Ferrets, Living in... Shanghai, Uncategorized SHANGHAI SNOW 16 December 2010

After the excitement of yesterday’s snow, we woke up to absolutely frigid temperatures today. The snow hadn’t melted overnight, but it’s this glorious soft powder-snow that’s dry. So I’m thankful it’s not that gross and grey slushy kind when it’s all half-melted! It’s actually really pretty to look at, and fascinates me to no end. I know it’s totally dull and uneventful for anyone that experiences snow every year, but hey, we come from a very temperate climate so we NEVER see snow! Thus why the novelty still hasn’t worn off and I’m so delighted with it 😛

The compound where I live, with snow-capped rocks

2″ of powder-soft snow covering the grass

What’s a ‘lil ferret to do in this sort of weather? Snuggle up on the couch 🙂

Star, totally zonked out.

• 8balldecline posted on December 16, 2010 at 11:41 am

star is so cute, but i’m liking the cabinet that’s behind her.

• beverly posted on December 16, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Hahaha!! nothing in there tho, I just like collecting boxes 😛

• winterswitchery posted on December 16, 2010 at 11:47 am

I’ve lived in snowy climates all my life and I still experience that fascination after a good snowfall. Before it’s all churned up it’s so amazing, beautiful and peaceful.

• beverly posted on December 16, 2010 at 1:40 pm

I’m with you! Fortunately we haven’t had that dirty/slushy snow melting – it seemed to have just evaporated or something as the ground’s all dry. Guess that’s a good thing 😛

• magdalyn posted on December 16, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Looks amazing! I’d be excited too! 😀

• beverly posted on December 17, 2010 at 1:15 am

We get excited over small stuff, lol. Sadly, pretty much all gone now!

• 8balldecline posted on December 16, 2010 at 11:41 am

star is so cute, but i’m liking the cabinet that’s behind her.

• beverly posted on December 16, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Hahaha!! nothing in there tho, I just like collecting boxes 😛

• winterswitchery posted on December 16, 2010 at 11:47 am

• beverly posted on December 16, 2010 at 1:40 pm

• carorules posted on December 16, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Could your ferrets be any cuter? I don’t think so! 😉

• beverly posted on December 17, 2010 at 1:24 am

Aww thanks, ya, we think they are freakin cute but we could be biased 😛

• magdalyn posted on December 16, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Looks amazing! I’d be excited too! 😀

• beverly posted on December 17, 2010 at 1:15 am

We get excited over small stuff, lol. Sadly, pretty much all gone now!

• rapkat0021 posted on December 17, 2010 at 2:46 am

Aw I love how your userpics for your entries about snow are bikini+hot weather pics 😀

• beverly posted on December 17, 2010 at 6:51 am