FASHION, Shopping, Uncategorized SHOES OF PREY ANKLE BOOTS 2 July 2010

I’m a big fan of Shoes Of Prey. Where else can you get excellent quality couture (custom made) shoes for a non-heart stopping price? Frankly, living in China, you’d think I can get access to this easily.. but it’s not that easy to find, and the quality is sub par because there’s no strict quality control. I know this because I purchased a pair of snakeskin cage heels from them before and inspected it like a crazy person for neatness of stitching and quality of product, and it was superb.

Anyway, they recently launched boots!!! Cute little ankle booties that I’ve actually been wanting to buy for over a year now. In the warmer months, I don’t want to wear my knee-high leather boots, but sometimes I also don’t want to wear open-toe sandals. For my short shorts and skirts, I think I look less “naked” when I pair them with ankle boots instead of heels (which can inadvertently make you look like a stripper). So of course, I just had to make myself a pair 😉

The Shoes of Prey folk were very patient with me whilst I bombarded them with emails back-and-forth about sizing, padding in the sole, and what would look good. I then created my design, which is really easy in their online tool. And thus began the wait – the most painful part about custom made shoes – as it takes 8 weeks.

My shoe in the design stage

The boots arrived this week, beautifully wrapped. I love the chic black Shoes of Prey box, that’s lined and padded on the inside and comes with a photo of your shoes (to stick on the box for easy identification) and also comes with a lovely velvet shoe bag for travel. I was actually quite surprised at the quality of the shoes – they were really sold and all the stitching was so tight. Love the attention to detail! The leather was perfectly selected, and it was well made.

They fit me perfectly 🙂 I think they’d look fantastic with short shorts/skirt, or with leggings and a dress. The leather is smooth and thick, so I won’t freak out if it rains, and also when I walk down Shanghai’s dirty streets. So pleased with them. I’m eyeing a pair of ballet flats now, but I’m on a shopping ban for the rest of the year (errr… hopefully) so musttttt….. refraaaaiinnn…..

My review/experience of my previous Shoes of Prey shoes here.

The luxe box and personalised letter

My booties happily nestled inside

Black leather with leopard peek-a-boo trim

Love the padding in the heel

On me 🙂

The photo Shoes of Prey sent me when they were completed

• rainingumbrella posted on July 2, 2010 at 5:47 am

They look incredibly good on you! It’s so cool that you designed this! Wow. You can be called a designer now 😉 “I designed these shoes!” 😀

Wei-Wei

• beverly posted on July 2, 2010 at 7:35 am

Hahah well the good thing about the site is anyone can be a designer 😛

• lindi_jay posted on July 2, 2010 at 6:13 am

I just ordered a pair of shoes from them! Mine have the platform with 3 1/2″ square heel, very similar to your boots, I think. Love the leopard print. Did you get a padded insole? I should have asked about it 😛

• beverly posted on July 2, 2010 at 7:36 am

Cooool, do you have the link to yours? I’d love to see! The platform/heel combo works really well, cos you’re taller but then your feet don’t hurt 🙂

• rainingumbrella posted on July 2, 2010 at 5:47 am

Wei-Wei

• beverly posted on July 2, 2010 at 7:35 am

Hahah well the good thing about the site is anyone can be a designer 😛

• lindi_jay posted on July 2, 2010 at 6:13 am

• beverly posted on July 2, 2010 at 7:36 am

• naughtypanther posted on July 2, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Wow.. love their website and their concept.. I’m now having second thoughts about starting my own shoe business.. There’s so many good ones out there, I feeel waaay inferior..

• beverly posted on July 3, 2010 at 1:48 am

I’m sure yours will be cool too!! You gotta let me know the URL if you have an online website 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on July 2, 2010 at 11:06 pm

I love ballet flats. I recently bought a pair of Repetto flats and love them.

• beverly posted on July 3, 2010 at 2:25 am

Ahh yeah Repette are meant to be awesome, I bought a pair and it didn’t work for me though (kept biting at my feet), I think my feet are shaped weird :X

• naughtypanther posted on July 2, 2010 at 6:07 pm

• beverly posted on July 3, 2010 at 1:48 am

• drshree posted on July 3, 2010 at 3:00 am

naughtypanther just talked about shoes and Shoes of Prey too!! I like those shoes by the way! 🙂

• beverly posted on July 3, 2010 at 6:16 am

Yeah, it’ll be exciting to see what kind of biz she comes up with! 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on July 2, 2010 at 11:06 pm

I love ballet flats. I recently bought a pair of Repetto flats and love them.

• beverly posted on July 3, 2010 at 2:25 am

• drshree posted on July 3, 2010 at 3:00 am

• beverly posted on July 3, 2010 at 6:16 am

Yeah, it’ll be exciting to see what kind of biz she comes up with! 🙂

• l_i_z posted on July 4, 2010 at 2:54 am

Wow they turned out fantastic! I was playing around on their site when you first ordered these but was still a bit unsure about them… I might have to go back and play again 😀

• beverly posted on July 4, 2010 at 3:28 am

You should get a pairr, since you’re so into fashion too! Plus, they’re Aussie 🙂

• l_i_z posted on July 4, 2010 at 2:54 am