FOOD, My recipes, Uncategorized HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CAKE 23 February 2011

We were having some friends over to visit, so I thought I’d whip together a quick chocolate cake. This uses minimal ingredients and can be made using just 1 mixing bowl, not to mention it takes just 5 minutes to prepare – kinda like baking for dummies 😛 Because of this, it’s not a super ultra rich chocolate fudge cake or anything, but more of a moist sponge cake. The top has a bit of a crispy crust, and it’s moist and denser on the inside.

Very nice scoffed with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream 🙂

Mix together 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 cup white sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla essence.
Beat in 2 eggs. Add 1/2 cup plain flour, 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder,
1/4 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt.
Pour into a baking pan. Bake at 180 celcius for around 20 mins.

Fresh out of the oven

Super simple chocolate cake!
TIP: add a handful of chocolate chips in the batter before baking for an extra chocolate-y kick!

• queen_bead posted on February 23, 2011 at 5:45 am

Is this the 5 minute chocolate cake recipe you posted a while back expanded into a full size cake (trading oil for butter)? Hehe. Very clever.

Reminds me of when my dad learned to make cupcakes, and wondered if you could make a ‘giant cupcake’ with the same recipe, i.e. a cake lol!

• beverly posted on February 23, 2011 at 6:40 am

You’re right, it’s very close! Here’s the other one http://beverly.livejournal.com/731160.html

I prefer the texture of this one though.. but it’d be even better with a bunch of choc chips thrown into the batter

• tiffanyx posted on February 23, 2011 at 11:49 am

looks realllllllly good!

• beverly posted on February 24, 2011 at 2:57 am

It’s fast and easy to make, good in a pinch!

• queen_bead posted on February 23, 2011 at 5:45 am

• beverly posted on February 23, 2011 at 6:40 am

• tiffanyx posted on February 23, 2011 at 11:49 am

looks realllllllly good!

• beverly posted on February 24, 2011 at 2:57 am

It’s fast and easy to make, good in a pinch!