Hunter BEDTIME GIGGLES MAKE PRECIOUS MEMORIES 26 September 2011

At night, after Hunter has his bath and is clean as a whistle, we spend some time relaxing and clowning around on the bed.

He scrambles and tumbles all over the bed; we play a bit of peek-a-boo; he gurgles happily whilst trying to stuff anything into his mouth. He generally is in a very merry mood before bed-time, so it’s a nice opportunity for us for us to have a cuddle and read him his bedtime story.

But… in just a few months and years, he will lose this perfect innocence of his. That endearing baby-ness. His intoxicating smell. The look of pure happiness when he sees me.

I know that one day, he will no longer want to clown around with me on the bed. He will go “ugh muuuuum!!” and roll his eyes at stuff that I do or say that he deems embarrassing. One day, I will no longer be the center of his universe.

But, until then, I enjoy each and every precious moment with my son 🙂

• sharonmuljadi posted on September 26, 2011 at 8:16 am

I know exactly what you mean…but Aaron (5year old) still has his bed time moments with me until now. I love it!!!

• Beverly! posted on September 26, 2011 at 10:45 am

Aww that is so sweet. I hope Hunter will too when he’s 5 🙂

• Christine Knight Thomas on Facebook posted on September 26, 2011 at 9:12 am

Love the pics Bev 🙂

• Beverly! posted on September 26, 2011 at 10:47 am

Thanks sweetie.. you’ll be taking so many more in the months to come! 🙂

• chicmcmuffin posted on September 26, 2011 at 10:38 am

that is so sweet! i love how he’s always got his cheeky look on his face.. 😀

• Beverly! posted on September 26, 2011 at 10:48 am

He’s particularly cheery when he’s just woken up and in the evening.. but when he’s out he can be super glum!

And OMG I see you have the Dior mimioui ring in your profile pic…. it’s gorgeous 🙂

• chicmcmuffin posted on September 26, 2011 at 12:55 pm

He seems to always do this tongue out to the side kind of look. So funny!

I wish it’s the real Dior! Alas, it’s from Etsy, but good enough for me! 😀

• Beverly! posted on September 26, 2011 at 10:11 pm

oooo if you don’t mind would you be able to let me know the Etsy store? I adore etsy and it sounds like a fab idea getting it there instead of paying $$ for the Dior one, heh

• Pei posted on September 26, 2011 at 10:48 am

you are both so cute!! Enjoy each other 🙂

• Beverly! posted on September 26, 2011 at 10:12 pm

For now, nothing makes him happier than being with me… so I am enjoying it whilst I can 😛

• Jenny @ Musings and Morsels posted on September 26, 2011 at 2:21 pm

That is so precious! You must frame each and every one of those photographs above – perfectly captures the moment of bliss and perfect happiness.

• Beverly! posted on September 26, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I wish I’d taken them on a professional camera. Or, better yet, actually had a professional camera!

• Irene Li posted on September 26, 2011 at 2:32 pm

These pictures would be soooooo nice framed! I love the last one soooooo much!

• Beverly! posted on September 26, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I wish!! But it’s on my iPhone so crappy quality 🙁

• Sarah posted on September 26, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Well said 🙂 Sometimes it’s so easy to wish they’d advance to the next stage, e.g. walking, talking.. but they’ll only be this small and cuddly once! Enoch already gets restless when I start snuggling with him haha 🙂

To treasuring all these precious moments!

• Beverly! posted on September 26, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Yes you said it! We need to make sure we take some time in our day to just appreciate the moment and count our blessings 🙂