Pregnancy, Uncategorized HELLOOOOO 3RD TRIMESTER! 20 October 2010

This is me…. officially in my 3rd trimester, as of today! *does the happy chicken dance*

Thought we’d take a photo to commemorate it, on a spectacular day in Shanghai and with a crazy-energetic baby in my belly 🙂

Things are going well – I’m really loving being pregnant with all the nice lil perks that come with it, heh. But lots of people have warned me that my physical comfort will now start going downhill from here.. as my belly will get so big I’ll find it much harder to breathe and continue with my crazy pregnant-woman-powering-all-over-the-place antics. I fully expect to slow down a LOT in this trimester, and anyway winter is drawing near so I’ll be largely house-bound most of the time.

I also have a wee request. So far, I know around 20 people that are pregnant (!). Around half of which are online friends. So I want to do a little inventory check – if you’re pregnant, can you please drop a quick note in the Comments and let me know? Want to make sure I’m reading your blog too etc. Since I don’t know many pregnant women in-person in Shanghai, I thought it’ll be nice to stay in touch with pregnant friends around the world 🙂

Anyway, hope you all have a lovely week!

• starbucksweetie posted on October 20, 2010 at 2:53 am

You look fab in the last photo.

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:26 am

Aww thanks hon

• weelisa posted on October 20, 2010 at 3:10 am

You look lovely as usual, Miss B! What a flattering colour that is on you.

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:28 am

Thank you! I love hot pink 🙂

• Anonymous posted on October 20, 2010 at 5:24 am

Just gave birth, counted?

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:29 am

Awww CONGRATS!!! Hope it all went well. Dya have a blog?

• nycarm posted on October 20, 2010 at 5:58 am

I gave birth 2 years ago, does that count? ;P

3rd trimester is fun, well except right at the end when you feel like a massive blimp.

Will you and Chris be going to any prenatal classes? Those videos about birth are…graphic!

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:32 am

Aww same age as my cousin !
      I can imagine that in Nov I’ll just be sitting on my ass all day heh.

Haven’t been to the classes yet – worried.. eek….

• balletpumps posted on October 20, 2010 at 6:41 am

U look fantastic, Bev!! No babies in this oven. 🙂

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:35 am

Hee! Are you planning on having a third? We probably want two, maaaaybe three if I can hack it!

• balletpumps posted on October 20, 2010 at 11:47 am

Lol! We have 3 kids! 2 boys n a gal. Three kids is a busy household! But the dynamics is incredible! 🙂

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Oh I thought you had 2! Dunno where I got that from.. heh. 2 boys and 1 girl is a great combo 🙂

• tiffanyx posted on October 20, 2010 at 7:26 am

cant really see that you are preggers in the second pic!

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:38 am

Yeah the dress hides it a bit, I’m waaay more obvious in tighter clothes 😛

• Anonymous posted on October 20, 2010 at 9:39 am

That’s a great colour on you, Bev!

As you may already know, I am no longer pregnant 🙂 You can however, read about my pregnancy journey here:

God-willing, maybe I’ll be pregnant again early next year and my No. 2 will be born in the same year as your bub!

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:47 am

You have such a cutie! Hopefully soon she’ll be convinced on #2.. teehee 😛

• equinox_han posted on October 20, 2010 at 9:40 am

looking fabby and the baby bump is barely there! 🙂

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:48 am

Hee am actually quite big, but can’t tell in that drapey dress! Gonna post more ‘obvious’ pics soon:P

• starbucksweetie posted on October 20, 2010 at 2:53 am

You look fab in the last photo.

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:26 am

Aww thanks hon

• winterswitchery posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:55 am

You make pregnant look FABULOUS

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 12:43 pm

Aww thank you! I will refer back to your comment for a pick-me-up whenever I get pissy my clothes aren’t fitting me , heh!

• weelisa posted on October 20, 2010 at 3:10 am

You look lovely as usual, Miss B! What a flattering colour that is on you.

