Food reviews - Singapore, Hunter, Playdates PLAYDATE @ FOOD FOR THOUGHT 20 February 2012

Seems that I’m at Food for Thought all the time now ๐Ÿ˜‰ The lovely food, the reasonable prices, the fantastic playground and the great location (right smack in the Botanic Gardens)… it’s all the perfect recipe when you have a kid. Hunter absolutely loves it there and starts going a little frantic once we step in.. because he knows the playground is behind the glass doors and he gets pretty desperate to get out there to stretch his legs and toddle around!

Service there is always so friendly and the food arrives promptly. Great when you have fidgety kids that can create quite a mess! Hunter loves scrambling around the chairs and tables.. they’re perfect holding-on height for him ๐Ÿ˜‰

Playing with his lil gal pal

Peekaboo!

My fish & chips (cryptically called Crispy Fish under the Local Food section of the menu?!) and red velvet cake

All 3 kids scrabbling around in the playground

With the owner of Food for Thought! We grew up together in Sunday School, haha..

Watching the world go by...

3 little kiddies on the stair! Hunter is so fair he's practically GLOWING here.. haha..

We took the kids to Jacob Ballasย garden, a lush garden that features a water fountain area that’s a hit with children. It’s a particularly great way to cool them off when it’s hot outside!

Except… our lil Hunter was decidedly unimpressedย with the water fountain! He looked on with suspicion as all the lil girls dashed in and out of the water, having a good time. And when I brought him near, he’d WHINNNNE like I was trying to torture him and barnacled onto my leg, refusing to let go.

So, I spent the entire time standing in the middle of the play area, with my son clinging onto me for dear life. I guess I wouldn’t exactly call that a success ๐Ÿ˜‰ ย Better luck next time!

Sitting just outside the Jacob Ballas garden, having some snacks

2 lil girls... SORRY! One's a boy. Hunter had to wear a girl's hat cos I forgot his (oops)

How he spent the entire time at the water fountain..

• C posted on February 20, 2012 at 11:19 pm

cute lil rug rats…limping onto the walls and sitting on the staors

• Beverly! posted on February 21, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Haha they ARE rug rats!

• Ruth posted on February 21, 2012 at 11:45 am

What a small world! You know David too ๐Ÿ™‚ I love Food for Thought too. I head there fairly frequently too, hope to bump into you and Hunter the next time!
    would be so lovely to meet you both ๐Ÿ™‚

• Beverly! posted on February 21, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Yes, the Botanic Gardens one! Perfect for playdates ๐Ÿ™‚

• Ee Lin posted on February 21, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Hi Beverly,

On Mother’s Day in May bring Hunter, your better half & your parents to the Botanical Gardens for a picnic and enjoy the SSO concert(performing their 1st outdoor concert for 2012). It starts at 6pm but people go early. Best to be there at 5pm to get a nice shady place. Bring a good mat for sitting, cheese, wine and other goodies to eat for your picnic. The SSO concert performance is where the stage is donated by Shaw Foundation. Concert ends at 7pm.

cheers,
    Annette

• Beverly! posted on February 21, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Oh thank you for the tip! That sounds like a fabulous way to celebrate mothers day ๐Ÿ™‚

• Fifilalala posted on February 22, 2012 at 6:28 am

Hunter has beautiful skin. I hope you slather him in sunscreen.

• Beverly! posted on February 22, 2012 at 10:10 pm

Well, when he goes into the sun, we do! But that’s super rare.. he’s almost always in the shade/indoors

• jasmine posted on February 22, 2012 at 9:26 am

Your blog has awesome pics and I really enjoy reading it especially the food and vacation posts ๐Ÿ™‚ Hunter is a cutie! How do you like being a stay at home mom so far?

• Beverly! posted on February 22, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Hi Jasmine and thank you! Being a SAHM has pros and cons. But right now, the pros are huge because I get to see all his development first-hand, and give him all the attention he needs ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jessie posted on February 22, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Hunter looks so adorable and huggable….sounds like he’s a mama’s boy hehe

• Beverly! posted on February 22, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Heh, he sure becomes one when he gets nervous!