FOOD, Friends, Uncategorized THE VICTORIA ROOM @ DARLINGHURST 28 June 2008

Had a girly high tea at the famous Victoria Room in Darlinghurst. It was my first time there and I made the reservation for us 6 weeks in advance, that’s how popular the place is! Frankly though, I don’t really see why. Because they’re so popular, they really pack the tables in, so it feels like all the tables are cramped together and thus it doesn’t give a luxurious, ritzy vibe (which the website seems to insinuate). I also found the food fairly average – nice, but nothing special. Plus they wouldn’t even re-fill my tea which I thought was pretty ludicrous. MUCH prefer the high tea at The Tea Room @ QVB.

It was fun meeting up with all the girls though, and being able to gossip about all things girly 😉 Normally we always have our guys with us, so it’s pretty rare that we get girl-only time!

At The Victoria Room

Looking like ladies of leisure 😛

A closer one of my new Prada lambskin bag, just for good measure. Hee!
And see that raspberry bag? That’s a Prada lambskin too.
And see that black bag? That’s a Prada calfsin. Prada triplets! 😛

It was super-dark inside, and lit by candles

Pretty interior, but the tables were just too packed together

Our really tiny table

The French girls!

The menu

High Tea tier – good but not fantastic. Did love the scones though!

With my work girl friends 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on June 28, 2008 at 2:52 pm

Despite your review that the place is mediocre – it still looks pretty nice.

• beverly posted on June 28, 2008 at 11:57 pm

Yeah the inside’s pretty nice, and very romantic looking. Reckon they should have less people there though!

• starbucksweetie posted on June 28, 2008 at 2:52 pm

Despite your review that the place is mediocre – it still looks pretty nice.

• beverly posted on June 28, 2008 at 11:57 pm

• Anonymous posted on June 29, 2008 at 1:48 am

Thanks for the review. I was looking into booking High Tea at The Victoria Room for next Saturday but luckily I changed my mind and booked The Swissotel instead – all you can eat and drink for $35!!! 🙂

Maitreya

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 11:39 am

Ahh I’ve heard good things about swissotel! I think they’d be a lot better IMHO 🙂

• babyflite posted on June 29, 2008 at 5:05 am

Let’s try the Tea Room at Gunner’s Barracks next time. It’s is Mosman and meant to have an awesome view!

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 11:45 am

I’ve heard of that vaguely.. YES let’s go one of these upcoming weekends when I’m back from Prague!

• babyflite posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:01 pm

You know we totally look like ladies who lunch in the photo with our bags…

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:04 pm

Yes let’s pretend we don’t have jobs and have to work for our $$… and we have super rich old hubbies that we live off 😛 If only!

• Anonymous posted on June 29, 2008 at 8:16 am

Beverly,

Just an OT question in regards to Balenciaga handbags – how can you tell a genuine from a fake? I’ve seen a couple on Ebay that I wouldn’t mind getting (priced around $100-$200) but don’t know how to tell it apart from a fake. Are you able to give me some pointers?

Maitreya.

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 11:48 am

The bags retail about US$1k and upwards, so you won’t get one much cheaper than half the price (and that’s only if it’s really really used). I’d stick with the big sellers or try asking in the forums at purseblog.com
      last but not least, if you get it directly from the boutique, then you’re guaranteed! I don’t find brand new Balenciagas are that much cheaper on eBay so you might as well get it from the boutique if you want 100% peace of mind 🙂

• Anonymous posted on June 29, 2008 at 1:48 am

Maitreya

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 11:39 am

• claypot posted on June 29, 2008 at 11:10 am

You, Erica and the other girl in the picture are what we call … tai-tais!

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 11:38 am

Hehe that’s only if we don’t work and live off our rich husbands though, right? WE WISH 😉

• babyflite posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:02 pm

Hahaha, I wish!!!

• claypot posted on June 30, 2008 at 8:20 am

[info]babyflite wrote:
        Jun. 29th, 2008 12:01 pm (UTC)
        You know we totally look like ladies who lunch in the photo with our bags…

Same thing as tai-tais lah … hehehhe! I’m jealous!

• babyflite posted on June 29, 2008 at 5:05 am

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 11:45 am

• babyflite posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:01 pm

You know we totally look like ladies who lunch in the photo with our bags…

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:04 pm

• Anonymous posted on June 29, 2008 at 8:16 am

Beverly,

Maitreya.

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 11:48 am

• claypot posted on June 29, 2008 at 11:10 am

You, Erica and the other girl in the picture are what we call … tai-tais!

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 11:38 am

• babyflite posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:02 pm

Hahaha, I wish!!!

• claypot posted on June 30, 2008 at 8:20 am

[info]babyflite wrote:
        Jun. 29th, 2008 12:01 pm (UTC)
        You know we totally look like ladies who lunch in the photo with our bags…

Same thing as tai-tais lah … hehehhe! I’m jealous!