PREGNANCY: OH HOW I HAVE GROWN

Since we discovered I was pregnant, we’ve been taking monthly belly photos to track our lil boy’s growth in me. It’s seriously phenomenal, looking at these photos chronologically…! Just before I fell pregnant, I remember looking at myself side-on in the bathroom mirror, trying to envision what I would look like pregnant.. and i found it really hard to imagine. Well, now I know ;)

My total weight gain you see here is 13KG (!!!!!) and my waist has expanded from 24″ to 39″ (!!!!!!!!!) – which I’ve learned is actually a LOT. But I can’t help it! My torso was quite narrow pre-pregnancy and the baby has to go somewhere, right? But since my overall weight gain is still in the ‘normal’ range, I just try to live with it.

I find it both fascinating and downright scary when I see the photos below.. my belly looks like a giant zit that needs to be popped, hehe! But it’s satisfying thinking that our boy is growing nice and big and strong in me :) I’m now Full Term, so OK to pop any time now… hoping to next week so we have a New Year’s baby!

At our wedding banquet, a little over a year ago on 08/08/09.
I can’t stop staring at my waist in this photo…..

Month 3

Month 4

Month 5

Month 6

Month 7

Month 8

Month 9

Compare the above to this one below on our Honeymoon last year. Hilariously, at that time,
I was unhappy with the way I look in this photo because I thought my belly “looked so fat”.
Now, it looks positively tiny to me!! How perception can change…

Lilypie Maternity tickers

(257, 1)

Let's Chat!

Hello Beverly! ))

It`s so wonderful! I like so much this post! This is a really good memory for you & your baby! )))

Re: Hello Beverly! ))

Aww thanks hon :)

Hello Beverly! ))

Re: Hello Beverly! ))

Aww thanks hon :)

tricia_sum says:

v nice month by month pics!
And you look awesome all through the 9mths!!

beverly says:

Aww thanks hon! I’m really hoping I go back to my pre-pregnancy size afterwards.. but I suppose we’ll see!

tricia_sum says:

v nice month by month pics!
And you look awesome all through the 9mths!!

Anonymous says:

Oh my goodness that monthly evolution is amazing. I love how you took it in the same position each time to make the comparison easier to see. I thought 7 months was CRAZY until I saw 8 and 9 months. I am so glad I will never have to go through that myself! Only a pity you started at 3 months, so there’s no 0 months. Oh, I know, you can take that AFTER the baby is born, LOL!

beverly says:

Yeah 7,8,9 was just madness… lol.

Uh, the After photo will be bigger than 0 months… highly doubt I’ll shrink back to my pre-baby size ;)

Anonymous says:

beverly says:

Yeah 7,8,9 was just madness… lol.

it’s really amazing what the human body can do! a bit more to the finishing line. enjoy these last few moments :)

beverly says:

I know….. i’m amazed I can stretch outwards that much, it’s bizzare!

claypot says:

Yup. Perceptions do change hey! You’ve always been skinny but like they say, don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone. I’m sure you’ll go back to what you were like very quickly though. Plus pregnancy suits you, you look fab! I love that you were in the same outfit for all pictures – documents the belly growth much better I think!

beverly says:

I miss my pre-pregnancy body but wouldn’t trade that in now.. I prefer having a baby far more, heh!!

carorules says:

Wow quite the evolution. It’s good that you took pics every months.

I’m sure once you have the baby you will get back to your figure in no time.

beverly says:

Yeah.. it’s quite fascinating for me seeing my belly grow like that, lol! I HOPE I’ll go back down afterwards but who knows…

misawong says:

Sending you positive vibes! Best wishes for a safe and smooth delivery.

beverly says:

Thank you sweetie! It’ll be an exciting next few weeks..

joni_to0622 says:

wow can’t wait to see the baby!!! you are soo close to giving birth now!! :-) I am soo excited for you!

beverly says:

Anytime now since I’m full term.. but I could go until the very end of Jan as well, doh!

beverly says:

I know….. i’m amazed I can stretch outwards that much, it’s bizzare!

Anonymous says:

sorry if you’re getting this comment twice. i tried to sign into twitter and then absentmindedly close the twitter window w/o knowing if it went through.

Just wanted to say I’ve been following you since Gypsy and through diaryland so it’s been over ten years! It has been a pleasure to see your life unfold. :). Can’t wait to see baby.

