Birthdays, Meme quizzes, Uncategorized HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME :) 31 October 2010

“It’s my BIRTHDAY and I’ll be a……………. gamer nerd if I want to!”

One year older, none the wiser. Just kidding! Hopefully a wee bit wiser. First birthday celebrated whilst pregnant, which is all quite novel to me 😛 I’m glad I’m feeling OK still (starting to feel a bit heavier due to giant belly, but not yet at the end where I’m just too big to move), so I can enjoy and celebrate my birthday in full 🙂 Fortunately this year, it falls on a weekend…. which means that I get a… birthday weekend celebration! *does the happy chicken dance*

More about that later. For now, it’s Chris’ present, which I requested a month ago when he was on a business trip (so he could get duty free prices). The NINTENDO DSI!!!!

Been considering it for awhile as I wanted a gaming console, and was tossing up between PSP or the Nintendo DSi. The latter is way more suited for me. The PSP is good and excellent for the hardcore gamer, but the DSi is a lot more versatile, has cuter and more varied games. I *adore* it. On the downside, we are fully obsessed with it now. Yes, Chris is too.. so it’s like a birthday present to both of us 😉

He is obsessed with Pokemon Diamond, and I am unhealthily obsessed with Dragon Quest IX. OMG THE GAME IS SO GOOD I COULD SCREAM!!!! I’ve clocked up so many hours of gameplay already, and if you ever wanna find me, just look for the girl with her nose buried in her Nintendo DSi 😉 I also love the Zelda games on it ‘cos I can *swoosh* my sword at enemies by swiping the touch screen with my pen – cripes it’s so much fun!!!!

I’ve also decided that it’s a great ‘investment’ for when I’m in labour… since that goes on for hours and sometimes days, it’ll keep me occupied 😛 Plus, when I’m breastfeeding later, I can play it to keep myself occupied too, hehe.

Most awesome birthday present. Thank you honey!

• uglychocolate posted on October 30, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Happy, happy birthday to you! What a great present! Did Chris buy one for himself, or do you have to share? I hope you have a wonderful birthday weekend. 🙂

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:06 am

Thank you hon! He bought me one so we are sharing for now, heh

• tiffanyx posted on October 30, 2010 at 4:33 pm

happy birthday bev!! <3<3

i see you have cooking mama! i love it!

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:08 am

Hehe it is soooo cute. Didn’t know you had a DSi too!

• tiffanyx posted on October 31, 2010 at 6:32 am

oh nopes i dun have DSi! im playing cooking mama on iphone!

• funkybrewsta posted on October 30, 2010 at 4:38 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ahahaa, I love my DS (I don’t need a DSi so much) because it’s pink with flowers. I’m so girly lol. I’m def a Pokemon fiend like Chris, but I have the Cooking Mama games too and more. TBH, I thought he bought you an iPad lol

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:10 am

Awww cute, yours sounds adorable!
      Nah, I don’t really like the iPad, I find it too redundant :

• hystericallemur posted on October 30, 2010 at 5:37 pm

If you like sandbox games, try Animal Crossing: Wild World. It’s an old game but it’s terribly addictive. Besides, the seasons change in real time! XD I recommend Professor Layton: The Unwound Future if you’re in the mood for puzzle-solving and Super Scribblenauts for sheer, crazy fun. 8) (I’ve got the DSi XL because I have elderly eyes and need a bigger screen. Heh. Will you be getting an arty-farty/girly-cute/nerdy-cool GelaSkin for your console too? 😉 )

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:12 am

Oooh yes I heard so much about Animal Crossing and I have it, but not keen on it for some reason!! I adore Dragon Quest and Zelda 🙂

Chris really likes Professor Layton. I’ve heard of Scribblenauts – is it pretty similar??

• hystericallemur posted on October 31, 2010 at 4:40 am

Looks like you prefer RPG games. 8)

I’m addicted to Animal Crossing partly because I like sandbox games (basically highly customizable games with goals you set yourself instead of predetermined levels to overcome) and partly because, since I’m in Singapore, there’s no way to experience the seasons. But with my game, I can! Right now, I enjoy seeing the trees turn beautiful autumnal golds and browns in my game. 8D But I already miss all the insects and fish I could catch in summer. Ah, there’s next year to look forward to. (It’s horribly addictive when you think in terms of “next year to look forward to”, isn’t it. XD)

I see, Chris likes to give his brain a workout! Professor Layton is the only DS game I’ve convinced my husband and kid to play. (They’re not gamers but they like puzzles.)

