FOOD, Living in... Singapore, Uncategorized HONG KONG CAFE 2 January 2007

Hong Kong Cafe
275 Thomson Road
Singapore
$$—

Met up with my cousins , and fiancee at Hong Kong Cafe for dinner last night. We kinda over-ordered so ended up stuffed as monkeys afterwards, oops! At least the food was yum 🙂

Hong Kong Cafe

Deep Fried ‘Carrot Cake’ with XO Sauce
with Hong Kong Si-Mud tea

Salt & Pepper Deep Fried Calamari

Beef Brisket Noodles with Soup

Baked Rice with Seafood and Pork Chops

Rice with Salt & Pepper Pork Chops and Fried Egg

Iced Mango Drinks

Deep Fried Peanut Butter Toast

My favourite!!!!

The almost-newly-weds

Me and Cuz!

• khemany posted on January 2, 2007 at 8:52 am

i love how I can come on LJ and find 4 posts in a row which are yours and decked out with pictures of YUMMMY food!! its the best!

The deep fried peanut butter toast looks so interesting and tasty, anything deep fried is great!

• beverly posted on January 3, 2007 at 2:28 am

Yeah sorry about the spam 😛 Did a mad dash to crank ’em all out before I left Singapore!

• khemany posted on January 3, 2007 at 5:50 am

nah i love it, its seriously the best thing ever i love reading about food and looking at food pics LOL

• pandora76 posted on January 2, 2007 at 9:08 am

Oooooh….everything looks so gooood!! I’m getting hungry just looking at your pics! Heard about this place before but never got round to trying it. Now I NEED to check it out!!

• beverly posted on January 3, 2007 at 2:29 am

You GOTTA! Best is the Salt & Pepper pork ribs…. and definitely the Peanut toast :)~~~~

• pandora76 posted on January 2, 2007 at 1:05 pm

By the way, what’s si-mud tea?

• vixette7 posted on January 2, 2007 at 2:46 pm

stocking tea.
      sieved using ladies stockings. hopefully clean ones!

• pandora76 posted on January 2, 2007 at 3:20 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!! I didn’t know!!!

• vixette7 posted on January 2, 2007 at 4:35 pm

i’m kidding!!
          the filter they use to brew the tea in resembles a ladies stocking.
          hence the name.

🙂

gotcha!

• beverly posted on January 3, 2007 at 2:30 am

Ack you freaked me out too! 😉 So is it diff from normal “teh” in SG??

• silver_crv posted on January 2, 2007 at 2:11 pm

I was there 2 nights ago….great foods!! The peanut butter toast is solid..ahhaha

• beverly posted on January 3, 2007 at 2:33 am

I had to eat 90% of the toast cos no one would share with me! Had a sore throat afterwards 😉

• silver_crv posted on January 3, 2007 at 9:32 am

;P
        throat got toasted…

• starbucksweetie posted on January 2, 2007 at 3:09 pm

Yum, I love the peanut butter toast especially!

• beverly posted on January 3, 2007 at 2:36 am

They should have it in Western countries, I bet itll be a hit!

• khemany posted on January 2, 2007 at 8:52 am

• beverly posted on January 3, 2007 at 2:28 am

• khemany posted on January 3, 2007 at 5:50 am

• pandora76 posted on January 2, 2007 at 9:08 am

• beverly posted on January 3, 2007 at 2:29 am

• pandora76 posted on January 2, 2007 at 1:05 pm

By the way, what’s si-mud tea?

• vixette7 posted on January 2, 2007 at 2:46 pm

stocking tea.
      sieved using ladies stockings. hopefully clean ones!

• pandora76 posted on January 2, 2007 at 3:20 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!! I didn’t know!!!

• vixette7 posted on January 2, 2007 at 4:35 pm

i’m kidding!!
          the filter they use to brew the tea in resembles a ladies stocking.
          hence the name.

🙂

gotcha!

• beverly posted on January 3, 2007 at 2:30 am

Ack you freaked me out too! 😉 So is it diff from normal “teh” in SG??

• joni_to0622 posted on January 2, 2007 at 9:16 pm

Hi Beverly,

do you know if the sushi restaurant at the corner of the liverpool street called “Makoto city”? I used to go there VERY OFTEN but all I remember about the name of the restaurant was one chinese word. My bf’s sister is travelling to sydney for 6 months next week and I am writing her some nice restaurants in sydney 😛

here is the website of the sushi restaurant, it looks kinda like the one i went to but just want to be sure! 😛 if you know… thanks!

• silver_crv posted on January 2, 2007 at 2:11 pm

• beverly posted on January 3, 2007 at 2:33 am

• silver_crv posted on January 3, 2007 at 9:32 am

;P
        throat got toasted…

• starbucksweetie posted on January 2, 2007 at 3:09 pm

Yum, I love the peanut butter toast especially!

• beverly posted on January 3, 2007 at 2:36 am

They should have it in Western countries, I bet itll be a hit!

• joni_to0622 posted on January 2, 2007 at 9:16 pm

Hi Beverly,

• blairwitch posted on January 3, 2007 at 2:02 pm

Wow! Your two cousins look like twins! Are they twins?

• beverly posted on January 3, 2007 at 9:04 pm

Heh no, one’s 3 yrs older! 🙂

• popcorn_feet posted on January 3, 2007 at 5:49 pm

This all looks so yummy but I have to admit I couldnt have done that frog – especially after the whole snipping off the head thing. omg.

how are the eyes after the lasik????

• beverly posted on January 3, 2007 at 9:05 pm

Yeah I was surprised I ate it.. I’m normally a chicken when it comes to eating weird stuff!

The eyes are just perfect, love it 😀

• blairwitch posted on January 3, 2007 at 2:02 pm

Wow! Your two cousins look like twins! Are they twins?

• beverly posted on January 3, 2007 at 9:04 pm

Heh no, one’s 3 yrs older! 🙂

• popcorn_feet posted on January 3, 2007 at 5:49 pm

how are the eyes after the lasik????

• beverly posted on January 3, 2007 at 9:05 pm