Family, FOOD, Living in... Singapore, Uncategorized LIANG KEE 4 January 2008

Dad’s birthday dinner was at Liang Kee on Clarke Quay.. conveniently chosen for me since it was on New Year’s Eve and I was meeting friends at Clarke Quay later on 😛 It’s a traditional Teochew restaurant and Dad is Teochew, so it’s right up his alley! The food there’s all pretty good, with some star dishes like their Braised Duck and Yam Paste (Or Nee). We initially thought we’d ordered too little, but since everyone was so blimmin’ bloated from the past few weeks of eating, the food was sufficient. Unfortunately, the food doesn’t photograph very well.. so everything looks a bit sloppy and unappetizing :X

Liang Kee

Me and cousin

Ngo Hiang. I don’t even know what the English name for this is! But I’m not a fan of this dish..

Deep fried prawns with mayonnaise. OMG this was delectable. I had 3 :)~

Pork Spare Ribs. Very tasty and very good!

Braised duck and tofu. This is their star dish, it’s delish!

Noodles. Ooooo they were luscious

Steamed buns. We’d expected them to be deep fried, so were a bit disappointed.
But one bite and we changed our minds – they were so soft and fluffy!!

Yam Paste (Or Nee). Traditional Teochew dessert, sweet and incredibly unhealthy 😉

Chocolate cake from Lana Cakes. One of my faves EVERRRRRRRRRR!

The birthday boy, hee 😛

Family pic 🙂

Random, but at the Singapore airport food court, one of the stalls
was selling Lemon Chicken and Rice with Soup for SG$1.80!!!!

That’s AU$1.40 or US$1.25 FOR THE ENTIRE MEAL!!! OMGGGGGGGGGG

And that concludes my Singapore trip! Back at work and neck-high with TONS of things to do. Argh. It’s quite fun to be back in the swing of things though.. it’s all a little crazy and hectic, but really fun and challenging. Onward ho for a kick ass 2008!!

• thefragrantelf posted on January 4, 2008 at 10:21 am

Here I am, just mooning around refreshing pages while I download stuff to my pod, then your entry comes up…HOLY #&*@ … I need a drooling icon. Doesn’t look unappetising to me…the prawns with mayo(!!!), ribs, braised duck and Yam Paste look especially good; so do the steamed buns, even though they also look like evil fluff monsters!

• beverly posted on January 4, 2008 at 10:58 pm

Hehe I’ve got my Homer icon as my drool icon 😉 I think my fave were the steamed buns.. soooo nice. mmmmm!

• tiffanyx posted on January 4, 2008 at 11:53 am

thats amanda’s older sister right?? they look like peas in pod!
    i was blinking my eyes out. 😛

yeaps, the airport canteen have got SUPER cheap fooooooood. =)

• beverly posted on January 4, 2008 at 11:01 pm

Yeah they are, and they do look similar!

• pandora76 posted on January 4, 2008 at 2:20 pm

I’m teochew and I love every single dish you posted! YUMMM!!!!

• beverly posted on January 4, 2008 at 11:02 pm

Do like Teochew Mui? It’s one of my faaaaaaave :)~

• renew posted on January 4, 2008 at 3:15 pm

Aww, you and your parents are so cute! 😀

• beverly posted on January 6, 2008 at 2:10 am

Hehe we do have fun together!

• ichabunni posted on January 4, 2008 at 3:59 pm

that last picture is such a good deal!!! but you have to wonder why they’re so cheap o_O *paranoid*

• beverly posted on January 6, 2008 at 2:12 am

Yeah lol, the food was so tasty too! mmm…

• thefragrantelf posted on January 4, 2008 at 10:21 am

• beverly posted on January 4, 2008 at 10:58 pm

• tiffanyx posted on January 4, 2008 at 11:53 am

thats amanda’s older sister right?? they look like peas in pod!
    i was blinking my eyes out. 😛

yeaps, the airport canteen have got SUPER cheap fooooooood. =)

• beverly posted on January 4, 2008 at 11:01 pm

Yeah they are, and they do look similar!

• islegrl posted on January 4, 2008 at 8:07 pm

Happy New Year! I’m sure you’ll do great this year. I doubt there is any challenge that you can’t overcome. All the best to you! *^^*

• beverly posted on January 6, 2008 at 2:13 am

Aww thank you! Happy 2008 to you too and here’s to a great year for us 🙂

• pandora76 posted on January 4, 2008 at 2:20 pm

I’m teochew and I love every single dish you posted! YUMMM!!!!

• beverly posted on January 4, 2008 at 11:02 pm

Do like Teochew Mui? It’s one of my faaaaaaave :)~

• renew posted on January 4, 2008 at 3:15 pm

Aww, you and your parents are so cute! 😀

• beverly posted on January 6, 2008 at 2:10 am

Hehe we do have fun together!

