Pregnancy, Uncategorized PREGNANCY: 4D ULTRASOUNDS FTW! 11 October 2010

I was soooo irrationally worried about my prenatal glucose test for Gestational Diabetes this week, because I’d heard of a lot of women that failed and had diabetes during pregnancy. It’s not that bad to have it, and rather common, but there is the potential for complications and you need to change your diet to suit it (eek!) so I was nervous as hell in the past few days leading up to it..

We got to the maternity hospital and I had to down half-a-cup of glucose in one go. Bleuuurgghhhh. Then had to survive on no water for an hour (very difficult for a hydrophile like me) to see if my body could break down all that sugar normally.

The good news is – I got the all clear – NO gestational diabetes *whew*.

During the hour of waiting, to kill time, they let us have another ultrasound, yayyyy!!! I love our hospital. Normally you pay for ultrasounds and the package only comes with a set number included, but so far, they’ve done an ultrasound for us at every single visit (!!) – which they don’t have to and which we are so grateful for, because it’s such a wonderful feeling seeing your baby on the screen 🙂

This time, it was a 4D ultrasound again, which is heaps more fun than the regular version since the baby is in 3D and moves in real time as well. They double-checked the gender (yes, still a boy!) and we watched him wriggle. And boy, did he MOVE! The sugar hit I had also hit him, and he was jumping and bopping around so much my stomach was constantly moving. He was stretching and waving his arms, jiggling/bouncing his legs and fiddling with his face and umbilical cord, scrunching up his face and turning this way and that. It was beyond cute 😛

Lil Mr Pouty Pants

Yes he has crazy-long/thin fingers, ‘cos Chris and I both do!

• littlemisskeira posted on October 11, 2010 at 1:25 am

Wow… I must say this is one amazing journey for you and Chris.. enjoy the ride and your boy is tres cute!! 😀

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:47 am

I gotta say it’s so much fun being pregnant.. but can’t wait to meet him! 🙂

• carorules posted on October 11, 2010 at 1:26 am

Aww so cute!!!

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:50 am

Hee it was tres cool seeing him wriggle and pull faces 😛

• ikedee posted on October 11, 2010 at 1:29 am

awwww!!!! so kawaii!

have you both got a name for him?

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:50 am

Yeah we do 🙂 We decided pretty early on and both loved the name, so whew!

• oh_ayana posted on October 11, 2010 at 2:10 am

Amazing!!

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:56 am

Yeah, we’re always gawping whenever we get our ultrasound.. I never knew they could be so interesting, lol!

• jzlyn posted on October 11, 2010 at 2:20 am

I think the 3D/4D scans are cool but (if you don’t mind me saying) they make the baby looks a little bit alien-y KWIM? 🙂

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:45 am

Ohh your clinic doesn’t offer ’em for you whenever you go? I love them, it feels/looks a crapload more real than the black & white 2D ones, which I can’t really seem to relate to, lol – I think it’s fab actually being able to see the baby’s facial expressions and movement 🙂

• jzlyn posted on October 11, 2010 at 9:32 am

Yup 3d/4d shows way more details. I’ll remember to ask my doc about it this Friday. I don’t think it’s the norm here in HK, plus I am with a small private practice not sure if he has it at his clinic 🙁

• pishako posted on October 11, 2010 at 2:38 am

his side profile seemed to resemble chris!

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:45 am

Haha I so have to tell him, he’ll be most pleased 😛

• claypot posted on October 11, 2010 at 10:20 am

I came to say the same thing! He looks like Chris already. Are you naming him Chris?

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Heh Chris was very with both yoru comments 😛 Nah not naming our baby Chris!

• finding_tricia posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:41 am

woah to technology!

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:57 am

My parents said they didn’t get those 3/4D scans, so i’m glad they have that technology now! Imagine in 20 years how clear the scans would be…

• littlemisskeira posted on October 11, 2010 at 1:25 am

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:47 am

I gotta say it’s so much fun being pregnant.. but can’t wait to meet him! 🙂

• carorules posted on October 11, 2010 at 1:26 am

Aww so cute!!!

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:50 am

Hee it was tres cool seeing him wriggle and pull faces 😛

• ikedee posted on October 11, 2010 at 1:29 am

awwww!!!! so kawaii!

have you both got a name for him?

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:50 am

Yeah we do 🙂 We decided pretty early on and both loved the name, so whew!

• rainingumbrella posted on October 11, 2010 at 9:59 am

Holy crap that’s AMAZING! Sucks that you had to do that test though. Half a cup of glucose sounds icky.

