Chanel, FASHION CHANEL LEATHER SANDALS 14 August 2012

I used to live in heels, because I really needed the extra height 😉 It all became a distant memory when Hunter rocked up… and even more of an impossibility now that we have 2 kids. I spend most days in flats now – predominantly ballet flats and sandals.

The issue with wearing flats is that they then make you look super casual. So if I go to the city in just a tee and shorts and my flats… well.. I reckon I look like the nanny or the maid 😉 For that reason, I tend to go for pretty flats, so at least they make me feel vaguely more dressed up.

I particularly adore my new Chanel leather sandals because they’re uber comfortable, have cute hardware detailing, and they’re made of soft leather and black (ie. I think it makes them seem ‘nicer’ for the city than wearing rubber flip flops). They’re easy to slip on, and a great daily sandal to wear 🙂

Chanel leather sandals

They still hug my flat/skinny feet, yay!

Mr Shoe Connoisseur spotted my new shoes and insisted I take them off…

…then proceeded to merrily parade around in them

Hello my pretties!

Korean fabric sandals I bought the other day. They’re cute and gaudy, all at the same time 😉

Another pair of flats I bought (from PrettyFit, a local brand). I got the ballerina-pink one.. the crystals are gorgeous and so sparkly!!

Me and my precious littlest one at home

• Erica posted on August 14, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Remember Hunter trying to walk in my camellia thongs at the hospital last week? Lol!

• Beverly! posted on August 15, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Haha OH YEAH! Man my son is developing a taste of expensive shoes… eek..

• Christine Knight Thomas on Facebook posted on August 14, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Great shoes!

• Beverly! posted on August 15, 2012 at 1:10 pm

They’re perfect for SG’s weather too!

• Shree posted on August 14, 2012 at 10:27 pm

OO I like the “gaudy” ones! Brightens up your day I’m sure 😉 Carter looks so peaceful in that picture. Hope he’s able to feed better now 🙂

• Beverly! posted on August 15, 2012 at 1:13 pm

yeah I thought they were cute! Plus, comfy too:)

• Iris posted on August 14, 2012 at 10:36 pm

I love flats too, esp. ballet flats! I wear them for weekend shopping with family! You can try Pazzion next time, a local brand and like Pretty Fit, they have nice flats besides heels too.

• Beverly! posted on August 15, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Yeah a few people have mentioned Pazzion to me too! I haven’t really checked out their store much.. will have to next time I spot em 🙂

• jasmine posted on August 15, 2012 at 3:53 am

Love your chanel flats. Was it a push present

• Beverly! posted on August 15, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Nah cos I have my eye on something else as a push present.. hehe

• ginnie posted on August 16, 2012 at 6:20 pm

May I know how much is the sandal?

• ginnie posted on August 17, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Geez thank you bev

• Rosaline posted on August 16, 2012 at 12:10 am

Hi Beverly,
    Chanced upon ur blog and I must say I enjoyed reading them!!!
    Both ur kids are so adorable!!! My EDD 23rd Sep and the information you’ve shared (like the Tribe diaper bag) blog was super useful! Dun stop blogging cos u rocks!
    And as for shoes, I am loving Melissa’s! Can try that too :p
    Take care 🙂

• Beverly! posted on August 17, 2012 at 10:29 am

Thank you Rosaline and CONGRATS to you too!!

I’ve seen Melissa shoes and they’re sooo cute, but the prices are so inflated in Singapore 🙁

• Cheryl posted on August 16, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Hi Beverly,
    Your Korean fabric sandals are really pretty and it caught my attention, may I know which brand is it and where can I get it? Thanks a lot! 🙂

• Beverly! posted on August 16, 2012 at 5:40 pm

It’s “japan mode” but I can’t seem to find any info on it online, so I think it’s more of an obscure brand? I got it from a shop at Far East Plaza in Singapore!

• Cheryl posted on August 16, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Thank You Beverly! 🙂

• Daisy posted on August 17, 2012 at 10:00 am

Sorry this is totally unrelated to your post. A s far as I can gather from your blog but I may be wrong, Hunter sleeps on his own in his room. Do you mind sharing how you sleep train him? Thank you

• Beverly! posted on August 17, 2012 at 10:47 am

Hunter really likes to sleep so he sort of sleep trained himself.. but we did follow a very strict bedtime routine (dinner at 6pm, then a bit of playtime, potty, bathtime, bedtime story, bed) from very very very early on, when he was just a few months old. So now once the routine begins, he’s already ready for sleep and goes “bed” after awhile!

So I’d def recommend doing a bedtime routine with lots of quiet time at the end.. I do think babies really benefit from it 🙂

• Daisy posted on August 17, 2012 at 1:20 pm

Thanks Beverly. Did Hunter sleep in the same room withh you to begin with? If so, how did you manage to get him to sleep in his own room? Now my problem is can’t get my son to sleep on his own. 🙁

• Beverly! posted on August 17, 2012 at 3:13 pm

He did, in a cot in our room. We basically went cold turkey and just pushed his cot into his own room! I think that was at around 8 months old or so.. He didn’t realise the difference or didn’t care much, I think.

But whenever he was fussy and cried, we did the a bit of cry-it-out (let him cry for 1 min, go in to pat and settle, then let cry for 2 mins, pat, cry 5 mins, pat, cry 10 min15s, pat, cry 15 mins, pat).