HOLIDAYS, Sanya, Uncategorized SANYA: THE BANYAN TREE RESORT 24 March 2010

I squawked with delight when we stepped into our Banyan Tree villa. I know I’m easily excited and easily impressed, but I just LOVED the villa! It was very very much like our Shangri-La villa during our Maldives honeymoon.. except obviously not actually sitting above the ocean. The layout and prettiness of it, though, was quite similiar. I can see why the Banyan Tree has such a good reputation – their attention to detail is impressive, not to mention their spectacular service. Everything that we wanted was provided for, and we were left with nothing to do but to kick back and relax.

The villa was really, really big. Hard to show in the photos, but it just felt like being in a house. The ceilings were really high, and the lighting and sound system was fantastic. I was particularly impressed with their air-conditioning system, which let out cool air but didn’t blast it out. I’m very particular about air conditioning because I hate feeling the air on me, and I hate dry air. For some reason, theirs was spot-on perfect.

During the day, we simply turned off the air conditioner, and threw open the big glass doors. Because directly outside the bedroom, you step into the private pool. I LOVED that! So fun leaping from the bed into the pool 😛 And this is where we stayed the entire time… with a villa like this, we figured there’s no need to actually go out onto the streets of Sanya and explore the city 😛

A selection of coffees and also teapots with assorted tea leaves!!! Ahhhhh!

Why don’t ALL hotels/resorts have this? It was so cute!

The bedroom with it’s massive bed

And a really high ceiling with skylights. I loved this.

Overlooking the private pool

Open those glass sliding doors and you can hop from the bed, into the pool 😉

The room gets really, really romantic at night.. with surround sound mood music.

His and Hers slippers. Loved ’em as hotel slippers are always too big for me.

Burning essential oils and also incense sticks

Big bathroom with His and Hers sinks

Open the glass sliding doors and you step out into the open-air bath!

The bathtub ‘floats’ in a pond with lilies and makes
an insanely romantic evening bath under the stars.. *swoon*

Cute pottery holders for shampoo/conditioner/bath gel and a freakin’ fantastic
rain shower (not pictured cos it was too high up) with pebbles all over the floor.

The dressing room area, with a naked Chris hiding from my camera 😛

A glimpse of our private pool at night. Deckchairs are on the left (in the dark)
and the day bed (all lit up)…. Romantic night-time skinny dipping, anyone? 😉

That concludes your tour of the Banyan Tree villa. Thank you and goodbye 😀

• tiffanyx posted on March 24, 2010 at 1:52 pm

*gobsmacked* WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

i wouldnt step out of the villa either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:17 am

Hehe I’m with ya! It was a bit silly not to leave the resort.. but I still think it was worth it 😛

• tiffanyx posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:27 am

uh dun bother! you guys will prolly get squashed and stepped on all over~~

• irene82 posted on March 24, 2010 at 2:52 pm

It’s so luxurious!! I love it!

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:19 am

We were really impressed.. I think it’s worth maybe 2/3 of the price though. $500USD is FAR to expensive per night!

• jzlyn posted on March 24, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I am big fan of BT… we stayed at their Mayakoba Resort in Mexico for the Honeymoon. One of these days I’ll get around to posting pics 🙂

Thinking of doing BT Lijiang and Ringha for my birthday in May *fingers crossed*

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:25 am

Ooo I’d love to see your pics, I bet it’s even nicer!

Hehe I’m thinking of Lijiang too and staying at Banyan Tree there 🙂

• madmoneymonkey posted on March 24, 2010 at 3:41 pm

LOVE the pictures!! Super super nice! Just maybe not the one of Chris supposedly naked, too many pictures in the mind! LOL.

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:25 am

Very GOOD pictures no? *eyebrow wiggle*

You need to change your icon btw, I took that about 10 years ago!

• j0s1e267 posted on March 24, 2010 at 3:56 pm

OMG, Banyan Tree Sanya looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I want to go to a Banyan Tree resort!

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:28 am

You and Lams would LOVE it!! Tell him for your next trip.. heeee

• popcorn_feet posted on March 24, 2010 at 7:50 pm

OMG that tub was crazy!!! and the sinks too. Id love sinks like that forever 🙂 But everything was so great, at night the pool that must have been so relaxing!

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:29 am

I was a big fan of the bath.. it was really nice soaking in there at sunset 😀

• joni_to0622 posted on March 24, 2010 at 8:55 pm

wow your room looks soo nice! love those floor to ceiling windows and curtains!!

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:36 am

We’re a big fan of high ceilings.. makes the place look so nice and spacious 🙂

• tiffanyx posted on March 24, 2010 at 1:52 pm

*gobsmacked* WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

i wouldnt step out of the villa either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:17 am

• tiffanyx posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:27 am

uh dun bother! you guys will prolly get squashed and stepped on all over~~

• irene82 posted on March 24, 2010 at 2:52 pm

It’s so luxurious!! I love it!

