Barcelona, FOOD, Food reviews, Uncategorized EUROTRIP: CERVECERIA CATALANA TAPAS 9 September 2010

This was our favourite tapas restaurant in Barcelona, called Cerveceria Catalana (Mallorca, 23608013 Barcelona). But be warned – it’s everyone else’s favourite too πŸ˜‰ Rock up by 7PM or you’ll be left standing there for yonks waiting for a seat, as it gets totally packed to the rafters! We were lucky to score a seat immediately as we came a few minutes before the mad rush… thankfully. It’s considered one of the best places in the city for tapas, and it’s certainly true. Even more delightful is the fact that their staff are excellent. I found service in Barcelona so-so in general – not rude, but not ultra polite or friendly.. more like they were just there to slog through their job. So we really enjoyed the funny and amiable staff at Cerveceria Catalana.

Their food was delish! Lovely seafood and meats, very well cooked and delivered to you within minutes. It was a fantastic experience – highly recommended as one of the must-visit restaurants in Barcelona!

Chris looking exceedingly pleased at Cerveceria Catalana

Total food eye-candy

Anchovies, stuffed olives, tomatoes, bread. Chris’ dream food.

Patatas Bravas time!!! *salivates*

A simple but tasty pasta salad

ADORED this. Mini fish deep-fried with a squeeze of lemon. You eat the whole thing!
They were soooo tasty and not too salty at all, mmm…..

Wagyu beef πŸ™‚

Cod fish – beautiful texture but too salty

Crema catalana – a custard pudding sealed with a coating of burnt caramel. Better
than a creme caramel.. and it was so creamy and custardy… ohhhhh!!!!

My ultra rich Spanish hot chocolate and Chris’ espresso

• rainingumbrella posted on September 9, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Oh, man. What is going to happen to you when you come back to Shanghai where you can’t have Patatas Bravas? I almost can’t face it…

• beverly posted on September 10, 2010 at 1:18 am

Having a tough time undergoing Patatas Bravas withdrawal, that’s what! dohhh

• Anonymous posted on September 10, 2010 at 1:45 am

You can find Patatas Bravas in any Spanish restaurant in Shanghai

• beverly posted on September 10, 2010 at 2:46 am

Is it PROPERLY done, just the way it is in Barcelona, though?
        I’ve had Spanish here in Shanghai and the food isn’t the same to me.. but I haven’t had Patatas bravas here yet

• tiffanyx posted on September 9, 2010 at 5:00 pm

he looks really very pleased!

• beverly posted on September 10, 2010 at 1:18 am

Haha yeah, meal times were our highlights of the day;)

• rainingumbrella posted on September 9, 2010 at 1:09 pm

• beverly posted on September 10, 2010 at 1:18 am

Having a tough time undergoing Patatas Bravas withdrawal, that’s what! dohhh

• Anonymous posted on September 10, 2010 at 1:45 am

You can find Patatas Bravas in any Spanish restaurant in Shanghai

• beverly posted on September 10, 2010 at 2:46 am

Is it PROPERLY done, just the way it is in Barcelona, though?

• starbucksweetie posted on September 10, 2010 at 12:18 am

That hot chocolate looks sumptuous.

• beverly posted on September 10, 2010 at 1:19 am

It was SO mindbogglingly rich, but gooood

• tiffanyx posted on September 9, 2010 at 5:00 pm

he looks really very pleased!

• beverly posted on September 10, 2010 at 1:18 am

Haha yeah, meal times were our highlights of the day;)

• ima_global_gal posted on September 10, 2010 at 5:04 am

Amazing! I’m so hungry for this kind of food! I’ve tried Spanish here in Beijing but it is not the same. Patatas Bravas were not the same at all. πŸ™
    Regarding the service in Spain – my husband actually gets irritated when waiters/waitresses are nice. LOL He is used to surly servers in Spain, as it is that way in most places.

• beverly posted on September 10, 2010 at 6:02 am

I agree.. the Spanish food here isn’t the same πŸ™ Not saying it’s bad, just that it’s different!

• starbucksweetie posted on September 10, 2010 at 12:18 am

That hot chocolate looks sumptuous.

• beverly posted on September 10, 2010 at 1:19 am