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:28 am

Thank you! I love hot pink 🙂

• apronandheels posted on October 20, 2010 at 11:54 am

Congrats! Congrats! You look positively glowing! I had a fab pregnancy too… now my daughter is 6! Time flies… before you know it you’ll be blogging about your little bundle of joy sleeping habits!

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Awww ya time does fly! It feels so weird to think my blog will now have baby stuff in it, would never have dreamed that 1 yr ago 😉

• blondedawn posted on October 20, 2010 at 11:58 am

i’m pregnant! i’m exactly 21 weeks as of today! due date is march 2 and we’re having a girl!

here is my blog, though i’m quite a bit behind…need to catch up! 🙂

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Ohhhh how fun, our dates are very close:) Your ultrasound pic is soooo cute

• xstardustedx posted on October 20, 2010 at 12:03 pm

I am a birth doula and we’re working on getting pregnant. I don’t write about my work much on my blog, but if you ever have any questions about labor and birth, I’d be happy to help you figure it out. 🙂 (Oh, and I can be found at http://bangkokdoula.tumblr.com)

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 12:50 pm

oh WOW that must be quite an incredible job.. difficult but rewarding!

I haven’t even read up about labor/birth yet, oops. I’m hoping everyone tells me it’s super quick, easy, and painless – haha!

• missustay posted on October 20, 2010 at 1:07 pm

you know 20?!! oh gosh..we’ll be seeing baby pictures everywhere on our friends’pages next year. 🙂

my EDD is 14 Feb, but i don’t think we’ll be so on time!

• Anonymous posted on October 20, 2010 at 4:01 pm

I really think I’ll be seeing loads of baby pics too! I suddenly know SO many people who are due next year. I’m surrounded by pregnant women. Makes me feel like joining in! 😉

• beverly posted on October 21, 2010 at 1:01 am

YES, crazy huh?! And you are one of em, heheh.

So cool we’re due so close,I’m so excited for Jan now.. it can’t come fast enough 😛 Hope you’re feeling much better as you enter your 3rd trimester as well.. and that your baby isn’t as energetic as mine, the inside of my belly gets sore now from his nonstop kicks..arghhhhh… :X

• Anonymous posted on October 20, 2010 at 5:24 am

Just gave birth, counted?

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:29 am

Awww CONGRATS!!! Hope it all went well. Dya have a blog?

• nycarm posted on October 20, 2010 at 5:58 am

I gave birth 2 years ago, does that count? ;P

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:32 am

Aww same age as my cousin !
      I can imagine that in Nov I’ll just be sitting on my ass all day heh.

Haven’t been to the classes yet – worried.. eek….

• balletpumps posted on October 20, 2010 at 6:41 am

U look fantastic, Bev!! No babies in this oven. 🙂

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:35 am

• balletpumps posted on October 20, 2010 at 11:47 am

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 1:00 pm

• tiffanyx posted on October 20, 2010 at 7:26 am

cant really see that you are preggers in the second pic!

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:38 am

Yeah the dress hides it a bit, I’m waaay more obvious in tighter clothes 😛

• chinado11 posted on October 20, 2010 at 5:20 pm

i’m 24 weeks and expecting a girl. (i’m one of your FB friends.)

• beverly posted on October 21, 2010 at 1:04 am

CONGRATS! Hope your pregnancy is doing well/smoothly so far 🙂

I got excited cos I thought you were in Shanghai, but realised you’re living in the USA, hehe

• chinado11 posted on October 22, 2010 at 9:01 pm

oh, haha… sorry. my name is probably misleading. i *wish* i was in shanghai though!

still puking at 24 weeks but fine otherwise… i’m so envious of you!

my husband is a chua, btw.

• beverly posted on October 23, 2010 at 10:08 am

I hope you feel better soon then.. but then again, it’s all worth it right? hee! 🙂

• Anonymous posted on October 20, 2010 at 9:39 am

That’s a great colour on you, Bev!

