Anniversary, FOOD, Food reviews, France, Uncategorized EUROTRIP: 1ST YEAR ANNIVERSARY DINNER 12 August 2010

Hard to believe it’s been a year since we created our wedding website.. seems like only yesterday we were writing the content and adres holland casino amsterdam happily putting up the site as preparation for our wedding! How time flies 🙂

We celebrated our 1st Year Wedding Anniversary dinner by splashing out for a degustation meal at the famous L’atelier Joel Robuchon that has been awarded 2 Michelin Stars (yay!).

It’s set up Japanese style, with dining around the counter. We loved it because it meant we could sticky-beak at all the people running around in the open-kitchen, cooking and putting the dishes together. We were amazed no one crashed into each other, considering the quiet but frantic activity in there!

The meal was flat out amazing. We adore degustation meals and this didn’t disappoint. Each dish came out so artfully decorated, and the ingredients were really fresh and blended well together. Everything was divine but I loved the desserts the best. They were beautiful! And a gorgeous array of flavours in both the dessert dishes.

A totally stunning meal. I’ll let the photos speak for themselves 🙂 Thank you Chris for the wonderful anniversary dinner!

L’atelier @ Joel Robuchon

Gorgeous Japanese-style dining

Pretty flowers and greenery

A glass of white Pinot

Big basket of baguette!

L’amuse bouche – orange and carrot gazpacho with cumin crisp
This tasted exactly like the description, lol

Le Caviar – sur une pomme de terre a l’anguille fumee, fleurette au raifort
Outstanding! Who knew something so simple like caviar and potato would taste so good..

Les Tomates – anciennes relevees de sumac a l’huille provencale
At first I didn’t like the idea of eating just tomatoes, but these were sooo sweet

Le Foie Gras – de canard chaud, aux cerises et amandes fraiches
LUSCIOUS. Adored this 🙂

La Langoustine – en ravioli truffle a l’etuvee de chou vert
Great bite to the ravioli, and I adored the truffle sauce.. mmm..

L’oeuf – cocotte a la creme legere de girolies
Like a super-upper-class version of soft boiled eggs 😉

Le Rouget – aux aromates, releve d’une vierge a l’huile de pistache condimentee
Loved the red snapper fish, as it was perfectly cooked. The decoration – too cute!

La Caille – farcie de foie gras et caramelisee avec une pomme puree a la truffle d’ete
Pigeon stuffed with foie gras, with truffle mash potatoes. How can that possibly go wrong?!

L’agneau de Lait – encotelettes a la fleur de thym
Super tender lamb…. mmmm…

Les Fraises Des Bois – sur une gelee au limoncello et son sorbet acidule au fromage blanc
I normally don’t like fruit desserts, but this was PERFECT

Le Chocolate Tendance – ganache onctueuse au chocolate araguani, glace au grue de cacao, biscuit oreo
My favourite by far. The presentation was enough to make me squeal!

As was the dish itself.. a creamy chocolatey concoction of AWESOMENESS.

Little soft caramels to finish off the meal

Anniversary bliss 🙂

• oh_ayana posted on August 11, 2010 at 9:55 pm

We wanted to go L’atelier Joel Robuchon when we were in HK but we couldn’t find the time! Now I’m regretting not making time!! Grr.
    The Le Rouget looks too pretty to eat- presentation is gorgeous! And I’m salivating over the Le Chocolate Tendance at work hehe.
    Congratulations on your anniversary!

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:11 pm

When you’re in Paris next check this one out, it was pretty amazing! Actually, it was kinda like Tetsuya style – unusual dishes, which we liked 🙂

• aureline_serene posted on August 11, 2010 at 10:53 pm

It all looks scrumptulescent! I’ve kind of fallen off the blogging face of the earth so I’ll take this time to catch up and casino holland amsterdam west say:
    CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BABY!!! I wish you, Chris, and the little one years of familial bliss :)And happy anniversary! It looks like you had a great one.

