Christmas, Family IT’S CHRISTMAS :) 27 December 2011

We had a fairly chill Christmas this year, and celebrated exclusively with family instead. The exact opposite of last year, when we celebrated with friends in Shanghai, and no family!

Chris’ Dad, Mum and brother flew in to Singapore to celebrate Christmas, which was really nice because it meant Hunter’s first ChristmasΒ was with BOTH sets of grandparents! The spoiled little boy is simply soakingΒ up all the unlimited cuddles and attention he is getting πŸ˜‰

“Good morning. Is it Christmas yet?”

Kisses from Dad!

We hosted a simple but substantial Christmas Eve dinnerΒ at our place.. with a pork roulade, roast beef, roasted veggies and salad. That wasn’t what filled us up though… it was the DESSERT! πŸ˜› 3 beautiful, large desserts – all of them freakin’ fabulous. Our bellies were totally stuffed afterwards, especially with all the desserts, and we even had leftovers for the next day.

Christmas Eve dinner with the family πŸ™‚

Baileys log cake – luscious

Rustic apple pie, served with vanilla ice cream

Fresh cream fruit tart!

Hunter had one BASH of a Christmas! He received enough presents to fill a toy store πŸ˜‰ I don’t think he quite knew where to start.. and Hunter being Hunter, spent ages just sitting there inspecting each toy carefully, and turning it round and round in his hands. It meant that present-opening took foreverΒ and so he had to do it in stages. What a lucky and blessed little boy!

Hunter’s first Christmas… and the resulting presents

Stuff we got him from the USA (with my skincare/cosmetics on the left, heh)

Inspecting his Sophie the Giraffie toy block

And of course, he received a ton of his favourite ‘toy’… BOOKS!!

“Sup?”

I hope all of you had a wonderful and meaningful Christmas, celebrating with family and friends πŸ™‚

Can you believe THE YEAR IS ALMOST OVER?!??!!?

• Cindy posted on December 27, 2011 at 11:51 am

Wow!! Thats ALOT of toys!!! πŸ˜€

• Beverly! posted on December 27, 2011 at 6:17 pm

I know, haha! I’m keeping them out-of-sight for now and introducing them to him one by one…

• K posted on December 27, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Merry Christmas, Beverly! So special that you were able to share it with your close family this year. I remember the “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” book from when I was young. πŸ™‚

• Beverly! posted on December 27, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Merry Christmas to you too! And I thought the Caterpillar book was a super new thing? Or maybe it’s cos I never bothered about it until I had a baby myself πŸ˜›

• starbucksweetie posted on December 27, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Wow, Hunter is so lucky. I also love that you got him The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

• Beverly! posted on December 27, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I hear that book is so popular with kids, so I thought I’d try it on him too πŸ˜‰

• Rachel posted on December 27, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I love Eric Carl books πŸ™‚ must have for all kids

Blessed Christmas and have an awesome New Year Bev!!!

I know many have said this but You have got yourself a very good looking son πŸ™‚ Blessed!

• Beverly! posted on December 27, 2011 at 9:36 pm

I hope Hunter will like the book too.. it’s a little mature for him but perhaps in a few months we’ll try it out.
      And thank you! πŸ™‚

• olimomok posted on December 27, 2011 at 3:28 pm

H looks so much like you – and that’s a HUGE loot of presents! I can’t imagine the birthday loot πŸ˜‰

Merry Christmas and happy hols, babe!

• Beverly! posted on December 27, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Yay I’m always glad to hear he looks like me.. cos so many people say he’s Chris’ replica!!

Merry Christmas to you guys too πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

• Erica posted on December 27, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Awww the first pic is too cute. We need to do lunch before I fly off to Europe on the 4th!

• Beverly! posted on December 27, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Yes let’s! Tues?

• Erica posted on December 27, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Tuesday sounds good. I’ll see if Merrill wanna come along too. :p

• Sarah posted on December 27, 2011 at 5:32 pm

The first Christmas is always so special, and it looked like Hunter really had a wonderful one! Such a blessing indeed to have been able to celebrate it with all his grandparents :):) Have a blessed Christmas and a wonderful 2012 ahead!

• Beverly! posted on December 27, 2011 at 9:41 pm

So true.. I hope Enoch had a lovely time too with family πŸ™‚
      A very blessed Christmas to you and your family Sarah!

• Kachunknorge posted on December 27, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Looks like a very happy christmas for everyone, esp Hunter.
    Christmas with close-knit family is always extra special.

• Beverly! posted on December 28, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Very true!!

• zhing posted on December 28, 2011 at 12:24 pm

the first picture is soooooo picture perfect! did you get someone professional to take it? or was it the olympus pen!?

hunter is a lucky boy!!! πŸ™‚ so many pressies!!

• Beverly! posted on December 28, 2011 at 4:20 pm

It was Chris’ brother using his super DSLR! He’ll be very happy you said that πŸ˜‰

• zhing posted on December 29, 2011 at 2:35 pm

his pictures are amazing! πŸ™‚ i could tell at first glance!

send my love to the family! hunter must be excited with all the company..

• ashlyne posted on December 28, 2011 at 2:41 pm

wow u had such a great christmas! the dinner looked soooo good! ahhh i wish i can cook like that too.

• Beverly! posted on December 28, 2011 at 4:21 pm

A Christmas dinner at home is the best iMHO! πŸ™‚

• C posted on December 29, 2011 at 7:33 pm

hunter definitely has chris’s smile/cheeky grin.
    can framed and put on bedside table..

bittersweet and nostalgic to look at it daily..

• Beverly! posted on December 29, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Yeah, it’s a very lovely photo of him.. just waking up after his nap πŸ™‚