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 10:47 am

• blondedawn posted on October 20, 2010 at 11:58 am

here is my blog, though i’m quite a bit behind…need to catch up! 🙂

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Ohhhh how fun, our dates are very close:) Your ultrasound pic is soooo cute

• xstardustedx posted on October 20, 2010 at 12:03 pm

• beverly posted on October 20, 2010 at 12:50 pm

oh WOW that must be quite an incredible job.. difficult but rewarding!

• missustay posted on October 20, 2010 at 1:07 pm

my EDD is 14 Feb, but i don’t think we’ll be so on time!

• Anonymous posted on October 20, 2010 at 4:01 pm

• beverly posted on October 21, 2010 at 1:01 am

YES, crazy huh?! And you are one of em, heheh.

• ze_succubus posted on October 21, 2010 at 12:30 am

21 Weeks along and I don’t blog on LJ anymore but can be found here

• beverly posted on October 21, 2010 at 1:08 am

Aww wish you were still on LJ! I’m so envious you only put on 1KG so far, I’ve put on 10-bloody-kg and STILL GOING!! ARghhhhh

• ze_succubus posted on October 27, 2010 at 7:56 am

that’s cos you’re TINY.

• chinado11 posted on October 20, 2010 at 5:20 pm

i’m 24 weeks and expecting a girl. (i’m one of your FB friends.)

• beverly posted on October 21, 2010 at 1:04 am

CONGRATS! Hope your pregnancy is doing well/smoothly so far 🙂

• chinado11 posted on October 22, 2010 at 9:01 pm

still puking at 24 weeks but fine otherwise… i’m so envious of you!

my husband is a chua, btw.

• beverly posted on October 23, 2010 at 10:08 am

• exhileration posted on October 21, 2010 at 2:20 am

Looking fab! I’m not pregnant lol but thought I’d comment on how great you look in your 3rd trimester! Shanghai looks nice and warm still 🙂

• beverly posted on October 21, 2010 at 4:26 am

Aww thank you.. I’m interested in seeing what I’ll look/feel like at 9 months, heh!

• cenedrah posted on October 21, 2010 at 6:12 am

You definitely have a certain glow to your pregant self. Gorgeous!

• beverly posted on October 21, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Aww thanks so much! 🙂

• ze_succubus posted on October 21, 2010 at 12:30 am

21 Weeks along and I don’t blog on LJ anymore but can be found here

• beverly posted on October 21, 2010 at 1:08 am

• ze_succubus posted on October 27, 2010 at 7:56 am

that’s cos you’re TINY.

• exhileration posted on October 21, 2010 at 2:20 am

• beverly posted on October 21, 2010 at 4:26 am

• claypot posted on October 21, 2010 at 11:52 am

One of the nurses I work with is pregnant, and I hear stories everyday about her baby. A lot of it goes right past my head because I’ve forgotten what “breech” means even though I learnt it in school. I’m sure if I’m pregnant in the future all of this will come back to me and I’ll wish I paid more attention! In the meantime I think all pregnant ladies look lovely, they always look so happy.

• beverly posted on October 21, 2010 at 2:35 pm

I think it’s cos people are usually nicer to pregnant women.. heh, so they’re in a good mood!

• cenedrah posted on October 21, 2010 at 6:12 am

You definitely have a certain glow to your pregant self. Gorgeous!

• beverly posted on October 21, 2010 at 2:33 pm

Aww thanks so much! 🙂

• vamprila posted on October 21, 2010 at 3:10 pm

I am 🙂 EDD 22/2/11 =D
    You look DAMN good!!

You’re going to give birth in Shanghai and who’s gonna help you after that?
    Even with my support system around me, I’m still feeling a little weary of the unknown.. but it’s definitely going to be exciting! 🙂

• beverly posted on October 22, 2010 at 8:28 am

Ooo nice, you’re so soon after me too, how fun!

My parents are coming to visit when I give birth and will stay for a few weeks, then Chris’ parents are coming for a few weeks. So between both sets of parents, me and baby should be very well looked after and cared for, whew 🙂

• vamprila posted on October 23, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Then what happens after? Infant care?

