Pregnancy, Uncategorized PREGNANCY: OH HOW I HAVE GROWN 28 December 2010

Since we discovered I was pregnant, we’ve been taking monthly belly photos to track our lil boy’s growth in me. It’s seriously phenomenal, looking at these photos chronologically…! Just before I fell pregnant, I remember looking at myself side-on in the bathroom mirror, trying to envision what I would look like pregnant.. and i found it really hard to imagine. Well, now I know 😉

My total weight gain you see here is 13KG (!!!!!) and my waist has expanded from 24″ to 39″ (!!!!!!!!!) – which I’ve learned is actually a LOT. But I can’t help it! My torso was quite narrow pre-pregnancy and the baby has to go somewhere, right? But since my overall weight gain is still in the ‘normal’ range, I just try to live with it.

I find it both fascinating and downright scary when I see the photos below.. my belly looks like a giant zit that needs to be popped, hehe! But it’s satisfying thinking that our boy is growing nice and big and strong in me 🙂 I’m now Full Term, so OK to pop any time now… hoping to next week so we have a New Year’s baby!

At our wedding banquet, a little over a year ago on 08/08/09.
I can’t stop staring at my waist in this photo…..

Month 3

Month 4

Month 5

Month 6

Month 7

Month 8

Month 9

Compare the above to this one below on our Honeymoon last year. Hilariously, at that time,
I was unhappy with the way I look in this photo because I thought my belly “looked so fat”.
Now, it looks positively tiny to me!! How perception can change…

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• pebzz posted on December 28, 2010 at 4:38 am

You do not look fat, even in the most preggers picture! Still radiant!

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 7:58 am

well, “measuring big” is the medical term I was told, teehee! At least he is a healthy boy..

• missustay posted on December 28, 2010 at 4:43 am

the growth in the last tri is so fast right! my lower back can’t quite keep up and aches like mad.

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 8:42 am

yeah, it’s just crazy! I’m getting a lot of pelvic pressure as his head is really low now.. eek.. can’t wait til we pop, heh

• uglychocolate posted on December 28, 2010 at 5:08 am

You are a gorgeous pregnant woman! I love how you wore the same thing for each month’s belly shot. What a great idea. 🙂

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 8:45 am

Hee I like consistency, and figured it’ll be easier to witness the dramatic growth 😉

• blissfultyrant posted on December 28, 2010 at 5:10 am

🙂 i like how you wore the same top to take the pictures.. you grew into it! but your face and the rest didn’t seem to put on weight so thats good 🙂

Thanks for your baby entries.. amazing journey bev~

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 8:52 am

I know, it’s so tight on me now at 9 months pregnant, haha! Amazing what the body goes through…

• ze_succubus posted on December 28, 2010 at 5:17 am

I’m saying skinny bitch in the nicest possible way ahahah. Seriously you look lovely and I’m sure you’ll be back in shape in no time, grrr. 😛

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 8:54 am

Maybe more in the ‘Before’ pic haha! Feel rather silly that back then, I thought I had such a big pot belly.. how perceptions can change!

• tyeetyuen posted on December 28, 2010 at 6:15 am

Amazing! You can make a video out of the pictures! The expansion from month 6 to month 7 is the most significant!

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 8:55 am

The last trimester was the crazy growth… ! Quite amusing to see, heh

• pishako posted on December 28, 2010 at 7:12 am

love your pictures.. 🙂

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 9:04 am

Aww thanks hon! Fun to have a record of it all 🙂

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 7:57 am

Yeah was so good we at least got to make one trip to SG.. next one will be with baby in tow, heh

• jzlyn posted on December 28, 2010 at 8:07 am

Looking great babe!!

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 9:05 am

Thanks sweetie! Your icon is the cutest 🙂

• ah_fat posted on December 28, 2010 at 12:10 pm

what a great record of the development. Still looking good Bev, can’t wait to see your little prince’s photo. 🙂

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Thank you! I’m SO excited to see what he looks like.. 🙂

• pebzz posted on December 28, 2010 at 4:38 am

You do not look fat, even in the most preggers picture! Still radiant!

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 7:58 am

• missustay posted on December 28, 2010 at 4:43 am

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 8:42 am

• uglychocolate posted on December 28, 2010 at 5:08 am

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 8:45 am

• blissfultyrant posted on December 28, 2010 at 5:10 am

Thanks for your baby entries.. amazing journey bev~

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 8:52 am

• ze_succubus posted on December 28, 2010 at 5:17 am

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 8:54 am

• tyeetyuen posted on December 28, 2010 at 6:15 am

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 8:55 am

The last trimester was the crazy growth… ! Quite amusing to see, heh

• finding_tricia posted on December 28, 2010 at 2:23 pm

it is nice to document a monthly snapshot of your pregnancy journey. and your waist was so tiny! im sure you’ll regain your figure thereafter 🙂

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 4:02 pm

I really miss it! Doubt it’ll go back to that size afterwards but hopefully close-ish 😛

• internettourist posted on December 28, 2010 at 2:29 pm

Happy New Year Bev, I know that this is an exciting time for your family!!! Congrats

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 4:03 pm

Aw thank you very much! 2011 will be a bit of an epic year 🙂

• winterswitchery posted on December 28, 2010 at 2:57 pm

I love the photos, it’s always so amazing to watch the growth! And you look beautiful, pregnant or not, Bev 🙂

(As an aside, I do understand thinking one fat in a picture and then looking back in different circumstances and marveling at how small the person in the photo was lol I’m not pregnant but I’ve gained a lot of weight, and I look at pictures from a few years ago where I thought i was HUGE, and now..I was SOOO skinny )

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Aww thank you Meg 🙂
      And yes, it’s funny how perspective can change with time! And also fashion – I look back 10 yrs ago and cringe at what I wore, but back then I was thinking I was mad stylish, hahahahahah

• pishako posted on December 28, 2010 at 7:12 am

love your pictures.. 🙂

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 9:04 am

Aww thanks hon! Fun to have a record of it all 🙂

• tiffanyx posted on December 28, 2010 at 3:26 pm

*wolf whistle* you are one hawt mama, babe! ;p

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 4:06 pm

LOL thank you hon!

