FOOD, Friends, Uncategorized TACOS & PINA COLADAS 29 June 2008

The girls randomly decided to have tacos for dinner with some Pina Coladas, so off we went to the supermarket to stock up on groceries whilst the boys spend their time playing Xbox ’til their eyeballs fell out. Nearly. We haven’t had tacos in awhile and it’s one of our fave foods, so was totally eager for dinner and subsequently stuffed myself like nobody’s business. I figure it’s got a lot of veggies in it, so it’s practically a health food meal, right?!

Then we got the bright idea to go clean our jewellery in the ultrasonic cleanser, specifically meant for cleaning diamond, gold, platinum. After the 10mins of cleaning, I picked up my engagement ring and noticed (thank goodness) one of the small shoulder diamonds had dropped out. Argh!! Cannot even explain the horror I felt. Took the ring and diamond back to Percy Marks and they apologised profusely, saying it was very very rare that this would occur (well, I would expect so!!) but it probably happened because the ring was…… just too small. Erm?!?! Apparently it was already made into a size that was very small, and then I resized it more than 2 sizes down so it’ll fit. And because they’ve never made an engagement ring to fit such a small finger, the setting wasn’t tight enough to accommodate it. Cripes. A bit scary that such a $$ boutique can have that happen.. Anyway that’s not really my problem, so I just made them assure me that every diamond would be exhaustively checked and they spent a week doing it.. so now I’ve finally gotten it back – perfect as it was before. Thank goodness! Anyway, so a heads up to girls with size 3 (or AU size F) fingers.. remember to tell them to ensure the setting can fit you! But at least it all came back super shiny and polished, so I’m happy 🙂

It’s man-love as Chris gets adjusted into the head massager

Ahhhhhh relaxing

Probably more relaxing if I keep sitting down 😉

ROFL!

A very happy Chris

Lounging around

Yet another pic of me with my new Prada lambskin bag..
with the Juicy Couture lovebirds charm hanging off it! 😛

Hahaha

Aussie bushflowers we brought along

Pina Coladaaaaa!!

IT’S TACO TIME

All the various fillings

Words fail me….

Totally delicious!

Awesome home-cooked beef bourguignon. Ooh la la!

My missing diamond 🙁 Was torture going ring-less
for almost a week whilst it got fixed!

Ze boys say good night

• ptechnix posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:22 pm

Maybe Percy Marks weren’t used to making engagement rings for fingers so small that they could fingerbang a chicken without it knowing *PAKAWWWWWW!!!*

And my poor head massager…. It saw more man action that night than that gateway to hell between Lindsey Lohans legs….

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:36 pm

That is so nasty, get your head outta the gutter!

What was even funnier about that massager was seeing everyone’s, erm, enjoyed faces when they were using it.

• thefragrantelf posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:31 pm

Gaaah! re your ring, but so glad they got it fixed!

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:36 pm

Ya thank goodness! But one week without it was awwwwful

• winterswitchery posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:42 pm

I find that really unbelievable, but I guess it’s true. My fingers are quite as small, but definitely under a US 5 (3.5 thru 4.5), and the ring we originally were going to buy couldn’t be resized for me because the setting would pop. But we did find one small and perfect (which sadly has lost a diamond of it’s own this week). At any rate, I’m glad your ring is fixed!

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:17 pm

I know it’s evil (sorry!!) but it’s so comforting to know I’m not the only one.. I was feeling a bit like a freak ‘cos no one else was relating to my woes 😛 I hope you get yours fixed really soon toooo!

• winterswitchery posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:42 pm

“My fingers are NOT quite as small”

Bah, Half asleep typing

• babyflite posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:42 pm

The next time you guys come over you can all try our massage chair which should arrive in a couple of days. 😉

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:19 pm

Ohhh yes, when I”m back from Prague for sure! 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on June 29, 2008 at 1:31 pm

Wow, crazy that the diamond would fall out. Did they recommend that you don’t clean it with a ultra sonic cleaner?

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:20 pm

Thing is, jewellers use the exact same thing to clean their own diamonds so it should be fine to. Thank goodness I DID clean it though and the diamond fell out.. better I find out that the setting needed fixing sooner than later!

• larissy posted on June 29, 2008 at 1:34 pm

gosh, how horrible that a diamond fell out! thank goodness it was fixed. how many shoulder diamonds do you have on your ring?

