Meme quizzes, Uncategorized 2010: A RECAP 31 December 2010

I thought 2009 was an epic year for us, considering it was the year we moved to Shanghai AND the year we got married. But 2010 has been quite the biggie for us too 😉

If you’d told me, this time last year, that I’d be just about to give birth soon…. I’d probably have laughed in your face! It was nowhere on my radar and I hadn’t even considered getting pregnant back then. Oh how things have changed, *lol*. Amazing how much I’ve grown too – a year ago I felt like a kid and most definitely did not feel maternal.. and yet now, I feel prepared to be a mother and very eager to have our own little family.

Hilariously, my goal for 2010 was “to travel every month”. We wanted to make sure we got all our holidaying in this year, but were…. errrmmm… cut short when I fell pregnant shortly into the year, heh. But we still managed:

January – Australia
February – Harbin, Japan
March – Sanya
April – Hong Kong
May – Huashan Mountain, USA
June – Tantou Island
July – (none)
August – France, Spain, Russia
September – (none)
October – (none)
November – Singapore
December – (none)

I’m glad we still got in a few trips, because I know things were drastically change in 2011 when we become a family of 3 🙂

So, what else happened in 2010?

January – celebrated Dad’s 60th birthday at Tetsuya’s in Australia, and also attended my dear friend’s wedding!
February – between our Harbin and Japan trips, our month was pretty much filled up
March – started doing pole dancing classes, which I adored but then had to give up just a few months later ‘cos I got pregnant.
April – bought my adored Balenciaga black bag from Hong Kong boutique, which I still use and love. Also became totally Shanghainese and got ourselves an electric bike
May – visited one of my favourite places in the USA, Kirk’s Steakburgers!
June – was in an interview about expats in That’s Shanghai magazine
July – detailed my online history/life and did an open Q&A time for everyone to ask me whatever they want!
Augustannounced my pregnancy in an epic post, and celebrated our 1st year wedding anniversary with a big Eurotrip around France, Spain, and Russia!
September – announced we are having a baby boy! Also finally got to start wearing my wonderful ‘push present’ from Chris
Octoberappeared on TV on a program about Singlish. Entered my 3rd trimester and celebrated my birthday at HoF with dear friends as well as a decadent brunch at the Ritz Carlton with Chris.
November – went to Singapore for our babymoon!
December – bought our much-lusted-over Bugaboo Bee 2010+ and celebrated a quiet Christmas in Shanghai. Wrote a long rambling entry about ‘pregnancy reflections’

2011 is going to be one helluva EPIC year for us… starting in January when I’ll give birth (anytime now!!!). We’ll instantly morph from DINKs (Double Income No Kids) gallivanting all around Shanghai and livin’ it up, to…. *dun dun dun*….. PARENTS. It’s a surreal thought that this time next year, we’ll have an almost 1 year old – so exciting! So I suppose 2011 will be a year when we have to mature up quick-smart and pronto 😉 It’ll be a rollercoaster ride!

And so I leave you with my favourite quote of 2010:

“You can stand tall without standing on someone.
You can be a victor without having victims.
Be gracious, always.”

A wonderful New Year to all of you, with much love!

• queen_bead posted on December 31, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Happy New Year!

• beverly posted on January 1, 2011 at 3:52 am

To you too sweetie, have a fab year ahead!

• dreamlaughlive posted on December 31, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Happy new year, babe! 🙂 It’s surely going to be an exciting year ahead for you and your family!

• beverly posted on January 1, 2011 at 3:56 am

Thank you! Happy New Year to you too.. may 2011 be a wonderful year for you and congrats on entering the 3rd trimester 🙂

• tiffanyx posted on December 31, 2010 at 5:56 pm

happy 2011 bev!

wishing you & your families a Happy New Year babe!! may the new year bring us all happiness, gd luck & $$$!!! ;p

• beverly posted on January 1, 2011 at 3:56 am

You too hon!! Have a fab time celebrating new year in SG 🙂

• queen_bead posted on December 31, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Happy New Year!

