Chris, FOOD, Uncategorized CHRIS’ HOMEMADE GUINNESS & STEAK PIES 23 November 2010

I got home from work and stepped in the front door, and Chris greeted me with a proud grin. The whole place smelled awesome because he was making….. Guinness and Steak Pies for dinner!!

Needless to say, I was completely blown away 🙂

He’d made up the Guinness and steak stew 2-3 hours prior so it was all really tender and full of flavour, so all that needed to be done was to cut out discs of puff pastry to make the pies, and dollop in the stew. And voila! Man, THEY WERE GOOD. Not being biased or anything. Puff pastry is one of my favourite foods in the world, and the beef was just so so tender. It was all kinds of fantastic.

I savored every bite because after a whole day at work, it’s utterly indescribable how nice it is to step through the door and have dinner lovingly cooked. It was like 1/3 part yummy food, 2/3 part LOVE 🙂

Most impressively, he did every single thing himself, and without a recipe! Remember when we were at Cookyn with Mervyn a few weeks ago in Singapore? He basically based it on that and amended it to the ingredients he had at hand. Very clever 😛

Thank you for the wonderful home-cooked meal hon!! It was almost as tasty as you are 🙂

Guinness and steak stew after cooking for 2-3 hours

Our pies, packed into Chinese bowls cos we didn’t have proper pie pans, lol

Warm, delicious, and filled with love. Much like my husband 🙂

• carorules posted on November 23, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Aww that’s so thoughtful of him! looks delicious too!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2010 at 12:47 am

It’s the nicest way to come home from work…. hee!

• joni_to0622 posted on November 23, 2010 at 5:52 pm

I just made a huge portion of stewed beef in chu hou sauce, I let the beef cooked for more than 2 hours and the beef was so tender! I just had two huge portions with steamed white rice!! 🙂

Chris is such a good husband uh! 😉 I never had guinness and steak pies before, but they look good!

• ourownact posted on November 23, 2010 at 10:53 pm

oh wow! thats so sweet, and the pie looks aweesomely yum!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2010 at 1:03 am

He’s got loads of brownie points with this one, hee!

• marmalade81 posted on November 23, 2010 at 11:08 pm

that looks really yummy!!! good job Chris!!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2010 at 1:05 am

So impressed, now I’m waiting for more awesome stuff to appear on our dining table….. 😛

• carorules posted on November 23, 2010 at 3:45 pm

Aww that’s so thoughtful of him! looks delicious too!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2010 at 12:47 am

It’s the nicest way to come home from work…. hee!

• starbucksweetie posted on November 24, 2010 at 12:07 am

What a thoughtful husband!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2010 at 9:31 am

it was very sweet of him… dinner was awesome 🙂

• madmoneymonkey posted on November 24, 2010 at 1:27 am

Yaaay, so happy to be part of the inspiration! That’s what it’s all about, Chris gets A+!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2010 at 9:43 am

Haha yeah, I was impressed! So thanks to Cookyn, I get a nice meal.. lol

• joni_to0622 posted on November 23, 2010 at 5:52 pm

• rainingumbrella posted on November 24, 2010 at 2:00 am

Aww, he’s so sweet! And from memory, too; that’s impressive 😉

• beverly posted on November 24, 2010 at 9:43 am

He’s a very good good, teehee.. want more now!

• ze_succubus posted on November 24, 2010 at 2:45 am

I just made them last weekend with garlic mash … now I wanna get puff pastry, darn it 🙂

• beverly posted on November 24, 2010 at 9:47 am

Oooh garlic mash is good too.

I love puff pastry with anything, its so yum!!

• ourownact posted on November 23, 2010 at 10:53 pm

oh wow! thats so sweet, and the pie looks aweesomely yum!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2010 at 1:03 am

He’s got loads of brownie points with this one, hee!

• marmalade81 posted on November 23, 2010 at 11:08 pm

that looks really yummy!!! good job Chris!!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2010 at 1:05 am

• starbucksweetie posted on November 24, 2010 at 12:07 am

What a thoughtful husband!

• beverly posted on November 24, 2010 at 9:31 am

it was very sweet of him… dinner was awesome 🙂

• madmoneymonkey posted on November 24, 2010 at 1:27 am

• beverly posted on November 24, 2010 at 9:43 am

Haha yeah, I was impressed! So thanks to Cookyn, I get a nice meal.. lol

• rainingumbrella posted on November 24, 2010 at 2:00 am

Aww, he’s so sweet! And from memory, too; that’s impressive 😉

• beverly posted on November 24, 2010 at 9:43 am

He’s a very good good, teehee.. want more now!

• ze_succubus posted on November 24, 2010 at 2:45 am

• beverly posted on November 24, 2010 at 9:47 am

Oooh garlic mash is good too.

I love puff pastry with anything, its so yum!!