And so we blinked and Hunter turned 3 months old. Wasn’t it only just yesterday he turned 2 months old? It’s pretty startling to see how different a 3 month old is to before.. he’s truly becoming a little boy now with his own personality and knows how to voice his likes/dislikes. He’s no longer the unaware newborn that sleeps and doesn’t do much else. He’s awake a lot more, and interacts with us like a mini kid. I can’t believe how quickly babies grow! I’ve already forgotten what it’s like to hold him and need to support his head and have him just lie there.
MONTH 2-3 PROGRESS:
- Rolls over from tummy-to-back – probably the thing that had us most delighted this month was Hunter figuring out to roll himself over at 11 weeks. It was a surprise as he just suddenly started doing it one day, so I made him do it 5 times more just in case it was a fluke, heh.
- Tracks us across the room – His vision really extended this month and he now watches for us when we come round the corner and follows our movements when we walk across the room. We keep ourselves constantly amused by calling out his name and seeing him turn his head, eyes searching for us 😛
- Holds/waves around rattles and toys – He can grasp his rattles and toys and wave ’em all around.. but he’s not actually aware he’s doing it yet. LOL. So after a few mins, he’ll just let them fall out of his hand, and not realise it’s fallen either!
- Loves screens – He adores looking at our computer screen or the TV. Nothing fascinates him more! We discovered that he can do tummy time for quite awhile, as long as he’s plonked facing the TV, haha.
- Started wearing his 6-9month clothes – as of today, we packed away all his 3-6month old clothing, and washed all his 6-9month old stuff. He has a l-o-n-g body and a chubby torso, so he just keeps outgrowing his clothes!
Video of Hunter laughing during tummy time