Pregnancy, Uncategorized (PRE)PUSH PRESENT 21 September 2010

This is our funny little story about the conception.

Obviously not going into the details so if you’re after some juicy stuff, *ahem*… go look somewhere else πŸ˜‰

But, back when we were deciding to “just let nature take its course and see if God wanted us to fall pregnant”, Chris decided to buy me a Push Present. OK, the husband is meant to buy the wife the push present AFTER she’s pushed the baby out, but we were a little over-eager, so it’s kinda a Pre-push Present I guess, LOL! We wanted something that I’d never take off, much like our wedding rings.

And so, we decided on a jade bangle. I’ve been tossing up the idea of getting one ever since we moved to China anyway, because it’s just soooo Asian to have a jade bangle! I really like jade but never managed to get a bangle because of my tiny wrist (needed to buy children-size bangles and the quality isn’t always as good as the adult ones).

You know where we ended up buying this particular jade bangle? On our Huangshan holiday….. THE DAY WE CONCEIVED. Hahahhahaha!! OK, a little TMI here. But yes, we backtracked the dates and actually figured it out. How INCREDIBLY co-incidental that we bought the jade bangle as the Push Present, without realising we already had a 2-cell baby at that time πŸ˜‰

So, yes. It’s a very very nice memory and tickles us silly that it was this co-incidental, I mean, how often does stuff like this happen?! It was just meant to be, I guess πŸ˜›

I love the jade bangle we picked out. Its a startling bright green, unlike a lot of the more muted/milky jade bangles that women wear. And I also chose the rounded version, instead of the more modern flattish one in style now. I really wanted the bright green, round version, because it’s really old school.. it reminds me of my grandma because she wore one just like that too. I know now it’s super old-fashion to have the bangle that I chose, but I DON’T like wearing what everyone else is wearing and I specifically liked it because it was old-fashioned and people don’t wear it anymore. It’s more special to me, that way πŸ™‚

I squealed with delight when they managed to dig up a super small-sized one, with a 4.8cm (1.9 inch) diameter. At least now I know what dimension bangle fits on my wrist and can buy stuff online without getting it fitted first! Chris put it on me on the day we made our video announcement.. as he wanted to wait until we got the all-clear from the doctors and announced publicly. It’s not meant to be taken off so I wear it 24/7, hence some of you sharp-eyed people will notice it on me in every photo that shows my left hand (you’re meant to wear it on the left hand so it’s close to your heart – how nice!) in the past few months )

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• pebzz posted on September 21, 2010 at 12:36 am

Awww… That is way so sweet. BB was there all along, just waiting for mommy and daddy to notice.. He is gonna be one lovely fella!!

• beverly posted on September 21, 2010 at 6:01 am

Hee so true.. .it’s just a nice coincidence πŸ™‚

• rainingumbrella posted on September 21, 2010 at 1:22 am

My mom wears one of these! She’s worn it for a loooooong, looooong time, now… It’s one of those faded, white-ish ones you’re talking about though πŸ˜›

• beverly posted on September 21, 2010 at 6:02 am

Most women have that, cos it’s the modern design, hehe. I prefer the old fashion style though!

• starbucksweetie posted on September 21, 2010 at 2:15 am

Pretty!

• beverly posted on September 21, 2010 at 6:02 am

Thanks! I like how I don’t take it off so I’m always accessorised without having to think about it, haha

• ze_succubus posted on September 21, 2010 at 2:34 am

It’s so pretty.

I broke my mom’s jade bangle and her jade earring when I was a kid, oops.

• beverly posted on September 21, 2010 at 6:04 am

Cripes, how’d you break them? Jade is meant to be virtually unbreakable so you must’ve gone to town on it.. hehehe

• tyra8 posted on September 21, 2010 at 5:44 am

Awesome story, Babe πŸ™‚ Glad you found the perfect jade bangle!

• beverly posted on September 21, 2010 at 6:04 am

I was after one when we first moved to Shanghai, so nice to have found one, and as a push present too, heh πŸ™‚

• claypot posted on September 21, 2010 at 8:03 am

I have never heard of a push present. What the hell, I want a pre-anything present now!! Pre-exams! I love jade, I think it’s classic.

• beverly posted on September 21, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Maybe it’s a European thing? not sure..! But it makes sense doesnt it πŸ˜‰

• pebzz posted on September 21, 2010 at 12:36 am

• beverly posted on September 21, 2010 at 6:01 am

Hee so true.. .it’s just a nice coincidence πŸ™‚

• kare2711 posted on September 21, 2010 at 9:12 am

Love your bangle. Very attractive. I almost always zoomed in on it, in your Europe trip.

OTT, but I know how much you love the Shopaholic series. Did you know that there’s a Shopaholic & Baby and fresh out of the oven, Mini Shopaholic? The former should be very apt for you now, although the mini is a girl, but I’m sure you’ll enjoy the book nonetheless!

• kare2711 posted on September 21, 2010 at 9:14 am

Duh, I meant to say, ‘in your Europe trip pictures’.

• beverly posted on September 21, 2010 at 12:43 pm

You have sharp eyes! I was wondering if anyone would notice, hehe.

And ya, I pre-bought that book on Amazon a few weeks ago and it finaaaaally came in today – w00t! Can’t wait to start reading it teehee

• rainingumbrella posted on September 21, 2010 at 1:22 am

• beverly posted on September 21, 2010 at 6:02 am

• starbucksweetie posted on September 21, 2010 at 2:15 am

Pretty!