– Linda

beverly says:

Oooh how fun, we do go way back :) I had Diaryland back when I was 12 yrs old I think!! You so should come to Livejournal too so I can add you, hehe

tiffanyx says:

*wolf whistle* you are one hawt mama, babe! ;p

LOL thank you hon!

I love the photos, it’s always so amazing to watch the growth! And you look beautiful, pregnant or not, Bev :)

(As an aside, I do understand thinking one fat in a picture and then looking back in different circumstances and marveling at how small the person in the photo was lol I’m not pregnant but I’ve gained a lot of weight, and I look at pictures from a few years ago where I thought i was HUGE, and now..I was SOOO skinny )

Aww thank you Meg :)
And yes, it’s funny how perspective can change with time! And also fashion – I look back 10 yrs ago and cringe at what I wore, but back then I was thinking I was mad stylish, hahahahahah

Happy New Year Bev, I know that this is an exciting time for your family!!! Congrats

beverly says:

Aw thank you very much! 2011 will be a bit of an epic year :)

it is nice to document a monthly snapshot of your pregnancy journey. and your waist was so tiny! im sure you’ll regain your figure thereafter :)

beverly says:

I really miss it! Doubt it’ll go back to that size afterwards but hopefully close-ish :P

claypot says:

ah_fat says:

what a great record of the development. Still looking good Bev, can’t wait to see your little prince’s photo. :)

beverly says:

Thank you! I’m SO excited to see what he looks like.. :)

carorules says:

Wow quite the evolution. It’s good that you took pics every months.

I’m sure once you have the baby you will get back to your figure in no time.

misawong says:

Sending you positive vibes! Best wishes for a safe and smooth delivery.

beverly says:

Thank you sweetie! It’ll be an exciting next few weeks..

joni_to0622 says:

jzlyn says:

Looking great babe!!

beverly says:

Thanks sweetie! Your icon is the cutest :)

beverly says:

Yeah was so good we at least got to make one trip to SG.. next one will be with baby in tow, heh

Anonymous says:

– Linda

tiffanyx says:

*wolf whistle* you are one hawt mama, babe! ;p

LOL thank you hon!

pishako says:

love your pictures.. :)

beverly says:

Aww thanks hon! Fun to have a record of it all :)

Aww thank you Meg :)

beverly says:

Aw thank you very much! 2011 will be a bit of an epic year :)

tyeetyuen says:

Amazing! You can make a video out of the pictures! The expansion from month 6 to month 7 is the most significant!

The last trimester was the crazy growth… ! Quite amusing to see, heh

ze_succubus says:

I’m saying skinny bitch in the nicest possible way ahahah. Seriously you look lovely and I’m sure you’ll be back in shape in no time, grrr. :P

beverly says:

Maybe more in the ‘Before’ pic haha! Feel rather silly that back then, I thought I had such a big pot belly.. how perceptions can change!

:) i like how you wore the same top to take the pictures.. you grew into it! but your face and the rest didn’t seem to put on weight so thats good :)

Thanks for your baby entries.. amazing journey bev~

beverly says:

I know, it’s so tight on me now at 9 months pregnant, haha! Amazing what the body goes through…

You are a gorgeous pregnant woman! I love how you wore the same thing for each month’s belly shot. What a great idea. :)

beverly says:

Hee I like consistency, and figured it’ll be easier to witness the dramatic growth ;)

missustay says:

the growth in the last tri is so fast right! my lower back can’t quite keep up and aches like mad.

beverly says:

yeah, it’s just crazy! I’m getting a lot of pelvic pressure as his head is really low now.. eek.. can’t wait til we pop, heh

pebzz says:

You do not look fat, even in the most preggers picture! Still radiant!

beverly says:

well, “measuring big” is the medical term I was told, teehee! At least he is a healthy boy..

ah_fat says:

beverly says:

Thank you! I’m SO excited to see what he looks like.. :)

jzlyn says:

Looking great babe!!

beverly says:

Thanks sweetie! Your icon is the cutest :)

pishako says:

love your pictures.. :)

beverly says:

Aww thanks hon! Fun to have a record of it all :)

tyeetyuen says:

The last trimester was the crazy growth… ! Quite amusing to see, heh

ze_succubus says:

Thanks for your baby entries.. amazing journey bev~

missustay says:

pebzz says:

You do not look fat, even in the most preggers picture! Still radiant!