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Yeah it’s just crazy how far technology has come!

• oh_ayana posted on October 11, 2010 at 2:10 am

Amazing!!

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:56 am

• jzlyn posted on October 11, 2010 at 2:20 am

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:45 am

• jzlyn posted on October 11, 2010 at 9:32 am

• pishako posted on October 11, 2010 at 2:38 am

his side profile seemed to resemble chris!

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:45 am

Haha I so have to tell him, he’ll be most pleased 😛

• claypot posted on October 11, 2010 at 10:20 am

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Heh Chris was very with both yoru comments 😛 Nah not naming our baby Chris!

• cenedrah posted on October 11, 2010 at 2:11 pm

I was also about to say, from the ulstrasound at least, he seems to resemble Chris a fair bit!
    That’s adorable and how wonderful for you to experience such a beautiful personal journey like this.

• beverly posted on October 12, 2010 at 2:33 am

Chris is quite delighted that people think so… teehee! 🙂

• j0s1e267 posted on October 11, 2010 at 3:10 pm

YAY to no GD!!!! Your little one looks so cute in the pouty pic!! Bet you can’t wait to meet him!

• beverly posted on October 12, 2010 at 2:38 am

I know… whew! I know it’s not that bad to get it, but I’m still relieved.. Still, better be careful what I eat anyhow..!

• emmakins888 posted on October 11, 2010 at 3:29 pm

He’s looking mighty comfy there!

I understand what 3D means but what’s the 4th dimension?

• beverly posted on October 12, 2010 at 2:39 am

Time! So you see him move in real time

• claypot posted on October 12, 2010 at 7:24 am

Ermmmm that’s what the whole point of ultrasounds are – that they are real-time! How gimmicky to call it 4D!

• madmoneymonkey posted on October 11, 2010 at 3:49 pm

OMG! That is Chris right there!! Cannot believe the resemblance!!!!
    You should take a pic of pouty Chris and put it side by side. The resemblance is uncanny!

• beverly posted on October 12, 2010 at 2:42 am

Hee people keep saying that.. I’m glad he looks like Chris, don’t want a girly-looking boy, bwahahah!

• finding_tricia posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:41 am

woah to technology!

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 8:57 am

• rainingumbrella posted on October 11, 2010 at 9:59 am

• beverly posted on October 11, 2010 at 1:40 pm

Yeah it’s just crazy how far technology has come!

• sydneyfoodie posted on October 11, 2010 at 7:27 pm

I’m with the others. The side profile is very like Chris. 🙂

• beverly posted on October 12, 2010 at 2:42 am

He’s most pleased about this, ROFL!! i LOVE that he has a nosebridge, like Chris 😉

• cenedrah posted on October 11, 2010 at 2:11 pm

• beverly posted on October 12, 2010 at 2:33 am

Chris is quite delighted that people think so… teehee! 🙂

• j0s1e267 posted on October 11, 2010 at 3:10 pm

• beverly posted on October 12, 2010 at 2:38 am

• emmakins888 posted on October 11, 2010 at 3:29 pm

He’s looking mighty comfy there!

I understand what 3D means but what’s the 4th dimension?

• beverly posted on October 12, 2010 at 2:39 am

Time! So you see him move in real time

• claypot posted on October 12, 2010 at 7:24 am

• madmoneymonkey posted on October 11, 2010 at 3:49 pm

OMG! That is Chris right there!! Cannot believe the resemblance!!!!

• beverly posted on October 12, 2010 at 2:42 am

• sydneyfoodie posted on October 11, 2010 at 7:27 pm

I’m with the others. The side profile is very like Chris. 🙂

• beverly posted on October 12, 2010 at 2:42 am

• babyflite posted on October 12, 2010 at 4:52 am

My first though was that he looks like Chris! But thanks to you he’s not gonna be a ginger. 😉

Anyway I need your address hun so I can send you a pressie for the bub.

• beverly posted on October 12, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Better he looks like Chris than like me, dont want a girly lookin boy, haha!
      Ooh will email ya

• babyflite posted on October 12, 2010 at 4:52 am

Anyway I need your address hun so I can send you a pressie for the bub.

• beverly posted on October 12, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Better he looks like Chris than like me, dont want a girly lookin boy, haha!
      Ooh will email ya

• Anonymous posted on October 15, 2010 at 9:38 am

lucky you don’t have gestational diabetes, hour rah! that was the worst bit of my pregnancy

• beverly posted on October 16, 2010 at 11:24 am