Scribblenauts had weak navigational controls that every reviewer complained about. Remember to get Super Scribblenauts instead because it’s the new and improved version.

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 8:16 am

Yeah I think RPG is for me.. or the cutesy kiddie games 😛

Chris does like the ‘thinking’ games like Layton, and of course POkemon. though he’s waiting for me to finish with Dragon Quest so he can play it too 😛

• ichabunni posted on October 30, 2010 at 8:23 pm

i loved my DS when i first got it, but now i have to admit it’s gotten a bit boring to me… i only play it when there is new game out (most recently being dragon quest 9!) but yeah there are many great games out there. if you need some recs let me know!

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:16 am

Heh I am so obsessed with the game. Do you like Zelda too? It’s so much fun! I actually also like the kiddy games like My Baby 2, Winx, etc.. and of course, the Mario/Sonic ones 🙂

• ragdollstitches posted on October 30, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Happy birthday! 😀

I love the colour of the DS, very cool present!

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:19 am

Yesssss my fave colour!!! It’s the only DSi colour I liked 😛

• islegrl posted on October 30, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Happy Birthday, Mama! Hope you have an awesome day! I love Nintendo DSi, Cooking Mama & Animal Crossing are my favorites! If you love this, you should try getting the Wii. It’s even more addicting! XD

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:21 am

I was thinking of getting the Wii too, but it’s not portable! We also have an Xbox and never use it.. oops…

• silentphrases posted on October 31, 2010 at 12:05 am

Happy birthday!
    Awesome present! I’m afraid that if I get one, I’ll become addicted!

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:23 am

I was worried to and it’s true, I AM addicted, hahaha!

• claypot posted on October 31, 2010 at 12:16 am

What? A gaming console? Why I never! I would never have picked you out as a gamer. Wel, I don’t know anything about games. I also did not realise they come with cameras! Happy birthday!

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:24 am

Hee I don’t do PC games cos I find them even MORE addictive (used to be crazy over Kings Quest games when I was in high school).. but these small consoles are so cute and more fun for me 🙂 I love it!

• uglychocolate posted on October 30, 2010 at 4:30 pm

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:06 am

Thank you hon! He bought me one so we are sharing for now, heh

• tiffanyx posted on October 30, 2010 at 4:33 pm

happy birthday bev!! <3<3

i see you have cooking mama! i love it!

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:08 am

Hehe it is soooo cute. Didn’t know you had a DSi too!

• tiffanyx posted on October 31, 2010 at 6:32 am

oh nopes i dun have DSi! im playing cooking mama on iphone!

• funkybrewsta posted on October 30, 2010 at 4:38 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:10 am

Awww cute, yours sounds adorable!
      Nah, I don’t really like the iPad, I find it too redundant :

• susyspeed posted on October 31, 2010 at 1:04 am

happy birthday bev!!! i love my nintendo DS especially when traveling. great battery life and once i start playing it feels like my travel time is cut short.

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:26 am

i agree, it’s fab for when you’re out of home.. will be bringing it on the plane for when we go to SG for a holiday next week 🙂

• naughtypanther posted on October 31, 2010 at 1:36 am

hahaha.. that is soooo sweet.. Happy B’day! xx

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:27 am

Thank you hon! 🙂

• hystericallemur posted on October 30, 2010 at 5:37 pm

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:12 am

• hystericallemur posted on October 31, 2010 at 4:40 am

Looks like you prefer RPG games. 8)

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 8:16 am

Yeah I think RPG is for me.. or the cutesy kiddie games 😛

• rainingumbrella posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:17 am

Aww, happy birthday! SO much funnn 😀

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:29 am

Thank you! HoF extravaganza tonight… teehee

• ichabunni posted on October 30, 2010 at 8:23 pm

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:16 am

• good_lenchik posted on October 31, 2010 at 5:13 am

Happy birthday, hon! Stay healthy and happy :)) Will see ya in a few hours in HoF. I even did 8K run today to burn the compensate calories I gonna eat tonight :)) Kisses and hugs!!!