• Anonymous posted on December 28, 2010 at 3:42 pm

sorry if you’re getting this comment twice. i tried to sign into twitter and then absentmindedly close the twitter window w/o knowing if it went through.

Just wanted to say I’ve been following you since Gypsy and through diaryland so it’s been over ten years! It has been a pleasure to see your life unfold. :). Can’t wait to see baby.

– Linda

• beverly posted on December 29, 2010 at 9:35 am

Oooh how fun, we do go way back 🙂 I had Diaryland back when I was 12 yrs old I think!! You so should come to Livejournal too so I can add you, hehe

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 7:57 am

• jzlyn posted on December 28, 2010 at 8:07 am

Looking great babe!!

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 9:05 am

Thanks sweetie! Your icon is the cutest 🙂

• joni_to0622 posted on December 28, 2010 at 5:38 pm

wow can’t wait to see the baby!!! you are soo close to giving birth now!! 🙂 I am soo excited for you!

• beverly posted on December 29, 2010 at 9:38 am

Anytime now since I’m full term.. but I could go until the very end of Jan as well, doh!

• misawong posted on December 28, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Sending you positive vibes! Best wishes for a safe and smooth delivery.

• beverly posted on December 29, 2010 at 9:39 am

Thank you sweetie! It’ll be an exciting next few weeks..

• carorules posted on December 28, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Wow quite the evolution. It’s good that you took pics every months.

I’m sure once you have the baby you will get back to your figure in no time.

• beverly posted on December 29, 2010 at 9:42 am

Yeah.. it’s quite fascinating for me seeing my belly grow like that, lol! I HOPE I’ll go back down afterwards but who knows…

• ah_fat posted on December 28, 2010 at 12:10 pm

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 3:06 pm

Thank you! I’m SO excited to see what he looks like.. 🙂

• claypot posted on December 28, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Yup. Perceptions do change hey! You’ve always been skinny but like they say, don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone. I’m sure you’ll go back to what you were like very quickly though. Plus pregnancy suits you, you look fab! I love that you were in the same outfit for all pictures – documents the belly growth much better I think!

• beverly posted on December 29, 2010 at 9:50 am

I miss my pre-pregnancy body but wouldn’t trade that in now.. I prefer having a baby far more, heh!!

• finding_tricia posted on December 28, 2010 at 2:23 pm

• beverly posted on December 28, 2010 at 4:06 pm

LOL thank you hon!

• Anonymous posted on December 28, 2010 at 3:42 pm

– Linda

• beverly posted on December 29, 2010 at 9:35 am

• belladonna_fb posted on December 28, 2010 at 11:56 pm

it’s really amazing what the human body can do! a bit more to the finishing line. enjoy these last few moments 🙂

• beverly posted on December 29, 2010 at 9:55 am

I know….. i’m amazed I can stretch outwards that much, it’s bizzare!

• joni_to0622 posted on December 28, 2010 at 5:38 pm

• beverly posted on December 29, 2010 at 9:38 am

• misawong posted on December 28, 2010 at 5:42 pm

Sending you positive vibes! Best wishes for a safe and smooth delivery.

• beverly posted on December 29, 2010 at 9:39 am

Thank you sweetie! It’ll be an exciting next few weeks..

• carorules posted on December 28, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Wow quite the evolution. It’s good that you took pics every months.

I’m sure once you have the baby you will get back to your figure in no time.

• beverly posted on December 29, 2010 at 9:42 am

• claypot posted on December 28, 2010 at 9:02 pm

• beverly posted on December 29, 2010 at 9:50 am

• belladonna_fb posted on December 28, 2010 at 11:56 pm

• beverly posted on December 29, 2010 at 9:55 am

I know….. i’m amazed I can stretch outwards that much, it’s bizzare!

• Anonymous posted on December 29, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Oh my goodness that monthly evolution is amazing. I love how you took it in the same position each time to make the comparison easier to see. I thought 7 months was CRAZY until I saw 8 and 9 months. I am so glad I will never have to go through that myself! Only a pity you started at 3 months, so there’s no 0 months. Oh, I know, you can take that AFTER the baby is born, LOL!

• beverly posted on January 12, 2011 at 1:49 am

Yeah 7,8,9 was just madness… lol.

Uh, the After photo will be bigger than 0 months… highly doubt I’ll shrink back to my pre-baby size 😉

• Anonymous posted on December 29, 2010 at 5:36 pm

• beverly posted on January 12, 2011 at 1:49 am

Yeah 7,8,9 was just madness… lol.

• tricia_sum posted on December 30, 2010 at 3:53 pm

v nice month by month pics!
    And you look awesome all through the 9mths!!

• beverly posted on December 31, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Aww thanks hon! I’m really hoping I go back to my pre-pregnancy size afterwards.. but I suppose we’ll see!

• tricia_sum posted on December 30, 2010 at 3:53 pm

v nice month by month pics!
    And you look awesome all through the 9mths!!

• beverly posted on December 31, 2010 at 1:52 pm

• alexandraters posted on January 12, 2011 at 12:04 am

Hello Beverly! ))

It`s so wonderful! I like so much this post! This is a really good memory for you & your baby! )))

• beverly posted on January 12, 2011 at 1:47 am