FOOD, My recipes, Uncategorized MACADAMIA & CHOC CHIP COOKIES 27 September 2009

Decided to bake some cookies – both for us and also for my colleagues at work. It always surprises me that people are SO into my homebaked goodies.. I’d always thought locals would like their own Chinese desserts but nup, everyone is totally Westernised and loves ’em 🙂 Many ask “Erm.. can I have another one please?” and some either ask for extra to take home to their spouse, *LOL*! A fun, cheap, easy way to make people at work happy 🙂

Chris baking with our pretty little pink heart-shaped bowl. ROFL!

Mixing in the brown sugar and butter

Sifting in flour

Add in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and macadamia nuts

Put in little balls on baking paper or foil, and bake for 10-15 mins at 180 celcius

All done! Best eaten straight out of the oven…. mmmmmm 🙂

Chris was reading one of the magazines on the plane, and suddenly said “HEY!!!”
Turns out there was an article on top resorts and our Shangri La resort @ the Maldives
was listed as one of ’em.. really made us wish we were back there in paradise 😛

• thefragrantelf posted on September 27, 2009 at 11:40 am

They look delish! No wonder they like them!

Hee, I love Chris’ cheesy grin!

• beverly posted on September 27, 2009 at 2:07 pm

ROFL chris is a nutter 😛

• aqualuna posted on September 27, 2009 at 12:17 pm

hahaha it’s the SQ inflight magazine right? When I read the article and saw that pic, I immediately thought about you and your honeymoon! 😀

• beverly posted on September 27, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Yeees it is, you are a smarty pants! 😛

• peachietree posted on September 27, 2009 at 12:18 pm

Really the locals eat them? I used to bake all the time and give out cupcakes and cookies to my coworkers in the States, but here I feel like they will just be left rejected and unloved… I think Shanghai-ers are more open to Western foods than Beijingers. :T

• beverly posted on September 27, 2009 at 2:19 pm

Yeah they really do! You might be right.. or maybe just the staff in our office are more open and have travelled out of China?

• sintart posted on September 27, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Choc chip cookies are a universally loved dessert plus you make a lot of really yummy looking food 🙂 Chris has the best facial expressions!

• beverly posted on September 27, 2009 at 2:28 pm

Truuuue, how could anyone NOT love cookies? 😛

• madaboutsprees posted on September 27, 2009 at 2:03 pm

recipe pls? your cookies remind me of famous amos (brings me back to the wisma atria walkway..). i need a good cookie recipe! my bakes of late have been a disaster!

• starbucksweetie posted on September 27, 2009 at 2:43 pm

A fun, cheap, easy way to make people at work happy 🙂 I like how you strive to make people happy.

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 3:40 am

Well… I do get to eat the cookies too, so everyone is happy now 😉

• exhileration posted on September 27, 2009 at 4:03 pm

mmmm we baked cookies last night too! Just oatmeal choco chip instead of your macadamia 🙂 You’re right, they are best out of the oven!

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 3:48 am

Oo i’ve never tried em with oatmeal! I like the double choc cookies too… mmm…..

• koffiekitten posted on September 27, 2009 at 5:07 pm

those cookies look SO good!

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 3:49 am

You know, they’re SUPER cheap to make but if you buy cookies outside, it’s like $1-2 each -s uch a rip off!

• thefragrantelf posted on September 27, 2009 at 11:40 am

They look delish! No wonder they like them!

Hee, I love Chris’ cheesy grin!

• beverly posted on September 27, 2009 at 2:07 pm

ROFL chris is a nutter 😛

• beverly posted on September 27, 2009 at 2:07 pm

ROFL chris is a nutter 😛

• thefragrantelf posted on September 27, 2009 at 11:40 am

They look delish! No wonder they like them!

Hee, I love Chris’ cheesy grin!

• aqualuna posted on September 27, 2009 at 12:17 pm

Well… I do get to eat the cookies too, so everyone is happy now 😉

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 3:40 am

Well… I do get to eat the cookies too, so everyone is happy now 😉

• starbucksweetie posted on September 27, 2009 at 2:43 pm

• exhileration posted on September 27, 2009 at 4:03 pm

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 3:48 am

Oo i’ve never tried em with oatmeal! I like the double choc cookies too… mmm…..

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 3:48 am

Oo i’ve never tried em with oatmeal! I like the double choc cookies too… mmm…..

• exhileration posted on September 27, 2009 at 4:03 pm

• koffiekitten posted on September 27, 2009 at 5:07 pm

those cookies look SO good!

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 3:49 am

• beverly posted on September 28, 2009 at 3:49 am

• koffiekitten posted on September 27, 2009 at 5:07 pm

those cookies look SO good!

• hotpinkmanolo posted on October 4, 2009 at 5:37 am

omg look DELICIOUS!

And tell your hubby, that it’s okay, only the most secure of men would bake cookies with the batter in a heart shaped bowl! ^_^

• hotpinkmanolo posted on October 4, 2009 at 5:38 am