FOOD, Living in... Singapore, Uncategorized LEE KUI (AH HOI) CRAB RESTAURANT 29 December 2006

Lee Kui (Ah Hoi) Restaurant
Mosque Street
Singapore
$$$–

A family friend took us out for dinner, so 9 of us went to Lee Kui (Ah Hoi) Restaurant. Okay, according to my cousin who was also there, “Lee Kui” is the owner’s name, and “Ah Hoi” means “crab” or something. Anyway, it’s a Teochew restaurant and I’m Teochew, so I was eager to check out the food. It was blimmin’ PACKED in there! Eating what else but crab 😉

Lee Kui (Ah Hoi) Restaurant

Cold Crab

The crab was really tough to eat, wish they de-shelled them 😉

Deep Fried appetiser – a heart attack in the making

Braised Goose – this was so lovely and tender!

Sambal KangKong – insanely spicy, but yum

Oyster Omelette – my favourite. Juicy little morsels of oysters atop fluffy egg

Intestines – ummm.. way weird. Did not have any of this.

Seafood Noodles – this was SUPER good! So tasty :)~

Or Nee (yam paste) – typical Teochew dessert. Yum

Or Nee served into little bowls

Me and my cousin

• jarmboo posted on December 29, 2006 at 2:12 am

the crab and the goose looks yummmmmmmm!

im so hungry now, and i just had to click on LJ Friends and see your post! boo ;(

• beverly posted on December 29, 2006 at 7:15 am

I LOVED the goose.. I rarely eat goose meat and this was so soft :)~

• jarmboo posted on December 29, 2006 at 7:18 am

im craving for crab nowwwww! the other day my bf’s mom cooked crab and i just sat there eating and slurping crab for a long long time. hahaaa!

• starbucksweetie posted on December 29, 2006 at 3:32 am

Wow, all the food seems so exotic, especially the oyster omelette and the intestines. Love your sunglasses.

• beverly posted on December 29, 2006 at 7:16 am

The oyster omelette seems exotic but the ingredients are really standard – just oyster and egg, haha! It’s so tasty though

• susyspeed posted on December 29, 2006 at 3:58 am

i wonder if i get my cold crab from the same place that you do?
    it’s so good mmm. that’s the only time i’ll eat that weird yellow/orange pasty stuff.

• beverly posted on December 29, 2006 at 7:17 am

Heh i’m the opposite, I picked all of that yellow stuff, much to my cousin’s dismay! Way too weird for me

• mimo_zza posted on December 29, 2006 at 7:26 am

The main weakness of my life is – Asian food, mostly seafood.
    When I am looking at this dishes – tears appearing in my eyes 🙂 Hope to visit China & Thailand this year again.

• beverly posted on December 29, 2006 at 3:12 pm

I love Asian food in Singapore.. and ooh, authentic Thai food in Thailand is so spectacular!

• jarmboo posted on December 29, 2006 at 2:12 am

the crab and the goose looks yummmmmmmm!

• beverly posted on December 29, 2006 at 7:15 am

I LOVED the goose.. I rarely eat goose meat and this was so soft :)~

• jarmboo posted on December 29, 2006 at 7:18 am

• starbucksweetie posted on December 29, 2006 at 3:32 am

• beverly posted on December 29, 2006 at 7:16 am

• susyspeed posted on December 29, 2006 at 3:58 am

i wonder if i get my cold crab from the same place that you do?

• beverly posted on December 29, 2006 at 7:17 am

• mimo_zza posted on December 29, 2006 at 7:26 am

The main weakness of my life is – Asian food, mostly seafood.

• beverly posted on December 29, 2006 at 3:12 pm

• medlabtech posted on January 1, 2007 at 7:14 pm

I’ve been going back to see all the friends posts I missed and I’m glad I did – you had a lot of amazing food posts!

• beverly posted on January 2, 2007 at 1:44 am

I went a bit nuts with my photo-taking and there are still more to come, d’oh!

• medlabtech posted on January 1, 2007 at 7:14 pm

• beverly posted on January 2, 2007 at 1:44 am

I went a bit nuts with my photo-taking and there are still more to come, d’oh!