2006 at 3:42 am

I think the desserts are my fave pictures.

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 7:40 am

• islegrl posted on December 24, 2006 at 4:23 am

Ok, I’m starving now! Hehe… *^^*

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 7:49 am

I sure am, Christmas is massive for us.. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you too! 🙂

• jarmboo posted on December 24, 2006 at 4:40 am

i love the prata there too!
    i was there about a few weeks ago, but there wasnt the chocolate fondue ;(

• beverly posted on December 24, 2006 at 7:49 am

• renew posted on December 24, 2006 at 4:29 pm

Everything is so pretty! Not to mention the food looks delicious. 😀 By the way, congrats on your Lasik surgery going well! I’d like to have that done someday in a few years.

• beverly posted on December 25, 2006 at 12:32 am

Aww thanks, I waited ages to have mine done too.. I wanted it since I was about 18 😛

• renew posted on December 24, 2006 at 4:29 pm