• beverly posted on January 1, 2011 at 3:52 am

To you too sweetie, have a fab year ahead!

• dreamlaughlive posted on December 31, 2010 at 3:14 pm

• beverly posted on January 1, 2011 at 3:56 am

• tiffanyx posted on December 31, 2010 at 5:56 pm

happy 2011 bev!

• beverly posted on January 1, 2011 at 3:56 am

You too hon!! Have a fab time celebrating new year in SG 🙂

• aqualuna posted on January 1, 2011 at 8:11 am

Happy New Year, Bev! 2011 is gonna be a fabulous year for you! 🙂

• beverly posted on January 2, 2011 at 9:40 am

Happy new year to you too! May 2011 be a great year for you too 🙂

• azuredrifting posted on January 1, 2011 at 3:34 pm

it’s wonderful to read about someone really living their life, you really seem to cram in as much as you can! wishing you all the best for the birth of your baby and beyond…. nothing will actually prepare you for it though hehe maybe meet up for playdates a few years down the track =) happy new year!!

• beverly posted on January 2, 2011 at 9:40 am

We’re def excited to see what 2011 will bring…. and heh, playdates sound like fun 😀

• aqualuna posted on January 1, 2011 at 8:11 am

Happy New Year, Bev! 2011 is gonna be a fabulous year for you! 🙂

• beverly posted on January 2, 2011 at 9:40 am

Happy new year to you too! May 2011 be a great year for you too 🙂

• azuredrifting posted on January 1, 2011 at 3:34 pm

• beverly posted on January 2, 2011 at 9:40 am

• tyra8 posted on January 3, 2011 at 2:06 am

Happy New Year, Beverly! Here’s to an awesome 2011!
    SO EXCITED for you and your Hubby!

• beverly posted on January 3, 2011 at 11:31 am

Thanks and a wonderful 2011 to you too, hope you celebrated in style! 🙂

• tyra8 posted on January 3, 2011 at 2:06 am

Happy New Year, Beverly! Here’s to an awesome 2011!
    SO EXCITED for you and your Hubby!

• beverly posted on January 3, 2011 at 11:31 am

Thanks and a wonderful 2011 to you too, hope you celebrated in style! 🙂

• oh_ayana posted on January 3, 2011 at 11:05 am

Happy New Year Bev to you and your family – I cannot wait to see what 2011 has in store for you!

• beverly posted on January 3, 2011 at 11:32 am

I’m thinking it will be pretty epic with a new baby, but we’re looking fwd to it 🙂 Happy new year to you too in sunny Sydney!

• oh_ayana posted on January 3, 2011 at 11:05 am

• beverly posted on January 3, 2011 at 11:32 am

• claypot posted on January 4, 2011 at 1:16 am

Have you got an emergency rush kit like in the movies? Have you got a route planned to the hospital, or even a route B? Are your families with you? Etc etc!

• beverly posted on January 4, 2011 at 8:36 am

We’ve got everything planned and all the stuff washed.. so just waiting it out right now, lol! My parents are coming up first, then Chris’ parents afterwards in March. Sadly our apartment is tiny so we’ll be squished, but ah well!

• claypot posted on January 4, 2011 at 10:33 am

Stuff washed? What do you need to wash? Gosh I’m so excited by proxy, this is weird. And you HAAAAAVE to tell us on LJ when you’re rushed off to the hospital and not just tell us when it’s all over!

• beverly posted on January 5, 2011 at 3:45 am

To you too hon!

• falterd posted on January 4, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Happy New Year!! 2011 is going to be insanely amazing! 🙂

• beverly posted on January 5, 2011 at 3:47 am

To you too hon!

• valska posted on January 7, 2011 at 3:13 am

I still find it amazing how I started reading your blog when you were a teen and now you’re becoming a MUM!

• beverly posted on January 7, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Well same here, you were non-kid when I first ‘met’ you! 😛 How time flies and how things change eh..

• valska posted on January 7, 2011 at 3:13 am