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Thank you sweetie, that’s really nice of you!

• rollagirl9 posted on August 11, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Happy anniversary guys! I can’t believe it was a year ago either. Looks like a delish meal. xox

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:14 pm

So true.. I clearly remember celebrating your bday too, along with the rest of SG for SG national day, heh!

• starbucksweetie posted on August 12, 2010 at 12:16 am

Gorgeous food in a gorgeous setting.

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:15 pm

i loved the place, wish there was one in Shanghai

• angelnotes posted on August 12, 2010 at 12:52 am

Every food item looks perfect! So mouth-watering, haha. 🙂

Enjoy yourselves!

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:22 pm

It was definitely worth it! A memorable 1st year anniversary dinner, heh

• exhileration posted on August 12, 2010 at 12:57 am

Looks mouth watering! The lamb looks really good!

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:23 pm

THe dishes there were all yummmm, and great attentive service too. such a pleasure , wish we could go back soon!

• thefragrantelf posted on August 12, 2010 at 1:01 am

It all looks amazing! And with your every post I miss Paris more and more. sigh!

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:25 pm

Paris is just such a cool city.. but then, we’d be sooo fat if we lived there, lol!

• madmoneymonkey posted on August 12, 2010 at 2:02 am

That looks like a menu I would totally love to try. Some degustations get so adventurous, you wonder if you want to eat it! But this is a great mix of adventure but comfort. Love! How much was dinner??

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:27 pm

You’re spot on – it’s different, but not too weirdo like! It’s 150 euro per person without drinks, a wee bit pricier than Tetsuya’s.

• pishako posted on August 12, 2010 at 2:26 am

this is absolutely hard to read on an empty stomach. :p

but i love the shot of the foie gras, it’s beckoning to me!!

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Foie gras makes everything better, lol!! I love it soo much, wish I could eat tons of it :X

• rainingumbrella posted on August 12, 2010 at 3:24 am

I don’t know any French, but you certainly do let the photos speak for themselves. That chocolate dessert… Oh my.

Wei-Wei

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:26 am

Most of the places we went to didn’t have English menus, figured it was better that way, more authentic? 😛

• oh_ayana posted on August 11, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Congratulations on your anniversary!

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:11 pm

• pei posted on August 12, 2010 at 6:33 am

congratulations!!! and it’s a lovely place for an anniversary meal for sure….i do love their lamb and langoustine dishes, nice to know that their menus are mostly similar all around the world. you guys are so cute 🙂

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:28 am

i wonder if their food tastes different in the HK one since it uses local ingredients? next time we’re in HK we’ll have to check i tout 😉

• aureline_serene posted on August 11, 2010 at 10:53 pm

It all looks scrumptulescent! I’ve kind of fallen off the blogging face of the earth so I’ll take this time to catch up and say:

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Thank you sweetie, that’s really nice of you!

• rollagirl9 posted on August 11, 2010 at 11:17 pm

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:14 pm

• starbucksweetie posted on August 12, 2010 at 12:16 am

Gorgeous food in a gorgeous setting.

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:15 pm

i loved the place, wish there was one in Shanghai

• angelnotes posted on August 12, 2010 at 12:52 am

Every food item looks perfect! So mouth-watering, haha. 🙂

Enjoy yourselves!

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:22 pm

It was definitely worth it! A memorable 1st year anniversary dinner, heh

• exhileration posted on August 12, 2010 at 12:57 am

Looks mouth watering! The lamb looks really good!

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:23 pm

• thefragrantelf posted on August 12, 2010 at 1:01 am

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:25 pm

• madmoneymonkey posted on August 12, 2010 at 2:02 am

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:27 pm

• pishako posted on August 12, 2010 at 2:26 am

this is absolutely hard to read on an empty stomach. :p

but i love the shot of the foie gras, it’s beckoning to me!!

