Pregnancy, Uncategorized BABY SUPPLIES BUYING = DONE! 19 November 2010

The great thing about our Singapore holiday was that we got everything we need for our impending Baby-dom. Thank goodness for Singapore! Cheaper prices than in China and more access to quality brands. We’re basically not buying anything from China because products get recalled all the time and often have high levels of lead/toxins/etc as well as just being dodgily-made in general (for the local stuff). Our other parent-friends have all gone overseas to Singapore or Australia to stock up, so we followed suit!

I didn’t take photos of everything because it’s a bit pointless, and nobody’s interested. Except maybe my soon-to-be-mommy friends πŸ˜› So if you are, you can drop me a line to discuss baby stuff buying escapades together!

We got some super cute stuff online though πŸ˜› But we’re no longer buying anything else since we’re pretty much set now. We don’t have a nursery, sadly, because we’ve just got a 2-bedroom apartment and both sets of parents will be here for 1 month each, which means they’ll be sleeping in the spare bedroom. So we’ll put the cot in our bedroom instead and then convert the spare bedroom into the nursery after both our parents have flown back home. It’s going to be madness with so many people squished into one small apartment (with one being a screaming baby)… so early-2011 is going to be a very interesting time indeed πŸ˜‰

SUPER CUTE!

Drooly bib

Fisher Price newborn-to-toddler rocker

Star Trek onesie from ThinkGeek

Nomnomnom bib from ThinkGeek

Kangaroo costume!!! To be worn when we bring him on his first trip to Australia πŸ™‚

Aaannnddd.. a big lot of adorable baby clothes from Chris’ mum! πŸ™‚

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• tiffanyx posted on November 19, 2010 at 3:57 am

i think the Fisher Price newborn-to-toddler rocker is a good buy!

the Kangaroo costume is oozing with utter cuteness! it even got its own JOEY!

• beverly posted on November 19, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Yeah, it’s cute how it converts.. makes it more value for money, hehe

• irene82 posted on November 19, 2010 at 4:14 am

The kangaroo costume is WIN WIN WIN!

• beverly posted on November 19, 2010 at 1:38 pm

I knoooow i couldn’t resist when I saw it, teehee

• good_lenchik posted on November 19, 2010 at 5:35 am

+1 for kangaroo costume. Can’t wait to se your boy wearing it. Hehehe

• beverly posted on November 19, 2010 at 1:50 pm

It’s for a 1 yr old so will be a lil while, maybe his Halloween costume, hehe

• nycarm posted on November 19, 2010 at 6:56 am

Love the Star Trek onesie! Is it still 7 weeks to go? Feels like you’ve been preggers for aaaages πŸ˜‰

• beverly posted on November 19, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Haha I feel like it’s gone by so quickly, we still clearly remember Wk 7 when we found out!

• wwenzz posted on November 19, 2010 at 7:02 am

It’s getting more and more fun isn’t it?!

I love that Super Cute outfit. Where did you get it from?

• beverly posted on November 19, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Yeah but we’re done now! Dont want to go mad buying and then end up not using clothes etc…

Got it from http://www.wrybaby.com !

• gilraen_girl posted on November 19, 2010 at 7:10 am

Bwahaha at the kangaroo!

Very cute stuff Bev, especially the Trekkie onsie.

Btw, do Singaporeans say “Mommy” rather than “Mummy”, or is that for your US readers? Just curious about the way English is used.

• beverly posted on November 19, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I actually don’t know what SG’eans say (i think both?).. but AU it’s “Mummy” as you prolly already know πŸ˜› I use it interchangably but I guess “mummy” i’d use 80% of the time!

• joni_to0622 posted on November 19, 2010 at 11:34 am

I love that kangaroo outfit! soo cute!! He is gonna be a very cute little one!! πŸ™‚

• beverly posted on November 19, 2010 at 2:22 pm

It was irresistable, heheheh!

• tiffanyx posted on November 19, 2010 at 3:57 am

i think the Fisher Price newborn-to-toddler rocker is a good buy!

the Kangaroo costume is oozing with utter cuteness! it even got its own JOEY!

• beverly posted on November 19, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Yeah, it’s cute how it converts.. makes it more value for money, hehe

• irene82 posted on November 19, 2010 at 4:14 am

The kangaroo costume is WIN WIN WIN!

• beverly posted on November 19, 2010 at 1:38 pm

I knoooow i couldn’t resist when I saw it, teehee

• good_lenchik posted on November 19, 2010 at 5:35 am

+1 for kangaroo costume. Can’t wait to se your boy wearing it. Hehehe

• beverly posted on November 19, 2010 at 1:50 pm

It’s for a 1 yr old so will be a lil while, maybe his Halloween costume, hehe

• nycarm posted on November 19, 2010 at 6:56 am

• beverly posted on November 19, 2010 at 1:58 pm

• wwenzz posted on November 19, 2010 at 7:02 am

It’s getting more and more fun isn’t it?!

