Hunter HABA WOODEN TOYS FROM GERMANY 11 October 2011

If you’re into brightly coloured, safe-for-babies, fun toys.. you’re gonna love HABA. They’re a German brand with locally made products, and offer simple yet highly engaging toys for babies.

And, perhaps, also for adults πŸ˜‰ Because it was me that first spotted them and they immediately attracted my attention. I’m really into wooden toys, because I find them so old skoolΒ and cute. HABA toys are so brightly coloured that they’re attractive to both adults and children πŸ˜›

I ran around the store, and wanted to buy…. everything. Their products range from Birth to Toddlers, so the selection is pretty big and I liked it all! After much deliberation, I finally settled on the ones below..

Wooden toys FTW

Hunter likes the all, which is pretty cool considering he sometimes just ignores toys or plays with them for 5 minutes then chucks it away. His favourite is, by far, the interlocked wooden triangles. I’m not sure if it’s the size or shape or colour.. but Hunter simply loves gripping it and playing with it and chewing on it. Repeatedly. That’s the clincher, because often he’ll be interested in a toy for a couple of days, then get sick of it. It’s also easily washed and dries quickly. Awesome πŸ™‚

HABA triangle

The other one I really like is his wooden watch. I don’t think this is the HABA brand actually, but I can’t quite remember as I ripped it out of the packaging so quickly. It’s an expandable wooden watch that is just so freakin’ adorableΒ on his wrist πŸ˜›

The stretchy band fits easily on his wrist, and thankfully he doesn’t keep pulling it off or biting it all the time. He’s basically fine with it about 90% of the time, and during the 10% he’ll start licking/chewing at it. We’re still careful anyhow and he only has it on when under supervision.

If you guys haven’t already noticed, I’m a huge proponent for chucking heaps of stuff on a baby. We ‘brush’ his teeth every night before bed, comb his hair twice a day, put hats, socks, watches, eyemasks, etc etc on him. We do it because many friends have told us that they didn’t start doing these things from the start, so when they decided to, their child would RIP the stuff off! I’m not sure if us doing all this from Day 1 will help in the future… but I guess we’ll see πŸ˜›

Chris' Jaeger-LeCoultre watch vs Hunter's lil wooden watch πŸ˜›

Isn't his onesie the cutest? "Snuggle-saurus". LOL!

"Like my watch, guys?"

High amused with a rattle…

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5zxpBQfrP8

• Cindy posted on October 11, 2011 at 11:09 pm

I don’t know who is more amusing, Hunter or Chris. LOL!

• Beverly! posted on October 12, 2011 at 9:42 am

Hahhahaah SO TRUE πŸ˜‰

• Sue posted on October 11, 2011 at 11:29 pm

thanks Bev. This is a great video. Does Chris laugh like that when u shake a rattle at him? Xxoo

• Beverly! posted on October 12, 2011 at 9:42 am

LOL he does get his manic laugh from Chris, I think πŸ˜‰

• Joni posted on October 12, 2011 at 12:29 am

It’s so cute when babies laugh! πŸ™‚

• Beverly! posted on October 12, 2011 at 9:39 am

Yes! That unadulterated innocent laughter is music to my ears πŸ™‚

• Michelle posted on October 12, 2011 at 3:57 am

Haba’s wooden clown blocks are awesome too!

Check these out too – they are really cool!

I like the Sunrise set and stacking fishes!

• Beverly! posted on October 12, 2011 at 9:06 am

I’m eyeing the wooden blocks too! Wish HABA was cheaper in Singapore though.. grrrr.

The other ones look really good too, and quality too. Thanks for the rec Michelle!

• Lisa Dee posted on October 12, 2011 at 7:31 am

Whoa! Get a load of Hunter’s eyelashes!! ;p

• Beverly! posted on October 12, 2011 at 8:56 am

He’s so lucky with those fluttery lashes.. I just hope that if we have a girl next, she has long lashes too!

• Lilian posted on October 13, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Hi Beverly,

I chanced upon your blog a few weeks ago and had added it into my favorites since…Nice blog πŸ™‚

Your Hunter is so cute. I really love his eyes and long lashes! Definitely a charmer when he grows up!

I am a FTWM & is currently on maternity leave. I have 2 boys (2.5 yrs old & 3 mths). Life has been quite a handful with 2 kids now as we do not have a live-in helper. Shopping has also became a luxury now. I hardly bring my baby out myself as he is quite difficult to handle (so different fr my elder son when he was a baby). So I really love your posts on shopping stuff πŸ™‚

Do u mind if I ask u a few things?

Where did u get the Haba toys and the wooden watch?

U went to the baby friendly gym with Hunter. But how do u shower after your workout? U just leave him in the stroller somewhere?

How do u breastfeed Hunter when u are out with him? Dun look like u are in nursing wear in your pics ;p Wanna ask if u also have any recommendations on nursing wear? I used to get them from Thyme 2 yrs ago but they are no longer available in Singapore.

Sorry for this long post.

• Beverly! posted on October 13, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Hi Lilian and thank you for dropping by. CONGRATS on the birth of your 2nd son! I’m impressed you have 2 kids and no helper.. super mum πŸ™‚

The HABA stuff I got at Tanglin Mall (The Better Toy Store, B1). They have a huge selection of different brands too and so much fun to check out – I highly recommend it!

Selective Fitness gym has really nice shower facilities and yes, I leave Hunter in the stroller – he’s usually asleep then, or the instructor Chris is really nice and can keep an eye on him, teehee.

I breastfeed Hunter anywhere, lol! I tend to wear strappy tops so I can pull a strap down, but check out Mothers en Vogue (http://www.mothersenvogue.com) – they do my FAVOURITE nursing/maternity clothes and the material is just divine!!!

• Stefanie posted on October 13, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Hi Beverly, have you heard of Brio toys? We don’t have kids but my nephew loved them when he was younger http://www.brio.net/en/ToPlay.aspx they are from Sweden and they do really nice wooden toys, I think us adults loved them as much as he did!

• Beverly! posted on October 14, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Yeah they’re sold here too! Their stuff is pretty cute as well πŸ˜€