San Jose, Uncategorized USA: THE BAD PARTS 25 May 2010

Hello World. Remember me? I’m baaaaacccckk 🙂

So…2 bad things that happened whilst I was in the USA:

1. I put on 2 KG. I suppose the frantic shoving of fabulous American food into my face didn’t help, but I had so little time, and SO SO much to eat! It was a whirlwind of lots of Mexican food, burgers, pizzas, more burgers, ice creams, more burgers, Cinnabons, fried chicken, more burgers, cupcakes, oh, and….. burgers too. OH HOW I ADORE AMERICAN FOOD. Best food in the world. Unfortunately, gaining almost 5% of my whole body weight (!!!) wasn’t on the agenda, but it happened. Boo.
  2. Some dipshit stole my camera. Am especially furious about this, and have spent the past few days daydreaming about various torture techniques to implement on this little shit. We were out clubbing on Santana Row (a really nice/ritzy area) so I didn’t even think thieves would be in the area. I wrapped up my (brand new) wallet with my camera in my big scarf, and put it on a chair and pushed it under the table, and the shit actually opened it up and took my camera (but, miraculously not my wallet). Still can’t believe someone would actually steal, how do they sleep at night knowing they’re a low life piece-of-shit thief?? Worst of all, ALL MY PHOTOS were on it.. not just the USA trip photos, but tons of photos for months and months before that too. I feel totally sick just thinking about it.

Fortunately, lots of good stuff happened too.. basically everything else in the trip except for those 2 above. And obviously, I can’t blog it properly since all the photos are stolen. But I will still do bits and bobs and probably just *ahem* steal photos off the official sites since I still really want to remember the trip, and for reference for next time 😛

Bye bye USA!

• thefragrantelf posted on May 25, 2010 at 3:18 am

retin a photos,

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 7:24 am

Thanks sweetie.. 🙂

I’m especially grumpy cos ALL my usa trip photos are gone…. it’s so sad it makes me want to scream and cry all at the same time, grrrr!

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 7:24 am

Thanks sweetie.. 🙂

• thefragrantelf posted on May 25, 2010 at 3:18 am

So sorry about your camera, love. That utterly, utterly sucks! *HUGS*

• starbucksweetie posted on May 25, 2010 at 3:24 am

0, levaquin oral,

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 7:47 am

It’s just so crap.. I want my photos back 🙁

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 7:47 am

It’s just so crap.. I want my photos back 🙁

• starbucksweetie posted on May 25, 2010 at 3:24 am

Aw 🙁

• uglychocolate posted on May 25, 2010 at 3:39 am

I’m so sorry to hear about that! But glad to hear the rest of the trip went well. Do share where you ate, because I’ve never spent much time in San Jose myself, so I’m curious.

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 7:48 am

Ya i”ve decided I will still do food posts, but with either no pics or pics taken from their official sites. I need it for my own reference for when I go back, hehe 😛

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 7:48 am

• uglychocolate posted on May 25, 2010 at 3:39 am

• lindi_jay posted on May 25, 2010 at 4:14 am

What a bummer about your camera :{ Hope you can replace it (but not the photos, ouch!). Coincidentally, Jackie O on the radio over here was talking this morning about the baggage handlers in LA stealing an expensive new camera lens from *inside* her suitcase. Seems like things can happen no matter how careful you are.

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 7:49 am

Siiiigh I know.. the photos were the part I wanted most 🙁

That’s awful about those people opening bags to steal stuff. UGH i really hate thieves!!

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 7:49 am

The following medical conditions are known to interfere with the success of your treatment unless the dose is adjusted: a history of drug or alcohol abuse, seizure disorder, diabetes, overactive thyroid or some other thyroid disorder, arteriosclerosis, glaucoma, heart disease, and any anxiety disorder, antihypertensionmeds.com : make sure your doctor knows that you are taking sleeping pills, tranquilizers, cold or allergies medications, sertraline, antidepressants, mental illness drugs, seizure drugs, rifampin, pain medications, sedatives, or medications for anxiety.

• lindi_jay posted on May 25, 2010 at 4:14 am

• islegrl posted on May 25, 2010 at 4:27 am

Oh no! I’m sorry about your camera. Thank goodness your wallet wasn’t stolen. That would have been such a nightmare. Glad you’re back safe! ^___^

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 7:53 am

True.. on the bright side at least BOTH weren’t stolen.. I think I would’ve completely lost it if they had! ARGH I’m just soooooo angry!!!

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 7:53 am

• islegrl posted on May 25, 2010 at 4:27 am

• silver_crv posted on May 25, 2010 at 8:45 am

2, buy acyclovir,

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Nope!!! Most of them unbacked up but at least a lot of them are on my LJ already so at least I have (small) copies. But the USA ones are all gone 🙁

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:20 pm

• silver_crv posted on May 25, 2010 at 8:45 am

Did you backup as many of those photos inside the card before the present trip?

• oh_ayana posted on May 25, 2010 at 9:07 am

At least you can lose the weight in no time 😉 Losing photos is the most devastating part of it all!! Would thieves please just leave behind the memory card.

