Australia, HOLIDAYS, Living in... Australia OH, SYDNEY, HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU! 23 May 2012

It’s been about 3 years (!) since we moved away from Sydney, and I’ve missed it so much it really hurts sometimes. My heart aches for the gorgeous weather, the bright skies, the lovely people, and just life in general.

It made my heart ache during the time that we were there.. and I was really close to just wanting to move back immediately. But we live in Singapore for now for practical and logistical reasons.. though in a couple of years we will move back to Sydney to settle down, and that’s where we’ll buy a house and enjoy life 🙂

But for now, I was happy to be able to capture these lovely photos of GREAT weather, happy people, and us having fun in good ol Sydney..

Shadows of our little family, overlooking picture-perfect Bondi Beach

Hunter doesn't like 'dirt' on his hands/feet, and sand is in that ballpark too!

Happier snuggled on Dad's shoulder and going for a walk

The boys did a day trip to the aquarium (whilst I spent the day shopping at Paddington with my girl friend, hehe)

Bronte Beach.. so so so beautiful

Hands up if you wanna live in Sydney!

Me and Mr Cheekpants, chilling out on the grass

We had Hurricanes whilst sitting by the beach. Their rack of ribs? Incredible.

A group shot of all of us. I LOVE THIS PHOTO 🙂

• Sharon Muljadi on Facebook posted on May 23, 2012 at 9:03 pm

I miss Sydney too 🙁

• Beverly! posted on May 24, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Unfortunately the flight is just WAY too $$ for us to go frequently 🙁

• Christine Knight Thomas on Facebook posted on May 23, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Me too! I love New York but I also miss Sydney a lot. Especially in summer.

• Beverly! posted on May 24, 2012 at 8:54 pm

Yeah SG is wonderful for many reasons too, but I just miss Sydney dreadfully 🙁

• Amanda A. posted on May 23, 2012 at 9:56 pm

I’m thinking of moving to Australia in 2013 and you’re making it sound very tempting! I’ll be in Sydney for Christmas.

Adorable family photo. 🙂

• Beverly! posted on May 24, 2012 at 8:54 pm

OMG Amanda you so should.. you’ll love it there for sure! And AU has very cute guys, heheheh

• Mag posted on May 23, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Super like your dress! And the photo of Hunter with his hands up is hilarious!

• Beverly! posted on May 24, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Got it in Barcelona! 🙂

• Marie posted on May 24, 2012 at 8:56 am

My heart belongs to Sydney too, I love it. My husband’s heart belongs to Melbourne and I know that one day we’ll need to decide where we want to live. As much as I love the food etc here, I don’t think I want my kids growing up in Singapore.

Looking at your Aussie photos makes my heart ache, in a good way.

• Beverly! posted on May 24, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Yeah.. SG is a really frightful place for kids to grow up (and school) in, sadly 🙁

Melb is fab too – great cafes! – but Sydney is still for me 🙂

• Jessie posted on May 24, 2012 at 11:51 am

That’s a beautiful family photo at the end of your post. Lovely background 🙂

• Beverly! posted on May 24, 2012 at 8:58 pm

It looks a bit fake doesn’t it?! I just love the turquoise colour of the water 🙂

• Celia posted on May 24, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Yes, Sydney is beautiful. I feel so lucky to be able to live in this city!

If I’m still here when you move back in a couple of years, we should hang out!!! 😀

• Beverly! posted on May 24, 2012 at 8:59 pm

You definitely are! And hehe yeah that’d be fun 🙂

• Stefanie posted on May 24, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Hi Beverly, great to hear you had a good time and had some nice weather whilst you were here. My brother and sister-in-law live in Singapore and were in Sydney last week for a quick visit. My brother commented that after being in Singapore for almost 10 years that he is just not use to the cooler weather anymore, it’s going to be hard to convince him to move back here! You are blessed to have such a lovely little family, Hunter is cuter by the day. I love the way that you have the scarves wrapped around the handles of your bag, looks so pretty.

• Beverly! posted on May 24, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Haha I find Singapore’s humidity just awful! Chris likes it though, but it’s really not for me.

And thank you for your sweet words 🙂

• Naomi posted on May 24, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Met your parents and Hunter today at FFT! Gorgeous baby! 🙂 And your parents are really lovely people! It was so nice running into them and having a little chat!

• Beverly! posted on May 24, 2012 at 9:06 pm

They told me they met you! Hope you guys had a nice time at FFT 🙂

• Kelly posted on May 24, 2012 at 9:49 pm

your pictures made me miss my uni days in Aussie! I’ll be headed to Sydney this July, do you have any recommendations for places (shopping and eating, touristy stuff, etc hahaha) that I must must must check out? 🙂

• Beverly! posted on May 25, 2012 at 8:06 am

Aww lucky! It’ll be COLD though, eek. Def check out Paddington markets, they’re my fave 🙂