• ichabunni posted on January 4, 2008 at 3:59 pm

• beverly posted on January 6, 2008 at 2:12 am

Yeah lol, the food was so tasty too! mmm…

• islegrl posted on January 4, 2008 at 8:07 pm

• beverly posted on January 6, 2008 at 2:13 am

Aww thank you! Happy 2008 to you too and here’s to a great year for us 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on January 5, 2008 at 4:28 am

Deep fried prawns with mayonnaise is my favorite. I order it everytime I’m in a Chinese restaurant.

• beverly posted on January 6, 2008 at 2:13 am

I really like it, not the most healthy of dishes but oh-so-delish

• fuchsiacow posted on January 5, 2008 at 11:34 am

lana’s my fave too. although i think the standard dropped. =(

think i’ll go try liang kee one day too.

• beverly posted on January 6, 2008 at 2:14 am

Oooo in what way? I don’t eat it that often so I can’t tell.. it was still super yum to me 😛

• rubytues posted on January 5, 2008 at 11:34 am

Thanks so much, as always, for photographing all this great food for us! 🙂 Pass the ribs, please. Mmmmm.

• beverly posted on January 6, 2008 at 2:14 am

I”m paying for it now though, gotta eat less and exercise more for 2008. ahhhhh!!

• rollagirl9 posted on January 5, 2008 at 12:17 pm

Happy new Year Bev! Great pics of dinner 🙂

I signed up to LJ! Add me as a friend!

Christine

• beverly posted on January 6, 2008 at 2:14 am

Woo welcome to LJ! Added ya 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on January 5, 2008 at 4:28 am

• beverly posted on January 6, 2008 at 2:13 am

I really like it, not the most healthy of dishes but oh-so-delish

• fuchsiacow posted on January 5, 2008 at 11:34 am

lana’s my fave too. although i think the standard dropped. =(

think i’ll go try liang kee one day too.

• beverly posted on January 6, 2008 at 2:14 am

• rubytues posted on January 5, 2008 at 11:34 am

• beverly posted on January 6, 2008 at 2:14 am

• rollagirl9 posted on January 5, 2008 at 12:17 pm

Happy new Year Bev! Great pics of dinner 🙂

I signed up to LJ! Add me as a friend!

Christine

• beverly posted on January 6, 2008 at 2:14 am

Woo welcome to LJ! Added ya 🙂

• finding_tricia posted on January 6, 2008 at 4:37 am

which part of the airport is that foodstall located??? what’s the portion like, sufficient?

and yes, good to have a new year…with endless possibilities for gd things to happen and may bad ones avoid us!

• beverly posted on January 8, 2008 at 10:37 am

Ummm I dunno where the foodcourt is, but maybe ask for the massive one for airport staff? The portion was regular to other places, just that it was super cheap, yay!

• finding_tricia posted on January 6, 2008 at 4:37 am

• beverly posted on January 8, 2008 at 10:37 am

• marmalade81 posted on January 7, 2008 at 10:53 pm

Happy New Year Bev! I’ve been enjoying your Singapore Trip pics! esp. the food *drools*

• beverly posted on January 8, 2008 at 10:37 am

Happy new year to you too hon!!

• marmalade81 posted on January 7, 2008 at 10:53 pm

• beverly posted on January 8, 2008 at 10:37 am

Happy new year to you too hon!!

• isla_quack posted on January 8, 2008 at 10:50 am

girl, you deleted your latest entry?
    i was going to comment!
    your poor eye! hope u get better soon
    xx

[i didnt even have the chance to finish reading the post!]

• beverly posted on January 8, 2008 at 10:59 am

My pic server is stuffing up so had to delete :X Will repost in a sec!

• isla_quack posted on January 8, 2008 at 10:50 am

girl, you deleted your latest entry?
    i was going to comment!
    your poor eye! hope u get better soon
    xx

[i didnt even have the chance to finish reading the post!]

• beverly posted on January 8, 2008 at 10:59 am

My pic server is stuffing up so had to delete :X Will repost in a sec!

• Anonymous posted on July 14, 2011 at 2:05 am

Ноутбук за палтос

Приветики! НАстала обязанность покупать ноут, ейей не просто для работы чтоб офис и браузер пахал, а чтоб современные игрушки шли, а это как я думаю вы понимаете вовсе другие капитал уже, вообщем покумекал я и решил который требуется брать сони ваё, самый топовый чтоб видюха была мощная, шина ддр3, проц и7 и всегда остальные прибамбасы вроде блюрэя и т.п. вообщем сие отрада мне встало в пятьдесят штук российских долларов))) но я не жалею о потраченной сумме, ибо совершенно игры пашет, гта4 для максималке прёт! про остальные зрелище ваще молчу… последняя нфс простой летает! Винт на терабайт, мало конечно… ноут брал тогда – [url=http://laptopsnn.ru]laptopsnn.ru[/url].

• Anonymous posted on July 14, 2011 at 2:05 am