MY HERMES BIRKIN :)

I don’t even really know how to start off this entry.

“Hullo everyone, I got a birthday present from Chris”?

I guess that’s about as good a way to start as any πŸ˜› So yep, I got a birthday present! THE birthday present. The one and only bag that I’ve coveted for ages and considered the #1 bag to own.

It’s the Hermes birkin.

Specifically, the 30cm, orange, Swift leather, palladium hardware Hermes birkin.

This article makes an interesting read on why Hermes bags are so highly desired, with unmatched quality and workmanship. If you’ve held a Birkin in real life, and stroked and sniffed it, you’ll know what I mean πŸ˜› They’re pretty luscious!

Actually, I never was into Hermes when I was much younger. But as I *ahem*Β aged through the years, my fashion taste developed/matured and I grew to like Hermes til the point that I adored the Birkin. It has ZERO visible logos to others, so isn’t very in-your-face, and the feelΒ of the bag is simply divine.

The only Birkin colour I wanted was the Hermes orangeΒ one, because it’s the best colour IMHO – stunning and a great statement colour. The only leather I wanted it in was in Swift leather, famous for being supple and soft. Can’t stand the other leathers because they just make the bag blah to me. And the only size I wanted was the 30cm, which I personally reckon looks best on my frame.

And it was with GREAT DELIGHT that I uncovered my gift on my birthday, and it is by far my favourite bag. Bar none. None of my other bags even come close!

Anyway. Enough blathering on! Pics πŸ™‚

I think I *swooned* here πŸ˜›

Orange overload!

Hermes Birkin - orange Swift leather with palladium hardware, 35cm

What makes this particular Birkin special to me? Chris got a veryΒ special inscription done on the inside flap, monogrammed in silver. It’s our family name, and it feels special to have a little bit of personalisation, hidden and tucked away πŸ™‚

Obviously, the Hermes Birkin will be passed on to our (future) daughter and will ‘match’Β Chris’ Jaeger LeCoultre watch, which I gave him for HIS 30th birthday, which will be passed down to Hunter.

Ours πŸ™‚

I love the attention to detail and little things that makes Hermes special

My stuffed packed in

Subtle branding

The Birkin matches the Hermes clic clacΒ that Chris gave me for my ‘push present’. Wheeee! I actually have a pair of orange leather sandals (handmade by a little shoe store in Shanghai) that matches too, but might look a tad weird if I wear them all at the same time πŸ˜›

Exact same orange!

On me (excuse my odd outfit. Was in homeclothes!)

Casual style, worn with Hermes clic clac bangle

And, this is sooooooo gonna come back to haunt poor Hunter, but I did a photo opΒ with him + Birkin. Heh!! Well, he should count himself lucky that he didn’t fit IN the bag, or I’d have dumped him in for sure πŸ˜‰

My 2 favourite things. Which one do I love more? Errr.....!!!!

"A toy for me, mummy?"

Hermes Birkin. Tasty.

Thank you, my wonderful husband, for doting on me πŸ™‚Β

Let's Chat!

Rachel says:

HI, remember you have this beautiful birkin and thought of getting your opinion. How’s your swift leather holding up? Does it get scratches easily?

I am hesitating on getting a swift leather. I love how light and waterproof it is but just not sure how easily it will get scratches.

Appreciate your thoughts

Beverly! says:

The swift leather is still DIVINE!! It has no scratches and doesn’t hold scratches well imho because they rub off easily. I don’t super-baby mine or anything, and it still looks new πŸ˜‰

K says:

What a perfect birthday present. I knew it was a matter of time before you finally got the ultimate bag. πŸ˜‰ No freaking out on Hunter for chewing on the tasty Birkin? My favourite part is the detail with the monogram. So thoughtful and personalized and your own little secret. Can’t wait to see more pics of you out and about with your new accessory!

Beverly! says:

Hee well you were right πŸ˜›
I do love the personalization.. it makes me smile just thinking about it, and I love sneaking a peek at it when I’m carrying it πŸ˜›

Starz says:

Nice bag!! I love this bag in this colour too! Such a lovely colour! You have a great husband and you have great taste too!