PS: BTW it’s 1 year since I know you 🙂

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 8:17 am

Looking forward to see you sweetie! This week is not healthy week for me, I guess I will start next week haha.

Wow… can’t believe a year has already passed… 🙂

• ragdollstitches posted on October 30, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Happy birthday! 😀

I love the colour of the DS, very cool present!

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:19 am

Yesssss my fave colour!!! It’s the only DSi colour I liked 😛

• magdalyn posted on October 31, 2010 at 7:25 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEV!! ♥

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 8:17 am

Thanks hon!!

• islegrl posted on October 30, 2010 at 11:47 pm

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:21 am

• silentphrases posted on October 31, 2010 at 12:05 am

Happy birthday!
    Awesome present! I’m afraid that if I get one, I’ll become addicted!

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:23 am

I was worried to and it’s true, I AM addicted, hahaha!

• claypot posted on October 31, 2010 at 12:16 am

• beverly posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:24 am

• 8balldecline posted on October 31, 2010 at 8:20 am

happy birthday!

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 12:24 am

Thank ya hon!

• Anonymous posted on October 31, 2010 at 9:04 am

You have to get Super Mario World and Mario Kart. And Chris DEFINITELY has to get one so you can link up and play against each other. It’s GREAT fun.

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 12:26 am

I actually like Mario Party best of the 3, forgot to tell you last night!

Mario World has me in a panic (can’t handle those sorta action games) and Kart bores me after awhile:P I’d love to play Dragon Quest with Chris but we’re scared of getting addicted if we get a 2nd one, lol

• susyspeed posted on October 31, 2010 at 1:04 am

• 8balldecline posted on October 31, 2010 at 8:20 am

happy birthday!

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 12:24 am

Thank ya hon!

• Anonymous posted on October 31, 2010 at 9:04 am

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 12:26 am

I actually like Mario Party best of the 3, forgot to tell you last night!

• linklist posted on October 31, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Happy Birthday to you!

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 12:30 am

Thanks sweetie 🙂

• oo_mimi_oo posted on October 31, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Happy birthday beverly!!! I love DS too! 🙂

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 12:30 am

Can’t believe it took me THISLONG to discover them! Sooo addicted, haha

• ze_succubus posted on November 1, 2010 at 12:16 am

Birthday Wishes 😛

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 9:35 am

• absolut posted on November 1, 2010 at 2:25 am

Happy Birthday! It might be a belated greeting with the time zones and all but still 🙂

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 9:36 am

Hee thanks hon!

• linklist posted on October 31, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Happy Birthday to you!

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 12:30 am

Thanks sweetie 🙂

• wwenzz posted on November 1, 2010 at 4:42 am

Happy birthday, Beverly!

I saw a condo named after you at Toh Tuck Road!

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 9:36 am

Haha coooool, we should live there!

• miecheong posted on November 1, 2010 at 5:53 am

Birthday

Happy Birthday Beverly!

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 9:21 am

Re: Birthday

Thanks sweetie!

• oh_ayana posted on November 1, 2010 at 7:02 am

Happy Birthday Bev!
    That blue is gorgeous!! I Have a white DS hehe and I LOVE PROFESSOR LAYTON!!! Phoenix Wright is also pretty good!

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 9:37 am

Chris loves that game, he likes working out his brain lol. I’m obsessed with Dragon Quest IX tho!

• nakedpetals posted on November 1, 2010 at 7:49 am

I <3 my Dsi. I <3 Super Mario and cooking Mama :D

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 9:37 am

New Super Mario has fab graphics! I wanna get the Mario and Luigi: bowser’s war now.. heard it’s good 🙂

• ze_succubus posted on November 1, 2010 at 12:16 am

Birthday Wishes 😛

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 9:35 am

• absolut posted on November 1, 2010 at 2:25 am

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 9:36 am

Hee thanks hon!

• babyflite posted on November 1, 2010 at 11:29 am

And who was it who used to call the rest of us geeky for playing computer games? :p

• beverly posted on November 2, 2010 at 2:28 am

Heheh this is different cos it’s handheld and cute *nods*

• wwenzz posted on November 1, 2010 at 4:42 am

Happy birthday, Beverly!

I saw a condo named after you at Toh Tuck Road!

• beverly posted on November 1, 2010 at 9:36 am

Haha coooool, we should live there!

• miecheong posted on November 1, 2010 at 5:53 am