HOLIDAYS, Living in... Singapore, Uncategorized HELLOOOO FROM SG! 9 November 2010

Having a grand ‘ol time in Singapore! It’s meant to be “scattered thunderstorms” the entire week, but incredibly, it’s only been raining overnight/early morning and the whole day time is lovely sunshine but also cool enough so I don’t die from heat exhaustion. Love the weather 🙂

We went on an epic 2-day baby shopping trip and bought everything we need, so that’s a big load off our minds. We’re pretty much all set now – very exciting!! Being pregnant in Singapore is soooo much easier than in China. Namely, you don’t fear for you (and your child’s life) the moment you step outside your front door – traffic is orderly and people aren’t shoving you. We were quite shocked to also get some “excuse me” and “oops, sorry” from people – AMAZING!!!!!!!! Such a novelty to hear those precious little words 😛

We’re staying in the Raffles Town Club here which we picked because of their awesome pool where I can lounge in the mornings. Their suite is divine – very spacious and lovely amenities and service 🙂

Between meeting up with cousins and friends, baby shopping, and general traipsing around Singapore.. we’ve been totally flat out. At least it’s been a very productive trip so far 🙂

In the hallway

Living room area, with bedroom behind those doors

From the bed, looking towards living room now

In the toilet room, looking towards the bathroom

Jacuzzi to the right, and shower. Love how big the bathroom is!

View from our window

Chilling by the pool with my massively SWOLLEN ankles, thanks to 2-days of
nonstop walking and shopping around Orchard Road…

People often laugh at Chinglish stuff around China. Singapore somehow got in on the act too 😉

Chris insisted on a photo of this. Roti prata wrapped around cheese sausage = WIN!

• starbucksweetie posted on November 9, 2010 at 3:13 am

Nice digs!

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I was surprised, but at least it’s a nice surprise, heh

• tiffanyx posted on November 9, 2010 at 3:26 am

the bathroom’s like a good sized bedroom by itself!!

good that you had done up most stuffs! now its juz playing the waiting game with the lil babe!

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 12:51 pm

I love big bathrooms, it feels decadent 🙂

• irene82 posted on November 9, 2010 at 3:44 am

We have Nips here too! Always makes me laugh everytime I see it! 😛

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 12:53 pm

I don’t think I could buy and eat em without giggling 😉

• Anonymous posted on November 9, 2010 at 3:59 am

Nips

Nips are actually from the US. Produced by Nestle

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Re: Nips

I’m surprised they sell in the US with that name!

• rainingumbrella posted on November 9, 2010 at 5:06 am

LOL Nips! Singapore looks amazing, and the weather sounds absolutely perfect! I hope it’ll still be like that when I go… Haha off to check the weather now 😛

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 12:58 pm

V v happy with the weather right now.. as normally its sweltering and I was worried cos I’m warmer than normal. But nope, gorgeous weather, hurray!

• oh_ayana posted on November 9, 2010 at 5:29 am

omg I too love the bathroom! It looks amazing.

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 1:02 pm

I’m loving the suite.. it makes the holiday better imho, teehee!

• starbucksweetie posted on November 9, 2010 at 3:13 am

Nice digs!

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I was surprised, but at least it’s a nice surprise, heh

• tiffanyx posted on November 9, 2010 at 3:26 am

the bathroom’s like a good sized bedroom by itself!!

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 12:51 pm

I love big bathrooms, it feels decadent 🙂

• irene82 posted on November 9, 2010 at 3:44 am

We have Nips here too! Always makes me laugh everytime I see it! 😛

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 12:53 pm

I don’t think I could buy and eat em without giggling 😉

• babyflite posted on November 9, 2010 at 11:57 am

Boo that I’m not in Singapore! 🙁

Mmm I love the cheese sausage wrapped in prata, must have it with mayo and chilli sauce though!

