Hunter, Playdates TWINS NO MORE? 13 September 2011

Do you remember when we all thought Hunter looked quite like his gal pal Ellie? Well, we don’t think they look as similar anymore..! I suppose babies grow at such a rapid rate that one minute they can look one way, and the next minute they can look totally different. They’re still similar in size and mannerisms and overall ‘look’, but their features are starting to look a little different now. Though, we are still eager for that photo of our kids walking, hand in hand :P

KennyRogers01

Saying hullo to each other

KennyRogers02

My son, always reaching out to touch the girls.. as usual.

KennyRogers03

Hunter: “Heh heh heh”
Ellie: *not amused*

We also discovered that Hunter the gentle giant is most unhappy when girls scream. He was initially all cheery, then Ellie squealed/screamed whilst facing him and we visibly saw his face change from happy to crying in about 2 seconds, LOL. Ellie, however, was most delighted at having learnt a new ‘trick’ and so spent the next few minutes screaming at Hunter whilst he got really distressed, with big fat tears rolling down his cheeks.

And us? We were too busy laughing the whole time ;)

KennyRogers05

Check out Hunter’s face, JUST about to scrunch up and cry, heh!

*WAILLLLL*
httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMwFVG7VafU

KennyRogers06

Cuddling my little sook

We couldn’t resist the sizzling chocolate brownie with ice cream at Olio Cafe. Check it out – a big slab of brownie with vanilla ice cream sandwiched in the middle.. and sitting in sizzling chocolate sauce. Delish!!

KennyRogers07

Sizzling chocolate brownie with ice cream

KennyRogers08

Trying on (yet another) sling. Yes, I am obsessed! This one folds up sooooo tiny, but a shame how the baby “crotch hangs” in it 🙁

Month07 cosmo

My son, reading Cosmopolitan (it is now available in Singapore, after 22 years of being banned)

Anyway, what do you think, since you guys are impartial? Do they still look almost like twins, or totally different now?

• elainegan posted on September 13, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Lol, so amusing looking at those babies meet-up photos! Especially his cheeky grin. Hunter’s first I-now-know-girls-are-emotional would make anyone burst out laughing too 😀

• Beverly! posted on September 13, 2011 at 5:37 pm

Yeah my gf was saying he’ll make a good husband in future, cos can’t handle his wife screaming, lol!!

• Sarah posted on September 13, 2011 at 4:48 pm

They do look more different now! Ellie’s face seems more oval-shaped while Hunter’s remains quite round, and their features are changing too. Kids grow so fast :’)

Btw re slings, I’m using a Hotsling. Very portable and baby sits on his butt, but no padding on the shoulder unfortunately.

• Beverly! posted on September 13, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Yeah true! her head is a bit smaller than Hunter’s now heh.

Oo I have a Hotsling too. It’s great but yeah, my shoulder hurts. So now I use the Baba luna (there’s a pic of it in my previous post or two) and it’s heaps more comfy, so I’m in love with it!

• Jasmine posted on September 13, 2011 at 5:57 pm

They still look slightly alike. But, babies really do change fast!

And, that video of him crying is so funny!!! Funny how a girl has control over him :p

• Beverly! posted on September 13, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Yeah…. it’s ALREADY started. lol!

• Sue posted on September 13, 2011 at 7:33 pm

I thing they still look similar but not twins. Poor Hunter contolled by a girl already… Love seeing him use his tongue now is he saying more words? xxoo

• Beverly! posted on September 14, 2011 at 11:41 am

Yeah.. he started young, LOL!
      He says all sorts of vowel sounds, so cute.

• ~* Little Star *~ posted on September 13, 2011 at 7:39 pm

With Hunter’s hair growing now, i think he’s progressing to look more like Chris……especially in the top right picture of him reading the Cosmopolitan…look at his hair and its color..so like daddy!

• Beverly! posted on September 14, 2011 at 11:43 am

Yeah they have the exact same hair colour, so cute!

• starbucksweetie posted on September 13, 2011 at 7:45 pm

The chocolate brownie looks so luxe and amazing.

• Beverly! posted on September 14, 2011 at 11:43 am

I ADORE my brownies warmed up and served with ice cream..this was spot on!

• Chelleydoo posted on September 13, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Aiyoh, how not to love Hunter?! He is just way too adorable! They do look slightly different now and it is a little hard to imagine Ellie wearing a dress, hahaha. When her hair grows, the difference will be big I reckon and will be even more interesting to see then. That aside, the brownie looked so wicked! I also wanna thank you for the baby dust you sprinkled on me, I found out I am at 5.5 weeks now and just wanna share with you. It is too early still though and I am scared and worried. Have all the cramping but no morning sickness or anything.

• Beverly! posted on September 14, 2011 at 11:45 am

That’s so wonderful you’re 5.5 weeks!! I know someone that’s the exact time along as you hehe.

Make sure you take care of yourself very well, esp in the first 12 weeks. So glad for you that you haven’t had nausea etc, you’re very fortunate 🙂 Do you have a blog? You totally should blog your journey!

• Chelleydoo posted on September 14, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Thanx a lot, Bev! I sure feel very lucky that I do not feel sick as yet. I still ride my stationary bike and taking all my prenatal vitamins, so hopefully everything will be fine as my first proper check up will only be in a few weeks time. Please do advise me if any as everyone keeps telling me to take care of myself and I am not sure if I am doing everything right. I will definitely let you know when I start up a blog.

• C posted on September 14, 2011 at 7:01 am

how cute that to see ellie squeal and hunter basically cries cos she stole his ‘moonshine’…

i think they still look alike

• Beverly! posted on September 14, 2011 at 11:45 am

Yeah LOL, his pathetic lil face was actually really hilarious….. <--bad mum 😉

• Irene Li posted on September 14, 2011 at 2:25 pm

They look totally different now!

SOOO cute how Hunter’s crying while Ellie’s being all smug! HAHAHAHA! Adorable!

• Beverly! posted on September 14, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Yeah, whatta bully she is, ROFL!!!

• C posted on September 14, 2011 at 7:07 pm

how do you keep your teeth clean with so much sugar treats you eat?

• Beverly! posted on September 14, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Ummm by brushing twice a day lol!

• thien-lanweber posted on September 14, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I think they still look quite similar but with a ruffle top, she does look a bit more like a girl although she tries and conceal it by wearing blue ;p
    Hunter the gentle giant is such a cute name and love his “heh heh heh” face, how are you able to always snap him with the right expression? Can’t believe how much he’s grown, sitting and playing. Not a baby anymore and he’ll be almost one when we see him!

• Beverly! posted on September 14, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Yeah time does fly eh! And same with Alistair, he’s so much bigger now 😛 and such a cutieeee

• Jacinta posted on September 14, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Love that video! Amazing to guess what babies are thinking of and how they process things.. 😀

• Beverly! posted on September 15, 2011 at 11:10 am

true! And when they’re a bit older they say the funniest stuff.. like my cousin’s son that always has us laughing 😛

• Ron & Lina posted on September 15, 2011 at 6:43 am

Hunter sure knows how to WOW the ladies. 🙂

• Beverly! posted on September 15, 2011 at 11:11 am

but then he can’t handle their reaction and cries… haha!

• Pris posted on September 17, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Finally I have time to read blogs! 🙂

They look so different now!!! And Hunter looks so much bigger! Esp. in the photo where he’s in the stroller – I think its in the later post.

• Beverly! posted on September 17, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Heh yes, the first few weeks post-birth is just MADNESS isn’t it?! My friend also just gave birth 2 weeks ago and is also trying to get her little girl to sleep for ages.. but frankly I think it’s possible to with newborns (we wish!)