• beverly posted on August 23, 2010 at 8:32 pm

• rainingumbrella posted on August 12, 2010 at 3:24 am

Wei-Wei

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:26 am

• tiffanyx posted on August 12, 2010 at 11:26 am

how decadent!! chris is setting the standard for anniversary dinners! 🙂

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:29 am

Hhaha true! I hope he sees this 😉

• carorules posted on August 12, 2010 at 2:24 pm

wow the chocolate dessert looks so amazing!

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:31 am

I just ADORED that dish! needed more of it…. heheh

• pei posted on August 12, 2010 at 6:33 am

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:28 am

• tiffanyx posted on August 12, 2010 at 11:26 am

how decadent!! chris is setting the standard for anniversary dinners! 🙂

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:29 am

Hhaha true! I hope he sees this 😉

• kachunknorge posted on August 12, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Congrats!
    Will have to dine there again when I’m next in Paris. Your photos brought back memories of our own dining experience there.

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:33 am

It’s a lovely restaurant, I think the price is ok for what you get ‘cos the quality is top notch. They need to open one in Shanghai!

• carorules posted on August 12, 2010 at 2:24 pm

wow the chocolate dessert looks so amazing!

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:31 am

I just ADORED that dish! needed more of it…. heheh

• natnatviv posted on August 13, 2010 at 1:14 am

Happy Anniversary! 🙂
    Take good care babe!

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:55 am

Thanks so much sweetie!

• kachunknorge posted on August 12, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Congrats!

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:33 am

• magdalyn posted on August 13, 2010 at 3:45 am

Happy anniversary to you and Chris! (The food looks amazing!)

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:56 am

THanks! Crazy that a year has flown by..

• natnatviv posted on August 13, 2010 at 1:14 am

Happy Anniversary! 🙂
    Take good care babe!

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:55 am

Thanks so much sweetie!

• magdalyn posted on August 13, 2010 at 3:45 am

Happy anniversary to you and Chris! (The food looks amazing!)

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:56 am

THanks! Crazy that a year has flown by..

• Anonymous posted on August 14, 2010 at 8:02 am

so jealous

this is a concentrate of all my fave dishes! Seared foie gras, truffle na lobster ravioli, oeuf cocotte and delicious mushrooms nice!!!
    Happy Anniversary!
    If you don’t mind going back to Hotel Crillon, let me recommend the lunch menu from les Ambassadeur, 1 Michelin star, only 68 euros but the opulent decor is breathtaking, like Versailles! The only restaurant I’ve been with a special stool for your handbag!

Otherwise, go in the Westin and have a drink in their private courtyard, beautiful although 7 euros for a juice argh!

So wish we could be with you there! Don’t go to Russia, stay in Paris with us!

• beverly posted on August 22, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Re: so jealous

Hehe yeah.. all my fave yummy dishes too, mmm.

Ahh yes we tried that at Crillon but they are closed in Aug so ended up at L’obe instead which was also v good fortunately!

• dottybunny posted on August 14, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Congrats!

Hey Beverly,

I haven’t checked in (or updated my own blog) for an awfully long time, and just learnt the great news!

Happy Anniversary and Congrats!

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:57 am

Re: Congrats!

Thanks and hot fruits automatenspiele thanks! Things can change so quickly in just a few months… heh

• dottybunny posted on August 24, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Re: Congrats!

And it is gong to change even more in a few more months! 😛

• Anonymous posted on August 14, 2010 at 8:02 am

so jealous

Happy Anniversary!

So wish we could be with you there! Don’t go to Russia, stay in Paris with us!

• beverly posted on August 22, 2010 at 7:16 pm

Re: so jealous

Hehe yeah.. all my fave yummy dishes too, mmm.

• dottybunny posted on August 14, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Congrats!

Hey Beverly,

Happy Anniversary and Congrats!

• beverly posted on August 24, 2010 at 7:57 am

Re: Congrats!

Thanks and thanks! Things can change so quickly in just a few months… heh

• dottybunny posted on August 24, 2010 at 2:50 pm