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:21 pm

It’s 7 round diamonds in a bead setting 🙂

• tiffanyx posted on June 29, 2008 at 2:34 pm

*yikes!!* it dropped out?!?!?!?!?! i sent my ring in TWICE to resize (the first time still isnt quite fitting, hence the 2nd time) and it was really agony waiting for the precious to come back~~

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:25 pm

Ya i agree.. it’s killing to wait, haha. If your fingers are super tiny def make sure the setting is perfectly tight, esp since you resized twice – better safe than sorry! 🙂

• tiffanyx posted on June 30, 2008 at 1:06 pm

hmmm my finger is size 7???

• vamprila posted on June 29, 2008 at 3:07 pm

omg! made me check my wedding ring for any missing diamonds =p

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:25 pm

Apparently I read it’s best to get it checked by your jeweller every 6 months, just to have peace of mind! What a hassle.. :PP

• vamprila posted on June 30, 2008 at 1:32 pm

oh well, good excuse to have a new one before i grow out of it? =p

• uglychocolate posted on June 29, 2008 at 5:08 pm

In the picture of you holding the taco shells, I couldn’t help but notice the giant bar of Toblerone in the background. Yummmmm! =)

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:26 pm

We devoured one at work… it’s sooo good, lol!

• ptechnix posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:22 pm

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:36 pm

That is so nasty, get your head outta the gutter!

• thefragrantelf posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:31 pm

Gaaah! re your ring, but so glad they got it fixed!

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:36 pm

Ya thank goodness! But one week without it was awwwwful

• winterswitchery posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:42 pm

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:17 pm

• winterswitchery posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:42 pm

“My fingers are NOT quite as small”

Bah, Half asleep typing

• babyflite posted on June 29, 2008 at 12:42 pm

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:19 pm

Ohhh yes, when I”m back from Prague for sure! 🙂

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:23 pm

Hehe this massager actually works though, it’s be Osim, a huge brand for massage stuff! I really want one 😛

Thank goodness the ring’s fixed now, can’t believe it happened :X

• starbucksweetie posted on June 29, 2008 at 1:31 pm

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:20 pm

• larissy posted on June 29, 2008 at 1:34 pm

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:21 pm

It’s 7 round diamonds in a bead setting 🙂

• dreamsailboat posted on June 29, 2008 at 1:36 pm

brain smarch machine… 😮 hahaha!

reminds me of this usa fad:

…so is there a story in the ring design, some significance to the odd stone?

my ex-gf also had tiny fingers, smaller then tiffany’s smallest, and the ring i gave her, had to be sent to new york to be resized, and they actually sent it twice! but its worth it to get a fit. now, just don’t ever let your fingers get BIGGER!

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:23 pm

Thank goodness the ring’s fixed now, can’t believe it happened :X

• tiffanyx posted on June 29, 2008 at 2:34 pm

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:25 pm

• tiffanyx posted on June 30, 2008 at 1:06 pm

hmmm my finger is size 7???

• vamprila posted on June 29, 2008 at 3:07 pm

omg! made me check my wedding ring for any missing diamonds =p

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:25 pm

• vamprila posted on June 30, 2008 at 1:32 pm

oh well, good excuse to have a new one before i grow out of it? =p

• pebzz posted on June 30, 2008 at 12:36 am

Oh my! even Big Names have flaws!! Luckily you managed to ‘catch’ the diamond…can you imagine if you didn’t?? OMG!

• beverly posted on June 30, 2008 at 8:05 am

Sad huh? Guess they’re just not used to making that size 🙁 They were willing to replace the diamond regardless, so at least that’s good to know 😉

• uglychocolate posted on June 29, 2008 at 5:08 pm

• beverly posted on June 29, 2008 at 9:26 pm

We devoured one at work… it’s sooo good, lol!

• pebzz posted on June 30, 2008 at 12:36 am

• beverly posted on June 30, 2008 at 8:05 am

• j0s1e267 posted on June 30, 2008 at 5:56 pm

Taco party! How fun! Glad to hear that your ring is back OK now. Scary!!! I have been warned against using sonic cleaner, especially for rings with pave diamonds. I just use a regular cleaner + brush to keep my rings clean.

• beverly posted on June 30, 2008 at 9:24 pm

Yeah I need to be more careful.. I guess those cleaners are best for plain rings without the surrounding diamonds? At least now I know 😛

• j0s1e267 posted on July 1, 2008 at 4:19 pm

Yes that’s right. Also, don’t forget the wise advise “a dirty ring is better than no ring” so don’t go removing your ring when washing hands or what not! 🙂

• j0s1e267 posted on June 30, 2008 at 5:56 pm