Honeymoon, Maldives, Uncategorized HONEYMOON IN THE MALDIVES – nothing to do but relax… 26 August 2009

During our entire stay, we spent almost every waking moment outdoors and/or in the water. D’you know what’s weird? I’ve never actually liked the ocean. I don’t hate it or anything, I’m just not a huge fan of it. Too windy, too many waves, too deep, and waaay too cold. Whenever I went to the beach, I did exactly that – sit and prance around the beach, but never venture into the water.

But for the first time in my entire life, I LOVED the ocean. It’s all waist-deep around the villa, and absolutely warm. The water is crystal clear, and teeming with brightly-coloured fish! It was the first (and possibly last) time in my life that I was eager to get into the ocean; which we constantly did. That really surprised me.. I expected to mostly lounge around on the deck chairs and not get into the water, but here I was, constantly frolicking in swimwear in the lovely warm water. It’s like I became a totally different person 😛

Perfect blue skies, crystal clear waters and a light breeze… there’s no other way to enjoy all that than to dip in and out of the ocean, and relax on the hammock or deck chairs and waste time. It’s also the first time, for as long as I can remember, that I’ve actually sat still for a significant amount of time and done nothing, thought nothing, and just sat around enjoying each other’s company. It was magical 🙂

Honeymoonette and Honeymooner, as Chris dubbed us 😛

Lazing around on the day bed

Lazying around in the pool hut

Stop taking pics of my (burnt) bum!

There’s an umbrella growing out of Chris!

My bikini matches the ocean 😛

Lounging out on the hammock. Niiiice.

Mmmmm…

Watching the clouds go by

Perfect blue and aqua.. all the pics are unedited, believe it or not!

One happy (and cheesy) camper

• lindi_jay posted on August 26, 2009 at 6:18 am

The water looks incredible; I’m not surprised you spent most of the day in there. By the way, just how many swimsuits do you have, and did you take them all on your honeymoon? (PS: they’re adorable!)

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 8:59 am

It was really amazing to just chill out and lounge around all day.. such a far cry from usual life back home!

I have 2 swimmers, and bought 2 more just before the honeymoon 🙂

• liverella posted on August 26, 2009 at 6:23 am

Wooohooo…yummy,sexy body on the last pic…I am still drooling at the water….more posts please!

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 9:00 am

Hehe thanks, I love how the swimmers matched the water, I was camouflaged 😉

• misawong posted on August 26, 2009 at 6:33 am

What a lovely lovely resort!!! The water is crystal clear! I’m so glad that the both of you enjoyed your honeymoon. And I love your swimwear – especially the skirts.

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 9:01 am

My fave part was definitely the clear (and super warm) water.. made it so much fun to be just above it and jump in anytime, hehe.

• thefragrantelf posted on August 26, 2009 at 7:46 am

I don’t like the sea much either but I would have been in and out of there all the time too!!!

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 9:01 am

Yessss I normally can’t stand it, I turn into an ugly angry monster whenever I step in, for some reason! But not in Maldives *whew* 😛

• budding_corsage posted on August 26, 2009 at 9:29 am

Oooh, the hammock thing looks really relaxing!

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 2:14 pm

It was ultra nice to just laze around there.. i dont think i’d ever get sick of that 😛

• popcorn_feet posted on August 26, 2009 at 10:15 am

Ohhhh man, so much to say 🙂 First water is beautiful, again 🙂 Think Ive said that in every comment 🙂 Bathing suits are beautiful too…adorable actually! How in the world did you burn your ass? LOL No sunscreen?

The hammock looks wonderful, I think I might have slept there 🙂

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 2:15 pm

YOu said it in every comment but we said it just about every minute of the day, so we’re worse hee!

I burnt the part just below my bikini bottons.. cos they get a lot of sun when we were snorkelling… waaaaah!

• emmakins888 posted on August 26, 2009 at 10:42 am

That hammock looks so relaxing, Bev!