On a completely unrelated note… do I spy a new Chanel on your lap??? 😉

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:25 pm

AGREE!! If they really are so desperate they need a used camera, then at least give me the photos back.. grrr.

you are VERY sharp 😉 But I can’t blog it cos no camera… *cries*!

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:25 pm

you are VERY sharp 😉 But I can’t blog it cos no camera… *cries*!

• oh_ayana posted on May 25, 2010 at 9:07 am

The serious side effects mentioned must be reported to your health care provider right away as they are not likely to get better on their own – clomid averages , otherwise you can count on these symptoms going away on their own.

• Anonymous posted on May 25, 2010 at 9:41 am

does tretinoin cream work for acne,

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Ugh I so hope something real bad happens to them as punishment for stealing.. I hate the thought of people looking through all my personal photos too 🙁

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:26 pm

• Anonymous posted on May 25, 2010 at 9:41 am

Man, that sucks! I can’t believe all your photos are gone! 🙁 Don’t worry, though. I’m sure the thief is lurking somewhere feeling very very guilty… and salivating at all the food photos you took? 🙁 Don’t feel bad!

Wei-Wei

• cenedrah posted on May 25, 2010 at 11:15 am

So sorry to hear about that! Wow that’s just terrible what with all your hard working taking those photos…and the fact that it’s so personal…well, all bad luck is followed with good luck! Hope you’re feeling better now 🙂

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:30 pm

I know… i took ages taking so many photos during the whole trip, and also it’s got tons of my personal photos.. hate the thought of someone looking through em 🙁 🙁

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:30 pm

• tiffanyx posted on May 25, 2010 at 12:23 pm

yikes nasty!

now go and get the S90! 😉

• islegrl posted on May 25, 2010 at 4:27 am

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 7:53 am

• catpuccino posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Oh no! I’m SO sorry that your camera got stolen. Did you go with someone else who had a camera whose photos you can have? :o(

Also – I respectfully disagree with you on the American food front – I think it is the worst food known to human kind. Fried AND plastic! Yucks. 😛 Although the stuff they make on Top Chef looks good…

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:31 pm

Unfortunately it was photos of my whole trip so only I have the pics, no one else AT ALL 🙁

Heheh most people can’t stand US food and consider it unhealthy and gross. But I looove deep fried, or cheesy, or creamy stuff.. so this was right up my alley!

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:31 pm

• weelisa posted on May 25, 2010 at 3:37 pm

I agree – it’s very hard to eat healthily in North America – unless you prepare your own food.

Humble street food in China looks a whole lot more appetizing and good-for-you! If we had “fast food” like that in Canada, I’d eat out a whole lot more.

To Beverly: sorry to hear about the photos – we all know here how important your pics are to you! I guess to be safe in the future, you’ll have to buy smaller memory cards and change them before each new trip – you shouldn’t have to, though!

• weelisa posted on May 25, 2010 at 3:37 pm

• catpuccino posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:11 pm

• oldron posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Welcome back

Dang I was looking forward to seeing your trip photos. Welcome back.

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Re: Welcome back

Thanks 🙂 I’m so disappointed i lost all my pics.. I’ll still try and blog it though, because I really want a record of it for memory’s sake!

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Re: Welcome back

• oldron posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Welcome back

Dang I was looking forward to seeing your trip photos. Welcome back.

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I will get round to blogging it.. hopefuly tomorrow 🙂 Fortunately everything else was freakin’ awesome!

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:29 pm

• silver_crv posted on May 25, 2010 at 8:45 am

Did you backup as many of those photos inside the card before the present trip?

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:20 pm

• oh_ayana posted on May 25, 2010 at 9:07 am

On a completely unrelated note… do I spy a new Chanel on your lap??? 😉

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:25 pm

you are VERY sharp 😉 But I can’t blog it cos no camera… *cries*!

• Anonymous posted on May 25, 2010 at 9:41 am

coolios! new toy!

• catpuccino posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:11 pm

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:31 pm

• weelisa posted on May 25, 2010 at 3:37 pm

• oldron posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Welcome back

Dang I was looking forward to seeing your trip photos. Welcome back.

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:32 pm

Re: Welcome back

• beverly posted on May 25, 2010 at 2:29 pm

• peachietree posted on May 26, 2010 at 2:56 am

I had vegetarian friends from university visiting me in Beijing earlier in May. Being vegetarian with them for their 10 day visit I lost 2 kg!! It was insane. Every day was tofu, tofu, spinach, tofu… So you can try that. 😉

• beverly posted on May 26, 2010 at 9:37 am

Wow that’s incredible ! But erm… eating tofu and spinach for 10 days? I think i’d rather be fat 😛

• beverly posted on May 26, 2010 at 9:37 am

• peachietree posted on May 26, 2010 at 2:56 am

• peachietree posted on May 26, 2010 at 2:56 am

• beverly posted on May 26, 2010 at 9:37 am

• exhileration posted on May 29, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Awww damn I’m sorry about someone stealing your camera! What goes around comes around and that person will pay for it one day.

• beverly posted on May 30, 2010 at 4:46 am