Birthdays, Family, Uncategorized BIRTHDAY PRESENTS FROM JAPAN 4 November 2009

So Mum and Dad’s 1st birthday present for me was flying into Shanghai.. our first time together here as a family! It’s been a ton of fun over the past week.. exploring Shanghai – which basically means eating our way around Shanghai 😉 Their 2nd birthday present was a whole bunch of Japanese snacks and chocolates.. because they’re my favourite 🙂 And because they were in Japan for a week before coming to Shanghai. And their 3rd birthday present was given to me on the day of my birthday itself:

JAPANESE stuff!!! I totally love Japan-made goods, they’re always superior

A beautiful pendant covered in gold leaf

I love the feel of it, it’s so ultra smooth and sleek 🙂

A pic of it on me (the chain’s actually longer, I just pulled it back to make it shorter)

A Japanese hair claw! I wanted to get one in Shanghai but it was too expensive,
so very happy I have one now 🙂

Looks nice clipped over a ponytail

I love ’em! Thanks Mum and Dad 😀

• oh_ayana posted on November 4, 2009 at 7:22 am

Aw your parents are so sweet! I have a similar necklace my grandma bought for me from the Metropolitan Museum of Art!
    Love the hair claw!!

• beverly posted on November 4, 2009 at 1:25 pm

They have good taste, cos I loooove both. Yay!

• starbucksweetie posted on November 4, 2009 at 3:21 pm

I like the blazer that you’re wearing with the gold necklace.

• beverly posted on November 5, 2009 at 2:13 am

It’s an Alannah Hill piece.. and has bits of shimmer/glitter on the scalloped ends at the bottom – really nice, unfortunately I didn’t capture it in the pic!

• oh_ayana posted on November 4, 2009 at 7:22 am

Love the hair claw!!

• beverly posted on November 4, 2009 at 1:25 pm

They have good taste, cos I loooove both. Yay!

• belladonna_fb posted on November 4, 2009 at 3:58 pm

the necklace is gorgeous! i can feel the smoothness from here already.

• beverly posted on November 5, 2009 at 2:29 am

I love the smoothness of it.. and end up playing with it like a crazy person every time I wear it 😛

• starbucksweetie posted on November 4, 2009 at 3:21 pm

I like the blazer that you’re wearing with the gold necklace.

• beverly posted on November 5, 2009 at 2:13 am

• belladonna_fb posted on November 4, 2009 at 3:58 pm

the necklace is gorgeous! i can feel the smoothness from here already.

• beverly posted on November 5, 2009 at 2:29 am

• claypot posted on November 5, 2009 at 6:54 am

Tom asks if it’s a cookie. “No it’s a pendant!” … “Yes but is it a cookie?”

• beverly posted on November 5, 2009 at 10:17 am

It’s a COOKIE NECKLACE!!!! rofl!! Dad actually declared “it’s a ladybug” but I think cookie is cooler 😛

• claypot posted on November 5, 2009 at 6:54 am

Tom asks if it’s a cookie. “No it’s a pendant!” … “Yes but is it a cookie?”

• beverly posted on November 5, 2009 at 10:17 am