Cookyn with Mervyn, Parties, Uncategorized COOKYN WITH MERVYN’S WINE & CHEESE PARTY 24 June 2011

Chris is away in Seattle for 1.5 weeks.. the first time he’s gone on an international business trip since Hunter’s birth and BOY IT HURTS! He misses out on both Father’s Day and Hunter’s 5th month birthday tomorrow. 🙁 I know Hunter especially misses the mad giggles and antics he gets up to with his Dad. Chris comes back (early) on a Monday morning, so we can’t wait 🙂

Anyway, it’s also a shame that Chris is away because Cookyn Inc threw a Wine and Cheese party, 2 things that Chris particularly loves. And boy, it was fun! We were treated to delicious wines (2 white, 2 red) and of course, lovely food that was thoughtfully paired with each wine. I seriously LOVED the food. Especially the dish with the fresh figs (pics below) – my first time eating fresh figs and now I see why my Mum loves ’em so much.. they’re tasty!

Their Wine & Cheese parties are a great idea for afternoon tea with friends. I reckon they’d make a fab Bachelorette party, or for a birthday celebration 🙂

The mecca of foodaholics beckons…

Our sons getting acquainted with each other (and Hunter being decidedly unfriendly!)

Mommies and babies 🙂

Feta and sundried tomato pesto crumble on crackers

Mozzarella bufala with fresh figs, parma ham, truffle oil and aged balsamic

Chorizo, Saucisson, Iberico ham, coral salad, plum
tomatoes salsa, preserved baby onions and Grissini crackers

Chef Mervyn puts the heat on

Parmiggiano, Brie de meaux, Savarin, Mimolette, Manchego

DIY angry birds cupcake, LOL!!!

OH, and of course all the food was paired with wine..

Patiently waiting for us whilst we wined and dined 😉

Future iPhone addicts

The beautiful garden

• padicindy posted on June 24, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I am so amazed at how Hunter is always such a good boy, allowing you time and peace and quiet while you do your stuff!

• beverly posted on June 25, 2011 at 12:19 am

You’ve also caught him during his happy periods! Whenever I go out for lunch with friends he gets quite irate cos he wants attention.. eek. I guess you’ll see on Mon, hah!

• Anonymous posted on June 24, 2011 at 1:42 pm

Wow, you’re becoming the unofficial spokeswoman for Cookyn with Mervyn! Is your friend’s baby the same age as Hunter? Its amazing how both of you got back your shapes so quickly after the birth of your little ones! The video is hilarious!!!

• beverly posted on June 25, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Haha, yeah, it’s so comfy there and there’s such nice food.. I could hang out there every day 😉

Her son is just 3 weeks younger, so very closely aged!

• babyflite posted on June 24, 2011 at 2:19 pm

I can’t believe you never ate fresh figs back in Australia! They’re quite common there. I love them too.

• beverly posted on June 25, 2011 at 12:23 pm

My mum used to try and persuade me to eat em in AU too, but I always refused cos I thought they looked too weird HAH

• blissfultyrant posted on June 24, 2011 at 2:49 pm

LOL!!! the video is so cute!

2 more days to Chris’s return!

• beverly posted on June 25, 2011 at 12:23 pm

I am counting down the hours and days……. biz trips suck :X

• Anonymous posted on June 24, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Bugaboo

Hi there, stumbled onto yr blog while googling for Bugaboo. The hubs and I are expecting, and we’re planning on getting the Bugaboo Cameleon. I was just wondering if you bought the Bee with the carrycot, or without. We hope to do without it as its kinda bulky. My question is, is your Bee suitable for a newborn without the carrycot? Can the regular stroller recline fully such that baby lies flat on his back? Thanks a lot for your input. 🙂

• beverly posted on June 25, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Re: Bugaboo

We have the new release Bee but no carrycot. It is the BEST investment ever imho! I know a lot of people that regret their stroller purchase, but we have zero regrets. A newborn can go into the Bee as-is with no issues for sure, as it does recline down. Frankly, you probably won’t go out THAT much in the first 4-6wks anyway so by the time you go out a lot, your bub will be older as well. It’s why we decided not to buy the newborn carrycot – thought we wouldn’t use it enough to justify the extra $$

• Anonymous posted on June 26, 2011 at 10:50 am

Re: Bugaboo

Thanks a bunch! Yeah, which is why we didn’t want the carrycot either. Mind if I ask you which car seat you use for Hunter? We’re contemplating either the Britax First Class or Concord Ultimax. Both are suitable frm birth-abt 4 yrs old. Thanks again.

• padicindy posted on June 24, 2011 at 1:27 pm

• beverly posted on June 25, 2011 at 12:19 am

• Anonymous posted on June 24, 2011 at 1:42 pm

• beverly posted on June 25, 2011 at 12:22 pm

Her son is just 3 weeks younger, so very closely aged!

• babyflite posted on June 24, 2011 at 2:19 pm

• beverly posted on June 25, 2011 at 12:23 pm

• blissfultyrant posted on June 24, 2011 at 2:49 pm

LOL!!! the video is so cute!

2 more days to Chris’s return!

• beverly posted on June 25, 2011 at 12:23 pm

I am counting down the hours and days……. biz trips suck :X

• Anonymous posted on June 24, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Bugaboo

• beverly posted on June 25, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Re: Bugaboo

• Anonymous posted on June 26, 2011 at 10:50 am

Re: Bugaboo

• am_klutz posted on June 25, 2011 at 9:53 am

WE MISSED THE WINE AND CHEESE!! Didn’t know there was – we were just wondering when this was going to be held again :\ Looks delish!

• beverly posted on June 25, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Ask ’em when it’ll be on, cos Chris missed it too and it is RIGHT up his alley, so we’ll go again for sure!

• beverly posted on June 25, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I love Cookyn’s food, it’s always unique and delish!

• am_klutz posted on June 25, 2011 at 9:53 am

• beverly posted on June 25, 2011 at 12:29 pm

• beverly posted on June 25, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I love Cookyn’s food, it’s always unique and delish!