Pregnancy, Uncategorized PRENATAL CLASS 14 December 2010

This is what our baby looks like inside me at the moment!

We had our prenatal class which was super informative and actually really interesting. I really liked hearing all the advice, tips and hints from a medical point of view. It gives me huge relief and satisfaction in knowing what’s going to happen to my body, and what I should/shouldn’t be doing. We went through all the aspects of labour and safe to say, it’s no walk in the park 😉

Am I scared of labour and giving birth? Nup. I don’t dread or fear it…. I actually quite look forward to it, because I know we’ll get one freakin’ awesome reward at the end 😛 To me, it’s totally worth it! I don’t see any point in being worried or scared about the pain – after all, it will be painful! But billions of women have gone through it and come out the other end, so I’m not too fussed. Just wanna see him and hold him in our arms 🙂

Anyway, I thought the photo above is hilarious because it shows what he looks like in me right now… crazy thinking a fully formed human of that size is squished up in my belly, eh?!?! It’s no wonder my entire belly wobbles alarmingly and goes in all sorts of wild directions whenever he moves. We have the most active baby of the group though, which is probably not a great achievement haha. For the entire class, my belly was wobbling everywhere and could be seen across the table, because he just would NOT sleep! In fact, he’s been perpetually awake for the past 2-3 days (and only sleeping at night when I’m sleeping).. otherwise he spends every waking moment (of mine) doing furious kicks and twists. His knees are very hard now and extremely strong so it really hurts.. *ouch*….!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• tyra8 posted on December 14, 2010 at 10:16 am

Good on you for being brave, Woman! Just 36 days to go. I am extremely excited for you and your Hubby!

• beverly posted on December 14, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Thank you hon. We’re on the home stretch, yaaaaaayyy!

• claypot posted on December 14, 2010 at 10:53 am

Whee! Where are you having your baby? Singapore, China, Australia?

• beverly posted on December 14, 2010 at 1:10 pm

In China! It’s a lot more $, but worth it because I can’t spare the time to go to SG or AU early…

• claypot posted on December 14, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Never mind. You can then have a Eurasian baby born in China to a Singaporean and Australian but speaks Indonesian. Something like that.

• blondedawn posted on December 14, 2010 at 12:49 pm

bev, i know this is a personal question but i thought i’d ask since i’ll be delivering a few months after you. 🙂 are you planning on a natural birth? that’s what i’m really hoping for (barring any medical complications) and i’m really excited to meet our daughter!

did you share the name and i missed it or are you keeping it under wraps?

• beverly posted on December 14, 2010 at 1:22 pm

It’s so cool you’re preggers too 🙂 We haven’t finalised his full name so will announce once he’s born..

I would very much like a fully natural birth. That’s my big goal 🙂 That said, I know complications do arise and things change, so I won’t beat myself up if I don’t end up with that!

• blondedawn posted on December 16, 2010 at 6:36 pm

can’t wait to find out!

fingers crossed and prayers sent that neither of us have any complications and babies aren’t breech! 🙂 🙂 🙂

is the c-section rate as high in china as it is in the US?

• beverly posted on December 17, 2010 at 12:53 am

He turned head-down at 24 weeks or so, thankfully! He seems to love being upside down, lol…

C-section is SUPER high in China ‘cos they like it scheduled, and almost everyone only has one child so they don’t care :X

• missustay posted on December 14, 2010 at 2:13 pm

he’s following your sleep pattern. that’s awesome!

• beverly posted on December 14, 2010 at 2:58 pm

Good for now, but sadly it’s not indicative of a newborn once he’s out.. I read that they have no idea about day/night and need to learn once they’re born! Well, hope our boys learn quickly, hehe

• tiffanyx posted on December 14, 2010 at 3:10 pm

wow, that really put things into perspective huh?!

• beverly posted on December 14, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Yeah.. we had a great time, now just waiting for Jan to rock round!

• tyra8 posted on December 14, 2010 at 10:16 am

• beverly posted on December 14, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Thank you hon. We’re on the home stretch, yaaaaaayyy!

• claypot posted on December 14, 2010 at 10:53 am

Whee! Where are you having your baby? Singapore, China, Australia?

• beverly posted on December 14, 2010 at 1:10 pm

• claypot posted on December 14, 2010 at 1:13 pm

• Anonymous posted on December 14, 2010 at 7:16 pm

he is kicking to get out! i think you might have an early birth.

• beverly posted on December 15, 2010 at 12:57 am

Haha it really does feel like he’s trying to break out! Who knows if that’s an indicator for early birth though… but I hope so!

• carorules posted on December 14, 2010 at 7:37 pm

My best friend’s due date was Monday and still no baby. I always compare your experiences with hers.

• beverly posted on December 15, 2010 at 1:17 am

I’m scared i’ll go overdue too, as the average for first-time mums is 41 weeks 1 day!

• carorules posted on December 15, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Toward the end, it gets harder and you just want to see your baby already. She’s 3 days overdue and no sign of the baby yet.. I hope she has it soon.. If she doesn’t have it by the 20th, I think they’ll induce her.

• blondedawn posted on December 14, 2010 at 12:49 pm

did you share the name and i missed it or are you keeping it under wraps?

• beverly posted on December 14, 2010 at 1:22 pm

• blondedawn posted on December 16, 2010 at 6:36 pm

can’t wait to find out!

is the c-section rate as high in china as it is in the US?

• beverly posted on December 17, 2010 at 12:53 am

• missustay posted on December 14, 2010 at 2:13 pm

he’s following your sleep pattern. that’s awesome!

• beverly posted on December 14, 2010 at 2:58 pm

• tiffanyx posted on December 14, 2010 at 3:10 pm

wow, that really put things into perspective huh?!

• beverly posted on December 14, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Yeah.. we had a great time, now just waiting for Jan to rock round!

• exhileration posted on December 15, 2010 at 2:14 am

That’s pretty cool! (the photo) Wow less than a month! Time really flew by!

• beverly posted on December 15, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I know…. ! Can’t wait for Jan to rock round though 😉

• exhileration posted on December 16, 2010 at 12:58 am

Me too! Can’t wait to meet your son! When are you done work?

• Anonymous posted on December 14, 2010 at 7:16 pm

he is kicking to get out! i think you might have an early birth.

• beverly posted on December 15, 2010 at 12:57 am

• carorules posted on December 14, 2010 at 7:37 pm

• beverly posted on December 15, 2010 at 1:17 am

• carorules posted on December 15, 2010 at 6:20 pm

• exhileration posted on December 15, 2010 at 2:14 am

That’s pretty cool! (the photo) Wow less than a month! Time really flew by!

• beverly posted on December 15, 2010 at 2:38 pm

I know…. ! Can’t wait for Jan to rock round though 😉

• exhileration posted on December 16, 2010 at 12:58 am

Me too! Can’t wait to meet your son! When are you done work?