• beverly posted on September 21, 2010 at 6:02 am

• ze_succubus posted on September 21, 2010 at 2:34 am

It’s so pretty.

I broke my mom’s jade bangle and her jade earring when I was a kid, oops.

• beverly posted on September 21, 2010 at 6:04 am

• kissme2009 posted on September 21, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Pretty!! But in the photos on the entry just below where you’re showing off your bump (the ones where you’re wearing the short blue dress) it looks like the jade bangle is on your RIGHT wrist?!!

• beverly posted on September 22, 2010 at 2:47 am

The photo’s taken in a mirror, hence why the camera is pointing at the mirror to take the photo πŸ˜‰

• kissme2009 posted on September 24, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Oh of course!! Doh!

• tyra8 posted on September 21, 2010 at 5:44 am

Awesome story, Babe πŸ™‚ Glad you found the perfect jade bangle!

• beverly posted on September 21, 2010 at 6:04 am

• claypot posted on September 21, 2010 at 8:03 am

• beverly posted on September 21, 2010 at 12:42 pm

Maybe it’s a European thing? not sure..! But it makes sense doesnt it πŸ˜‰

• tiffanyx posted on September 21, 2010 at 4:14 pm

what a classic present!

• beverly posted on September 22, 2010 at 3:17 am

I know a lot of Asians consider it super ching chong, but I love how oriental it is πŸ˜›

• tiffanyx posted on September 22, 2010 at 12:13 pm

not everyone can pull it off! you did it neatly. πŸ™‚

• j0s1e267 posted on September 21, 2010 at 4:43 pm

How perfect!!!!! Talk about perfect timing! πŸ™‚ It’s really lovely on you! Enjoy your bracelet forever!

• beverly posted on September 22, 2010 at 3:18 am

It was quite funny how coincidental it is, and a nice memory, heh!

• kare2711 posted on September 21, 2010 at 9:12 am

• kare2711 posted on September 21, 2010 at 9:14 am

Duh, I meant to say, ‘in your Europe trip pictures’.

• beverly posted on September 21, 2010 at 12:43 pm

You have sharp eyes! I was wondering if anyone would notice, hehe.

• linklist posted on September 21, 2010 at 7:55 pm

It just came to my mind, that my grandma ever told me to put my jade near my neck, if I get fever. Body heat causes jade to be ripe and get that deep green color. That bangle suits you perfectly. Very Nice!

• beverly posted on September 22, 2010 at 3:19 am

Wow I didn’t know that! I heard that as you wear it, it also changes colour with age – so fun:)

• kissme2009 posted on September 21, 2010 at 12:44 pm

• beverly posted on September 22, 2010 at 2:47 am

• kissme2009 posted on September 24, 2010 at 2:17 pm

Oh of course!! Doh!

• tiffanyx posted on September 21, 2010 at 4:14 pm

what a classic present!

• beverly posted on September 22, 2010 at 3:17 am

• tiffanyx posted on September 22, 2010 at 12:13 pm

not everyone can pull it off! you did it neatly. πŸ™‚

• j0s1e267 posted on September 21, 2010 at 4:43 pm

• beverly posted on September 22, 2010 at 3:18 am

It was quite funny how coincidental it is, and a nice memory, heh!

• linklist posted on September 21, 2010 at 7:55 pm

• beverly posted on September 22, 2010 at 3:19 am

• blueeyezz posted on September 23, 2010 at 12:19 am

So, more of a fertility bracelet it was. πŸ™‚ hehe….

• beverly posted on October 26, 2010 at 1:21 am

LOL!!! I gotta tell Chris that, he’ll love it πŸ˜‰

• blueeyezz posted on September 23, 2010 at 12:19 am

So, more of a fertility bracelet it was. πŸ™‚ hehe….

• beverly posted on October 26, 2010 at 1:21 am

LOL!!! I gotta tell Chris that, he’ll love it πŸ˜‰

• hposnm posted on October 25, 2010 at 2:23 am

Awesome! When I got married, I asked for jade dowry instead of diamonds. Love it to bits! I should post some pics some day!

• beverly posted on October 26, 2010 at 1:20 am

Heh jade is lovely.. I really like it now!

• hposnm posted on October 25, 2010 at 2:23 am

• beverly posted on October 26, 2010 at 1:20 am

Heh jade is lovely.. I really like it now!

• Kaslin posted on September 19, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Hey Beverly, your jade bangle is gorgeous!! Am thinking of getting one myself but they are so pricey! Could you give me a price range for the one you have? Where did you buy it from?

Thanks so much in advance
    K.

• Beverly! posted on September 19, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Hey Kaslin! I got it at Huangshan in China, where they specialise in Jade πŸ™‚ Prices vary huuuuugely depending on colour and quality though, but I’d recommend investing in it because they do last forever – I never take mine off!

• Kaslin posted on September 21, 2014 at 7:25 am

Thanks Beverly! You’re right. The prices vary so much! Really hard to figure what is the “correct” price if you know what I mean. Guess I will go by gut and choose a piece that I like, that is still affordable!!

• Heysesyl posted on November 29, 2014 at 9:49 am

Hi beverly,

Love your Jade Bangle! And the color is so awesome.. It looks Imperial Jade which is the most valuable and expensive gemstone in the world. ΓΌ