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:19 am

• islegrl posted on March 24, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Nice! I wouldn’t want to leave that place either. So relaxing! ^___^

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:51 am

If only I could move the whole villa (plus weather)to Shanghai…. 😉

• jzlyn posted on March 24, 2010 at 3:32 pm

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:25 am

Ooo I’d love to see your pics, I bet it’s even nicer!

Hehe I’m thinking of Lijiang too and staying at Banyan Tree there 🙂

• drshree posted on March 24, 2010 at 11:39 pm

So here is my opinion of the villa:

I wanna LIVE in a house like this (of course with a couple of maids to do the cleaning :P)

It’s gorgeous! I love the high ceilings!!!!!

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:53 am

TRUE! Me too… If I had all the money in the world i think I’d do just that 😉

• madmoneymonkey posted on March 24, 2010 at 3:41 pm

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:25 am

Very GOOD pictures no? *eyebrow wiggle*

You need to change your icon btw, I took that about 10 years ago!

• j0s1e267 posted on March 24, 2010 at 3:56 pm

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:28 am

You and Lams would LOVE it!! Tell him for your next trip.. heeee

• starbucksweetie posted on March 25, 2010 at 1:25 am

The villa is so gorgeous!

• sh4r0n posted on March 25, 2010 at 3:49 am

holy cow..!!!!!!!! You’re living my dreams!!!!!

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 6:32 am

It’s my dream now too cos we’re back in Shanghai,,, booo!!!

• popcorn_feet posted on March 24, 2010 at 7:50 pm

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:29 am

I was a big fan of the bath.. it was really nice soaking in there at sunset 😀

• joni_to0622 posted on March 24, 2010 at 8:55 pm

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:36 am

We’re a big fan of high ceilings.. makes the place look so nice and spacious 🙂

• islegrl posted on March 24, 2010 at 11:04 pm

Nice! I wouldn’t want to leave that place either. So relaxing! ^___^

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:51 am

If only I could move the whole villa (plus weather)to Shanghai…. 😉

• drshree posted on March 24, 2010 at 11:39 pm

So here is my opinion of the villa:

It’s gorgeous! I love the high ceilings!!!!!

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 12:53 am

TRUE! Me too… If I had all the money in the world i think I’d do just that 😉

• babyflite posted on March 25, 2010 at 9:23 am

Gorgeous resort! And actually I think it’s pretty well priced compared to a lot of other private pool villas. I so need to go on another beach holiday. :p

• beverly posted on March 26, 2010 at 4:38 am

Haha I think I’m stingier than you then 😉 You guys can go for your anniversary.. so many Banyan Trees in Asia!

• babyflite posted on March 26, 2010 at 4:46 am

No no not about being stingy. I mean I do think that USD$500 is a lot to pay per night. Just that from my research on resort prices, most private villas that size would cost close to USD 1K or over that. I guess maybe China prices are less crazy compared to other more popular resort places like Bali and Phuket? And man there are just too many beach resorts that I want to go to. What I’d really want to do though is to go back to the Maldives but it’s just so darn expensive. 🙁

• starbucksweetie posted on March 25, 2010 at 1:25 am

The villa is so gorgeous!

• sh4r0n posted on March 25, 2010 at 3:49 am

holy cow..!!!!!!!! You’re living my dreams!!!!!

• beverly posted on March 25, 2010 at 6:32 am

It’s my dream now too cos we’re back in Shanghai,,, booo!!!

• babyflite posted on March 25, 2010 at 9:23 am

• beverly posted on March 26, 2010 at 4:38 am

• babyflite posted on March 26, 2010 at 4:46 am

• Anonymous posted on March 26, 2010 at 9:06 am

Rose Petals

Wow!

What a heart made of rose petals. Awesome!!!
    Is it your husband’s work?

• beverly posted on March 26, 2010 at 9:25 am

Re: Rose Petals

Hee nah, the staff did that for us. Btw your site is absolutely fantastic, I love it!! Makes a really interesting read too, cos I don’t have many/any local Chinese girl friends..

• Anonymous posted on March 26, 2010 at 9:06 am

Rose Petals

Wow!

What a heart made of rose petals. Awesome!!!
    Is it your husband’s work?

• beverly posted on March 26, 2010 at 9:25 am

Re: Rose Petals

• good_lenchik posted on March 28, 2010 at 5:32 am

This is soooo pretty! OK now it’s so SOLD. Gonna convince Eewyn to go there for the romantic gateway some time very soon.

• beverly posted on March 28, 2010 at 9:47 am

I fully recommend it! Check up on flights and wait until you get cheap flights to save even more $$ 🙂

• good_lenchik posted on March 28, 2010 at 5:32 am