I love that Super Cute outfit. Where did you get it from?

• beverly posted on November 19, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Got it from http://www.wrybaby.com !

• gilraen_girl posted on November 19, 2010 at 7:10 am

Bwahaha at the kangaroo!

Very cute stuff Bev, especially the Trekkie onsie.

• beverly posted on November 19, 2010 at 2:15 pm

• carorules posted on November 19, 2010 at 3:22 pm

Aww those are all so cute!! I find baby boy clothes so much cuter than baby girl.. Maybe it’s cuz I’m not crazy about the color pink?! πŸ˜›

• beverly posted on November 20, 2010 at 7:51 am

You’re one of the few that say that! I love the lil boy overalls tho..they’re tres adorable πŸ™‚

• carorules posted on November 20, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Yeah I’m kind of different πŸ˜‰

Baby girl clothes are still super cute, but I always find myself looking at the boy outfits more!

• joni_to0622 posted on November 19, 2010 at 11:34 am

• beverly posted on November 19, 2010 at 2:22 pm

It was irresistable, heheheh!

• finding_tricia posted on November 19, 2010 at 8:58 pm

i think chris’ mum is just plain excited to be a grandparent as much as you guys are so excited about having your own child! nice baby clothing btw!

• beverly posted on November 20, 2010 at 7:53 am

Yeah, she’s v nice and has good taste!
      It’s Chris’ parents’ first grand child as well… πŸ™‚

• carorules posted on November 19, 2010 at 3:22 pm

• beverly posted on November 20, 2010 at 7:51 am

• carorules posted on November 20, 2010 at 1:30 pm

Yeah I’m kind of different πŸ˜‰

• starbucksweetie posted on November 20, 2010 at 12:54 am

I love the kangaroo costume

• beverly posted on November 20, 2010 at 7:56 am

I reckon it’s perfect for him to wear when we go visit Australia, heh

• finding_tricia posted on November 19, 2010 at 8:58 pm

• beverly posted on November 20, 2010 at 7:53 am

Yeah, she’s v nice and has good taste!
      It’s Chris’ parents’ first grand child as well… πŸ™‚

• Anonymous posted on November 20, 2010 at 7:51 am

oh nooo! I bought a few for you in France too, soon on their way!

• beverly posted on November 20, 2010 at 7:58 am

Oooo they’ll be different tho and French baby clothes are totally adorable! Thanks so much hon πŸ™‚

• Anonymous posted on November 20, 2010 at 10:10 am

do I send them to your office or different address?
        Btw Arthur’s got the super cute + cape onesie in blue and star trek in yellow… Geek daddy’s boys?

• beverly posted on November 21, 2010 at 2:31 am

Office is ok πŸ™‚

Awww bet he looks adorable in it. Haha I think they will have quite similar clothes if Manu and Chris are both picking them out!

• starbucksweetie posted on November 20, 2010 at 12:54 am

I love the kangaroo costume

• beverly posted on November 20, 2010 at 7:56 am

I reckon it’s perfect for him to wear when we go visit Australia, heh

• babyrussell posted on November 20, 2010 at 2:45 pm

LOVE the ‘roo and the drooly bib!!

• beverly posted on November 21, 2010 at 2:26 am

Heh I can’t wait to dress him up in it all πŸ˜›

• Anonymous posted on November 20, 2010 at 7:51 am

oh nooo! I bought a few for you in France too, soon on their way!

• beverly posted on November 20, 2010 at 7:58 am

• Anonymous posted on November 20, 2010 at 10:10 am

do I send them to your office or different address?

• beverly posted on November 21, 2010 at 2:31 am

Office is ok πŸ™‚

• babyrussell posted on November 20, 2010 at 2:45 pm

LOVE the ‘roo and the drooly bib!!

• beverly posted on November 21, 2010 at 2:26 am

Heh I can’t wait to dress him up in it all πŸ˜›

• Anonymous posted on November 22, 2010 at 8:35 am

Hi! I’m Steph… Glad to hear u r pregnant! I’ve been following ur blog off and on for the past few years, got married about 2mths after u.. and now I’m preggers too… due in April!!! The in-laws r coming from SG to Perth (where we stay) for a month and will be taking up our spare bedroom too! So can identify with u being nursery-less in the first month or so but at least my parents live in the same city, which means we’ll have a smaller party under the same roof. Anyway, excited for u! =)

• beverly posted on November 22, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Awww double congratulations to you Steph, that’s so exciting!! 2011 is gonna be a big year for us.. hehe

• Anonymous posted on November 22, 2010 at 8:35 am

• beverly posted on November 22, 2010 at 1:50 pm

• eveline7 posted on November 25, 2010 at 10:45 am

Aww so cute !!!
    The Kangaroo costume is simply awsome ^^ !

• eveline7 posted on November 25, 2010 at 10:45 am

Aww so cute !!!
    The Kangaroo costume is simply awsome ^^ !