Beverly! says:

Thanks sweetie! I agree, the Birkin in iconic orange is the best imho πŸ˜€

alicia says:

I’m totally ENVIOUS(: Chris is such a generous hubby! I love the lindy in orange but want my birkin to be black. One can only dream. lol. Baby steps. . .Will save for my bags as my husband already think I have enough. hehe. .

Beverly! says:

The Birkin in black would be a real classic πŸ™‚ And you can pass it down to your daughter too!

HELEN says:

no i mean .what SLRcamera did u use to take all these colorful pictures? Coz i m thinking about getting one and not sure which one to pick πŸ™‚

Beverly! says:

Errr…. it’s my iPhone πŸ˜›

Grace says:

Its beautiful! Looks great on you in that picture you styled with the jeans. Bet you’re going to stroke it for years to come.. Lol!

Beverly! says:

Thank you Grace! I do like the Birkin dressed-down, so it doesn’t look as.. ermmm… ostentatious πŸ˜›

And you know me too well.. in fact, stroking it on the couch right now, HAHAH!

Stefanie says:

Happy belated birthday πŸ™‚ when I saw your earlier post with the carry bag I was guessing it may be the Birkin, you are a lucky girl! Enjoy your bag πŸ™‚

Beverly! says:

Thanks Stefanie, and hehe.. you guessed right!!

littlemisskeira says:

Gorgeous 30th present!

Did Chris get it in the local boutique? I am asking because it seems rather hard to score one apparently. My friend said she had to buy a Lindy before the salesgirl would even show her the Birkin …

Beverly! says:

THanks hon! It wasn’t from a boutique in SG, but shipped from the USA πŸ™‚ I have seen Birkins here in SG boutiques too though..

Fifilalala says:

Wow! That’s a very impressive present from a very generous husband. Beautiful.

Beverly! says:

We don’t often celebrate occasions with actual gifts, so this will last me happily for a long time, hee!

Michelle says:

What a FABULOUS 30th Birthday pressie!!! Gorgeous color! The personalization under the flap is such a nice touch. Enjoy your Orange! πŸ™‚

Beverly! says:

Hee thanks Michelle, it is nothing against your spectacular Hermes collection but I do particularly love this special bag πŸ™‚

Now I regret not asking Celine to engrave mine too πŸ™ Oh well, when I see her in France maybe πŸ™‚ glad you adore it…it’s absolutely yummy, I agree with Hunter πŸ™‚

Beverly! says:

Ohh you should do that! And yes, I absolutely love it, and am pretty convinced it is the first and last Birkin I want πŸ™‚

oh my gawd…. you lucky birthday gal! you’ve had like the ultimate blast for your 30th. *smiles*

Beverly! says:

It was definitely memorable.. I’m glad we did what we did πŸ™‚

your matching birthday gift is on its way!!!

Beverly! says:

Aww you are super nice TL! Will keep an eye out for it πŸ™‚

LUCKY!!! I’d been waiting to see what was in that orange bag since you first blogged about it πŸ˜›

Teehee! Btw I’ll be in Seattle in Dec…. πŸ˜€

Aww you’re so lucky! Beautiful bag!!

Thanks Stephanie! I’m loving the colour πŸ™‚

You are such a lucky girl!

Beverly! says:

Hee thanks Phyllis.. I’m feeling quite spoiled!

One is never enough. Look at Jamie Chua’s collection. More than a hunderd Birkins and Kellys. Majority of them in crocodile leather.

Beverly! says:

I don’t like croc leather, as I only go for the slouchy leathers. I’m not keen on more, cos this orange swift was specifically the only Birkin I was keen on

samantha says:

I knew it! When i saw your previous entry! Orange is such a beautiful colour, and swift leather seems like the perfect choice on a Birkin! Congrates gal!

Heheh I did think of you cos I know you like Hermes too! πŸ˜€

Sherri says:

Sweet of Chris to get you one!!! πŸ˜‰ I had one but passed it to my mum. Wayyy too heavy for me!

I never knew you had one Sherri!! What colour? πŸ˜€

Sherri says:

It’s brown but harder leather-you know me lol! Just looked at it again and may take it back with me :p only thing is the lock’s missing now, although truth be told, i walked around with it half open when i actively carried it. Getting to your phone’s hard when it’s locked up or even properly strapped in! Oh met a gf using a vermilion colored one today. Can’t wait to see your orange one!