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 1:04 pm

I know!! Would be so cool if we could hang out here.. and my parents are also in AU to boot, what crap timing, heh.

We had it with those sauces too, it’s yummmmmmm :)~

• Anonymous posted on November 9, 2010 at 3:59 am

Nips

Nips are actually from the US. Produced by Nestle

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Re: Nips

I’m surprised they sell in the US with that name!

• joni_to0622 posted on November 9, 2010 at 12:02 pm

wow the room is so spacious and I love the view from your room too! 🙂

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 1:05 pm

We very rarely stay in suites so I’m appreciating every second of it, heh!

• rainingumbrella posted on November 9, 2010 at 5:06 am

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 12:58 pm

• oh_ayana posted on November 9, 2010 at 5:29 am

omg I too love the bathroom! It looks amazing.

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 1:02 pm

I’m loving the suite.. it makes the holiday better imho, teehee!

• babyflite posted on November 9, 2010 at 11:57 am

Boo that I’m not in Singapore! 🙁

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 1:04 pm

We had it with those sauces too, it’s yummmmmmm :)~

• joni_to0622 posted on November 9, 2010 at 12:02 pm

wow the room is so spacious and I love the view from your room too! 🙂

• beverly posted on November 9, 2010 at 1:05 pm

We very rarely stay in suites so I’m appreciating every second of it, heh!

• weelisa posted on November 9, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Wow! I’ve always wanted to stay in the Raffles Hotel (made famous by the stories of Someset Maugham – such a symbol of the British Raj) – but I’d settle for the Town Club!

P.S. I had no idea NIP was a bad word!

• beverly posted on November 10, 2010 at 2:12 am

Yeah that’s just way too $$ , we couldn’t afford to stay there for a whole week 😛

• rubytues posted on November 10, 2010 at 3:05 am

(catching up)

Happy Belated birthday, and I LOVE the new bag. It’s very different from the others you sold, I can see why you wanted it. Congrats on selling off the items you did so easily and quickly, I look forward to seeing what else will be sold next. You’re quite correct that while nursing and carrying a newborn around you won’t need or want most of those things.

The hotel suite is lovely, nice that you got to get away and relax as well as to shop for baby items in more than once place.

• beverly posted on November 10, 2010 at 11:12 am

Thank you for the bday wishes sweetie!

It’s been lovely relaxing in the suite and the pool.. and much needed ‘cos been going crazy shopping around SIngapore too, hehe

• weelisa posted on November 9, 2010 at 11:26 pm

P.S. I had no idea NIP was a bad word!

• beverly posted on November 10, 2010 at 2:12 am

• nakedpetals posted on November 10, 2010 at 10:04 am

oOoo wee! WOW VERY nice place your staying!

• beverly posted on November 10, 2010 at 11:22 am

Having lots of fun… and nice to have warm weather before Shanghai descends into winter, brrr!

• rubytues posted on November 10, 2010 at 3:05 am

(catching up)

• beverly posted on November 10, 2010 at 11:12 am

Thank you for the bday wishes sweetie!

• vamprila posted on November 10, 2010 at 2:19 pm

share your buys!!! =D

• nakedpetals posted on November 10, 2010 at 10:04 am

oOoo wee! WOW VERY nice place your staying!

• beverly posted on November 10, 2010 at 11:22 am

• vamprila posted on November 10, 2010 at 2:19 pm

share your buys!!! =D

• Anonymous posted on December 15, 2010 at 4:54 pm

You know I used to love reading your blog and seeing your general love/zest for life but I must say the number of comments about how CRAP you seem to be finding China is getting slightly MUCH now. 😐 Not to mention quite offensive for readers that may originate from the Mainland.

• beverly posted on December 16, 2010 at 1:51 am

China isn’t “CRAP” so that’s quite a blanket statement to make :X Sure, it has it’s cons just like any other country, but it has a lot of pros too.

• Anonymous posted on December 15, 2010 at 4:54 pm