Honeymoon, Maldives, Uncategorized, Wedding HONEYMOON IN THE MALDIVES – cocktails on the beach 31 August 2009

Most days were spent lazing around before dinner-time, so what better way to chill out than an icy cold cocktail on the beach? A bonus – you get a wooden box containing a portable fan, Evian water spray and cold wet towels.. just so you’re comfortable 🙂 And comfy we were, chatting and having a drink whilst watching the sunset and listening to the waves lap at the sand.

I actually can’t remember the last time we sat down and watched the sunset and whiled away time. Perhaps…. never? There’s much to be said about putting life on Pause sometimes and just enjoying the moment. Even better if that moment is facilitated by the Shangri-La 😛

The pool area where the bar is

Wooden box of goodies

Lounging around

Watching the sunset

Gorgeous colours!

Yes those are cornflakes – it was my avocado and vanilla ice cream drink!

Beef carpaccio with rocket and parmesan crust

Pizza and amazing amazing fish & chips

CHEERS 🙂

Chicken kebabs, bread rolls and more cocktails

Another day, another cocktail(s)

Traditional Maldivian song and dance

• sintart posted on August 31, 2009 at 8:59 am

The avocado and vanilla ice cream drink sounds so lush!
    What were the traditional songs & dances like?

• beverly posted on August 31, 2009 at 11:56 am

I really liked it, so thick and creamy!

The songs are almost like african/tribal music.. lots of drums and chanting stuff. It was cool to watch 🙂

• beverly posted on August 31, 2009 at 11:56 am

I really liked it, so thick and creamy!

• sintart posted on August 31, 2009 at 8:59 am

The avocado and vanilla ice cream drink sounds so lush!
    What were the traditional songs & dances like?

• jesuisariel posted on August 31, 2009 at 10:11 am

Such bliss! I think I would probably put on at least 10 Kg if I were to eat like you guys! Luckily you don’t put on weight easily..hehehe 🙂

• beverly posted on August 31, 2009 at 11:56 am

Chris put on FIVE! He was visibly bigger.. heheheh. I put on 1KG but it shows up a LOT on me.. because it went straight to my hips and thighs 🙁

• beverly posted on August 31, 2009 at 11:56 am

• jesuisariel posted on August 31, 2009 at 10:11 am

• tiffanyx posted on August 31, 2009 at 12:04 pm

its like fit for king & queen on the sands!!

• beverly posted on September 1, 2009 at 12:19 am

Ohhh true, hehe! I wish we could have it like this our entire lives 😛

• tiffanyx posted on September 1, 2009 at 12:56 am

haha, make it a once a year thing lor?

• tiffanyx posted on September 1, 2009 at 12:56 am

haha, make it a once a year thing lor?

• beverly posted on September 1, 2009 at 12:19 am

Ohhh true, hehe! I wish we could have it like this our entire lives 😛

• tiffanyx posted on August 31, 2009 at 12:04 pm

its like fit for king & queen on the sands!!

• miss_foxy posted on August 31, 2009 at 1:27 pm

wow. my eyes, my eyes. they are burning from jealousy!

• beverly posted on September 1, 2009 at 12:20 am

well, i’m totally grumpy we’re back! china really isn’t the same as the maldives, sad to say 😛

• beverly posted on September 1, 2009 at 12:20 am

• miss_foxy posted on August 31, 2009 at 1:27 pm

wow. my eyes, my eyes. they are burning from jealousy!

• sintart posted on August 31, 2009 at 8:59 am

The avocado and vanilla ice cream drink sounds so lush!
    What were the traditional songs & dances like?

• beverly posted on August 31, 2009 at 11:56 am

I really liked it, so thick and creamy!

• jesuisariel posted on August 31, 2009 at 10:11 am

• beverly posted on August 31, 2009 at 11:56 am

• alongcameaspydr posted on August 31, 2009 at 6:22 pm

I just love all the pictures you’ve posted. And you guys picked a very nice secluded place. I’ll have to think about this place when I honeymoon!

• beverly posted on September 1, 2009 at 12:29 am

Yesss go to the Shangri-La too! You’ guys would love it 🙂

• beverly posted on September 1, 2009 at 12:29 am

Yesss go to the Shangri-La too! You’ guys would love it 🙂

• alongcameaspydr posted on August 31, 2009 at 6:22 pm

• tiffanyx posted on August 31, 2009 at 12:04 pm

its like fit for king & queen on the sands!!

• beverly posted on September 1, 2009 at 12:19 am

Ohhh true, hehe! I wish we could have it like this our entire lives 😛

• tiffanyx posted on September 1, 2009 at 12:56 am

haha, make it a once a year thing lor?

• miss_foxy posted on August 31, 2009 at 1:27 pm

wow. my eyes, my eyes. they are burning from jealousy!

• beverly posted on September 1, 2009 at 12:20 am

• starbucksweetie posted on September 1, 2009 at 1:16 am

I love the first photo. It looks like it belongs in a brochure.

• beverly posted on September 1, 2009 at 6:25 am

thanks! it’s what I loved about the place.. everything was so picture perfect

• beverly posted on September 1, 2009 at 6:25 am

thanks! it’s what I loved about the place.. everything was so picture perfect

• starbucksweetie posted on September 1, 2009 at 1:16 am

I love the first photo. It looks like it belongs in a brochure.

• alongcameaspydr posted on August 31, 2009 at 6:22 pm

• beverly posted on September 1, 2009 at 12:29 am

Yesss go to the Shangri-La too! You’ guys would love it 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on September 1, 2009 at 1:16 am

I love the first photo. It looks like it belongs in a brochure.

• beverly posted on September 1, 2009 at 6:25 am