Beauty, Shopping SHOPPING AT SEPHORA 16 November 2013

Man I’m such a sucker for this little store called Sephora.

Pretty sure they perfume the air with some hallucinogenic drug. Or perhaps one that makes you lose all sense of self-control. I always end up buying something once I step in! For this reason, I rarely go into Sephora shops…

But, erm, I did recently……. and ended up with this stuff:

• Benefit Hydra-smooth lip colour – I don’t use lipsticks because they really dry out my lips and/or make my lips feel they have a coating, so I end up pressing my lips together constantly. I’m impressed with this Benefit one because it’s SO moisturizing. I wouldn’t classify it as a lipstick, but more of a lipbalm. I love how the colour is a very soft rose, so it’s not too obvious on my lips.
  • ALTERNA Caviar CC Cream for Hair 10-in-1ย – not too fussed with “10-in-1” claims… soon we’ll get companies claiming “30592049204-in-1”!! Regardless, I love this leave-in conditioner. It smells absolutely divine and is an excellent detangler after washing hair. My hair smells so lovely, and feels really soft afterwards. I use it on damp hair, but also on dry hair.

• Estee Lauderย Stay-in-Place High Cover Concealer SPF 35 – I specifically got this because of excellent reviews online. The compact size sold me, because it’s great for travel or popping into a handbag. Bonus points for having a mirror! It blends very easily (I use either a fingertip, or a concealer brush) and I set it with translucent powder. Great coverage.

photo 1

• Percy & Reed Colour and Shine Conditioner – I go for the heaviest and richest conditioner, because I’m blessed with super frizzy and dry hair (yay). I got a sample made up for me, which they put in the most ridiculously tiny pot. However, that was actually enough to go through my long hair, and let’s just say I headed out to buy the full-size tube the very next day. It makes my hair feel really silk and soft!

photo 2

• Givenchy Phenomen’eyes mascara – gimmicky name aside, this mascara brush is the future of brushes. Why aren’t all mascara brushes like this?! It gets every single little lash, and is easy to control. The formula really does lengthen (the photo above shows my lashes with the mascara, without curling, etc). But I wish it was those ‘tube’ mascara formulas that wash off with water, because I need to use eye makeup remover with this and it’s an extra step in my routine.

• Ella’s Botanical Bottoms Up! And Bubblemania – This isn’t sold at Sephora (but are sold online at betterbeauty.sg), and are targeted for kids but work for adults too. I use the Bottoms Up! balm as a cuticle balm and heel balm, as well as a lipbalm. And the Bubblemania works well as a showergel, or for your own bubble bath! You can read more about it here.

• Anne posted on November 16, 2013 at 11:52 pm

The lipstick looks so natural on you! What a perfect match. What shade is it, btw?

• Beverly! posted on November 17, 2013 at 7:42 pm

It’s “juicy delights” ๐Ÿ™‚

• Shau-Ru Lin Chao on Facebook posted on November 17, 2013 at 9:10 am

I just bought that conditioner too on the recommendation of another girlfriend but haven’t had a chance to use it yet – glad you’re liking it!

• Beverly! posted on November 17, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Oo itll work well for you, cos you have long and thick hair too!

• Jane posted on November 22, 2013 at 11:48 am

Hi, I would like to find out from you how much did you pay for the leave in conditioner?

Thanks in advance!

Jane

• Beverly! posted on November 24, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Ack I can’t remember I’m sorry, probably best to check at a Sephora store. I’m guessing 20-ish??

• Jane posted on November 24, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Ok. Thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚

• victoria posted on November 23, 2013 at 12:44 am

hi! what powder do you use for undereye after concealer?

• Beverly! posted on November 24, 2013 at 12:12 pm

I use Mineral Veil from Bare Essentuals.. love it!

• karen posted on November 29, 2013 at 3:48 pm

hi bev, just a slient reading on ur blog .. isthe doublewear concealer working well for u ? cause was planning on purchasing :)) TIA

• Beverly! posted on November 30, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Yup, I’m using it daily! I think this is really good for travel, cos the tubes can leak. I like how this is a compact version ๐Ÿ™‚

• Lily Heryati posted on January 6, 2014 at 11:30 am

Dear Bev,

I managed to get the EL concealer frm a fren who went to LA recently but it was a wrong shade. Tried to get it from Sephora Bugis but it’s not available there. Apprec if you cld adv pls which Sephora store you purchased fr? Tku ๐Ÿ™‚

• Beverly! posted on January 6, 2014 at 9:40 pm