• claypot posted on October 21, 2010 at 11:52 am

• beverly posted on October 21, 2010 at 2:35 pm

• vamprila posted on October 21, 2010 at 3:10 pm

I am 🙂 EDD 22/2/11 =D
    You look DAMN good!!

You’re going to give birth in Shanghai and who’s gonna help you after that?

• beverly posted on October 22, 2010 at 8:28 am

Ooo nice, you’re so soon after me too, how fun!

• vamprila posted on October 23, 2010 at 3:23 pm

Then what happens after? Infant care?

• finding_tricia posted on October 25, 2010 at 9:35 pm

THIRD trimester already?! time flies! from undergrad, post grad – work, marriage, moving to shanghai and now baby on the wayyy…. enjoy the pregnancy babe, you’re definitely looking great still!

• beverly posted on October 26, 2010 at 12:10 am

Yeah.. it’s crazy how quickly we all grow up, heh. An thank you!

• babyrussell posted on October 26, 2010 at 5:35 am

Hi there. Have been a silent reader of your blog for some time – love the perky feel of it all!! You’re looking GREAT for someone in her 3rd trimester. I’ll be entering mine 1 Nov (bub #2) and I hope to have half as much energy as you do!! Enjoy the rest of the pregnancy and the rollercoaster ahead!! 🙂

Oh, am based in Beijing btw. 🙂

• beverly posted on October 26, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Thank you hon and CONGRATS to you too!! Your icon is sooo cute 🙂

• finding_tricia posted on October 25, 2010 at 9:35 pm

• beverly posted on October 26, 2010 at 12:10 am

Yeah.. it’s crazy how quickly we all grow up, heh. An thank you!

• babyrussell posted on October 26, 2010 at 5:35 am

Oh, am based in Beijing btw. 🙂

• beverly posted on October 26, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Thank you hon and CONGRATS to you too!! Your icon is sooo cute 🙂

• beanbeanboing posted on October 27, 2010 at 2:50 am

hi, i’m amanda’s friend and my son is 2 weeks younger than ellie 🙂 i’m expecting no.2 in early march! you look really great btw. kind of reminds me of my first pregnancy (except for the fact that my skin was the pits). now i just look washed out and wiped out all the time!

• beverly posted on October 27, 2010 at 9:51 am

Awww so nice to have closely-aged children! I wonder if I’ve met you before cos your pic in your icon looks familiar…

• beanbeanboing posted on October 27, 2010 at 2:50 am

• beverly posted on October 27, 2010 at 9:51 am

• consilium posted on November 2, 2010 at 8:11 am

Hi there, just gave birth in Sep. I think I have swapped with you before in MUA. Were u in Sydney?

Do u mind me adding you?

• beverly posted on November 2, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Oh congrats!! And small world, you have an amazing memory, yeah I lived in Sydney 🙂

• consilium posted on November 3, 2010 at 3:26 am

Thanks! I live in the past. I have a hard time trying to recall events that happen yesterday or even an hour ago. LOL

• consilium posted on November 2, 2010 at 8:11 am

Do u mind me adding you?

• beverly posted on November 2, 2010 at 4:18 pm

• consilium posted on November 3, 2010 at 3:26 am

• squarenails posted on November 9, 2010 at 5:48 am

hoping into my 2nd trimester. #1 (girl) was born 10 weeks before Elliot (I’m amanda’s friend) and #2 (boy) will be born in May 2011. and after this, close shop! no more! hee.

i dropped a comment coz i read your blog from time to time, amanda asked me about the Beco for you and i was wondering if you got it in the end. it’s a lifesaver for me, personally. i would imagine getting around in jostling shanghai is safer to have baby strapped to you than in a stroller…

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 12:03 pm

Aww how nice, a girl and a boy! Hope your pregnancy is going well and you’re feeling good 🙂

Haven’t got a sling/carrier yet, a lot of people say to borrow one to see which one baby prefers, then buy it.. so we might try that!

• squarenails posted on November 9, 2010 at 5:48 am