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Ahhhhhh it super was, and so nice to see the water all around 🙂

• cenedrah posted on August 26, 2009 at 12:01 pm

WARM water?! I normally dislike the beaches for its cold water too so I do believe your description of the Maldives is the place for me!

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 2:16 pm

SAME! I can’t stand having to sloooowly get in grimacing away, I mean, what fun is that?? So normally i can’t stand the ocean.. but here it was like getting into a warm bath, yayyy

• tiffanyx posted on August 26, 2009 at 1:07 pm

love your pink swimmer! too cute!

and WOW the hammock is hung over the ocean?!?!?!?!?! kudos to the designer for designing it that way!!!

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Hehe it’s quite japanese style, aye.
      Yeah, you can just roll out of the hammock and plop into the water, tres fun!

• tiffanyx posted on August 27, 2009 at 12:31 am

got them in SHA? or SG??
        i likey the ruffles-y skirt thing! 😀

yeaps! that is the life! =)

• blairwitch posted on August 26, 2009 at 1:21 pm

Your bikinis are too cute 🙂 They suit you perfectly! And I agree with the cold water… but there’s also another reason I don’t like getting into the water at the beach, and that’s because my contact lenses would fall out, so I have to wear dorky goggles at the beach! Not a good look with a bikini…

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Yes exactly! Alll the beaches I’ve been to don’t have perfect white sand (can’t stand weird stuff underneath my feet) and cold water… torture…

I used to have contact lenses too so I hear ya – I basically never went to the beach/ocean all those years I had em 😛

• lindi_jay posted on August 26, 2009 at 6:18 am

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 8:59 am

I have 2 swimmers, and bought 2 more just before the honeymoon 🙂

• liverella posted on August 26, 2009 at 6:23 am

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 9:00 am

Hehe thanks, I love how the swimmers matched the water, I was camouflaged 😉

• misawong posted on August 26, 2009 at 6:33 am

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 9:01 am

• thefragrantelf posted on August 26, 2009 at 7:46 am

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 9:01 am

• budding_corsage posted on August 26, 2009 at 9:29 am

Oooh, the hammock thing looks really relaxing!

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 2:14 pm

• popcorn_feet posted on August 26, 2009 at 10:15 am

The hammock looks wonderful, I think I might have slept there 🙂

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 2:15 pm

• emmakins888 posted on August 26, 2009 at 10:42 am

That hammock looks so relaxing, Bev!

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 2:16 pm

Ahhhhhh it super was, and so nice to see the water all around 🙂

• cenedrah posted on August 26, 2009 at 12:01 pm

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 2:16 pm

• tiffanyx posted on August 26, 2009 at 1:07 pm

love your pink swimmer! too cute!

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Hehe it’s quite japanese style, aye.
      Yeah, you can just roll out of the hammock and plop into the water, tres fun!

• tiffanyx posted on August 27, 2009 at 12:31 am

got them in SHA? or SG??
        i likey the ruffles-y skirt thing! 😀

yeaps! that is the life! =)

• blairwitch posted on August 26, 2009 at 1:21 pm

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 2:23 pm

• gilraen_girl posted on August 26, 2009 at 11:29 pm

It looks just so beautiful, Bev. I’m one of those weird people who actually like cool/cold water and surf, but I’m sure I would love swimming around in that beautiful blue water.

So, when do we get the wedding story? 😉

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 11:42 pm

Oooh I think you’re just tough, unlike prissy me 😛 I always complain like hell about the water and never get in.. heh!

Wedding story not for wks 😛

• starbucksweetie posted on August 27, 2009 at 12:05 am

I love the pics. I want to go on vacation right now.

• gilraen_girl posted on August 26, 2009 at 11:29 pm

So, when do we get the wedding story? 😉

• beverly posted on August 26, 2009 at 11:42 pm

Wedding story not for wks 😛

• starbucksweetie posted on August 27, 2009 at 12:05 am

I love the pics. I want to go on vacation right now.