FASHION, FOOD, Living in... Singapore, Uncategorized HOLLAND DRIVE & HAN’S RESTAURANT, SINGAPORE 20 August 2006

Holland Drive Hawker Centre
Singapore
$—-

Had a quick breakfast at Holland Drive today. The, erm, ambience was quite bad as it was really hot and humid.. and they had these mega fans that blew directly at us – in our case, blowing from behind so I got mouthfuls of my hair whenever I tried to take a bite of my food. D’oh! Great, cheap food though.. and just fine for a quick meal.

Holland Drive

My set meal (Ice coffee, soft-boiled eggs, kaya bread) (SG$2.00)

Stole some of my uncle’s cheese & egg bun – it was yum!

Delicious peanut pancake

Han’s Restaurant
Anson Road
Singapore
$$—

I don’t know who Han is, but Han’s Restaurant has been around since before I was born.. it’s one of those places that’s more civilised than a hawker centre, but more casual than a restaurant. It’s air-conditioned too, always a winner in Singapore’s sweltering heat! Dad and I escaped for some cool air there whilst Mum got her hair done today. Had some quick grub to fill our tummies while we were at it.. my Kopi Ping (iced coffee) was a bit bizzare IMHO, just had a strange taste.. but dad thought it was just fine. The French Baguette with butter and kaya spread was a total winner though! The baguette slices were toasted crisp and light, and the spreads were all creamy and just-right. Yum :)~ Ended up also getting some Beef Hor Fun as we decided we weren’t full yet. It was nice, but not spectacular. Just a nice, dependable place to get some tasty grub in your belly, but nothing totally stand-out about it.

Han’s Restaurant

French Baguette with butter and kaya spread (SG$2.50)

Beef Hor Fun (SG$5.50)

Also did a spot of (speed) shopping during the day…

Bought this SG$17 top at one of the market stalls!

Itti & Otto shoes.. to match my Balenciaga teal-coloured bag 😀

• ffrostte posted on August 19, 2006 at 5:31 pm

I love kaya bread!!!!!! yum yum!!

• beverly posted on August 20, 2006 at 1:25 am

me too, I THINK it’s availble in AU but don’t know how authentic/good it is.. :X

• starbucksweetie posted on August 19, 2006 at 6:30 pm

I love filling breakfasts and your shoes are ultra cute. I picture an all brown outfit with the shoes and your bag being the focus.

• beverly posted on August 20, 2006 at 1:26 am

Mmm good idea! Or a brown outfit with a bit of teal detail as well.. now I gotta look for more brown clothes 😉

• etherealprey posted on August 19, 2006 at 6:31 pm

Hmmm bread good….who’s taking care of your ferrets btw…i’m sure they want to be in singapore too eating all that yummy food hee hee….

• beverly posted on August 20, 2006 at 1:27 am

Chris is! I miss ’em…
      SG’s too HOT HOT HOT for them and their furcoats though 😛

• joni_to0622 posted on August 19, 2006 at 6:58 pm

I would really want to try the peanut pancake, i never tried it before, i bet it tastes good!! 😀 anything with peanut I will go for it! 😀

• beverly posted on August 20, 2006 at 1:27 am

It’s called “ming jiang kueh” in singapore.. SO YUM!

• inthestill posted on August 19, 2006 at 7:09 pm

The shoes are too cute! I have to ask… Itti/Otto as in the Philippine brand?! :O I had no idea that they’d gone international (at least, regional)! It used to be two separate brands owned by this family, the Samsons I believe. 🙂

• beverly posted on August 20, 2006 at 1:27 am

Mmmm maybe?? I think so, not sure 😛 Their shoes are ALL SO GORGEOUS!!!

• misawong posted on August 19, 2006 at 9:07 pm

I love love love those shoes!

• beverly posted on August 20, 2006 at 1:28 am

Me too! *skips*
      My first pair of teal-coloured shoes.. I can see myself wearing it constantly to match my bag, hee!

• ffrostte posted on August 19, 2006 at 5:31 pm

I love kaya bread!!!!!! yum yum!!

• beverly posted on August 20, 2006 at 1:25 am

• starbucksweetie posted on August 19, 2006 at 6:30 pm

• beverly posted on August 20, 2006 at 1:26 am

• etherealprey posted on August 19, 2006 at 6:31 pm

• beverly posted on August 20, 2006 at 1:27 am

Chris is! I miss ’em…
      SG’s too HOT HOT HOT for them and their furcoats though 😛

• joni_to0622 posted on August 19, 2006 at 6:58 pm

• beverly posted on August 20, 2006 at 1:27 am

It’s called “ming jiang kueh” in singapore.. SO YUM!

• inthestill posted on August 19, 2006 at 7:09 pm

• beverly posted on August 20, 2006 at 1:27 am

Mmmm maybe?? I think so, not sure 😛 Their shoes are ALL SO GORGEOUS!!!

• misawong posted on August 19, 2006 at 9:07 pm

I love love love those shoes!

• beverly posted on August 20, 2006 at 1:28 am

Me too! *skips*

• esthered posted on August 20, 2006 at 7:05 pm

The Beef Hor Fun looks amazing!! I miss that. 😀 Must go eat that soon.

• beverly posted on August 21, 2006 at 12:34 pm

Cheap too! 😛

• esthered posted on August 20, 2006 at 7:05 pm

The Beef Hor Fun looks amazing!! I miss that. 😀 Must go eat that soon.

• beverly posted on August 21, 2006 at 12:34 pm

Cheap too! 😛

• popcorn_feet posted on August 26, 2006 at 3:05 am

The food looks yummy but i ADORE those shoes!!!!

• beverly posted on August 26, 2006 at 10:42 am

I really like ’em too! 😛 Been wearing them almost every day ‘cos they match my teal bag…. hehe

• popcorn_feet posted on August 26, 2006 at 3:05 am

The food looks yummy but i ADORE those shoes!!!!

• beverly posted on August 26, 2006 at 10:42 am