FOOD, My recipes, Uncategorized HOMECOOKED MEE GORENG 3 July 2006

Made some Mee Goreng tonight, thanks to ‘s recipe! A bit improvised though, as I had random stuff around the fridge that I wanted to get rid of 😛 It was tasty, but not as super-flavourful as the Makan & Alice’s version, so I’m thinking they might have added MSG or something? I tried to make mine as healthy as possible.. so apart from the crazy amount of egg (I put 5 eggs in and the dish would make 4 servings) I think it was pretty healthy – at least I hope so 😉

Mee Goreng

1 clove garlic, mashed
Fish gravy/sauce
Tomato sauce

1) Fry eggs in wok, scrambled style
2) Add onion, garlic, carrot, fishballs, potato and tomato
3) Add cooked noodles
4) Add in dark soy, fish gravy and tomato sauce to taste (2 tbsp water if too dry)

• thefragrantelf posted on July 3, 2006 at 11:27 am

Noodles and potatoes, yum! Think I might try this one…maybe for dinner tomorrow night if I can get my act together!

• beverly posted on July 4, 2006 at 8:35 am

Yayyy hope you like it too! It’s tasy and easy to cook, you kinda just pour in whatever you want and keep tasting 😛

• thefragrantelf posted on July 4, 2006 at 11:24 am

I made it! It was pretty good except I didn’t have a few of the ingredients I thought I had…like dark soy, fresh garlic and fish sauce..heh. Instead I used Terryaki, garlic powder and chicken stock, still quite tasty though. Thanks Bev!

• beverly posted on July 4, 2006 at 11:44 am

Woo hoo! Yeah, it’s fun to improvise and substitute as well.. and all the more satisfying when it turns out yum, hehe :)~

• luminously posted on July 3, 2006 at 3:33 pm

beverly, your FOOD posts make me soooooooooooo HUNGRY all the time. not fair not fair!

• beverly posted on July 3, 2006 at 9:50 pm

Heheh.. they make me hungry when I look at them the next day too! 😛

• thefragrantelf posted on July 3, 2006 at 11:27 am

• beverly posted on July 4, 2006 at 8:35 am

• thefragrantelf posted on July 4, 2006 at 11:24 am

• beverly posted on July 4, 2006 at 11:44 am

• ipwwo posted on July 3, 2006 at 10:03 pm

The recipes and all are great, but could you just send me the food instead. It all looks so good. You should write a food column. Tell eBay you want to write a food column on their website. 🙂

Or write a book.

• beverly posted on July 4, 2006 at 8:34 am

Awww I WISH! that would be like my dream come true 🙂

• marlin posted on July 3, 2006 at 11:21 pm

Yours looks so much healthy than mine. 🙂

It is a good idea to omit the Beancurd. Potato and beancurd is not a good combo, in my opinion. Too filling for the stomach.

MSG does alot of wonders to food. We don’t use MSG at home too.
    Or it could be the prawns that added the flavour to the Mee Goreng?

• beverly posted on July 4, 2006 at 8:35 am

I didn’t have beancurd and couldn’t be bothered buying some, hee! Oooh mine DID have prawns, I forgot to add it in the recipe 😉 Only a few prawns though, I underestimated the number I needed 🙁
      Thanks for the recipe, it was yum!

• luminously posted on July 3, 2006 at 3:33 pm

• beverly posted on July 3, 2006 at 9:50 pm

Heheh.. they make me hungry when I look at them the next day too! 😛

• ipwwo posted on July 3, 2006 at 10:03 pm

Or write a book.

• beverly posted on July 4, 2006 at 8:34 am

Awww I WISH! that would be like my dream come true 🙂

• marlin posted on July 3, 2006 at 11:21 pm

Yours looks so much healthy than mine. 🙂

MSG does alot of wonders to food. We don’t use MSG at home too.
    Or it could be the prawns that added the flavour to the Mee Goreng?

• beverly posted on July 4, 2006 at 8:35 am

Thanks for the recipe, it was yum!

• silver_crv posted on July 4, 2006 at 11:08 am

very tasty!!

• beverly posted on July 4, 2006 at 11:46 am

I had the leftovers tonight for dinner.. mmmmmmmm :)~~

• silver_crv posted on July 4, 2006 at 11:08 am

very tasty!!

• beverly posted on July 4, 2006 at 11:46 am

I had the leftovers tonight for dinner.. mmmmmmmm :)~~

• missyumiko posted on July 5, 2006 at 12:56 am

your journal always makes me super hungry! it’s a good thing, yum.

• beverly posted on July 5, 2006 at 8:51 am

Hehe hope that’s a good thing! I added you to my Friends list as well 🙂

• missyumiko posted on July 5, 2006 at 12:56 am

your journal always makes me super hungry! it’s a good thing, yum.

• beverly posted on July 5, 2006 at 8:51 am