FASHION, Louis Vuitton, Shopping, Uncategorized LOUIS VUITTON ‘ONATAH’ HOBO BAG 29 June 2010

Got the Louis Vuitton “onatah” hobo bag, in Aubergine colour 🙂

I actually got it quite a few weeks ago, but never got round to posting about it! Louis Vuitton don’t usually make really soft/slouchy leather bags (at least not like the way Balenciaga does) so for awhile I lost interest in the brand.

I really like the Aubergine colour, a rich deep eggplant that surprisingly works with most outfits. It sits really comfortably on my shoulder (doesn’t slip off) and is so buttery soft and slouchy, yay!! The feel of it is lovely 🙂 It’s surprisingly roomy inside as well, and fits in my purse organiser so I don’t have to dig around for whatever I’m looking for.

Since I bought it though, I’ve made the decision to “shop less, save more”. And I know that since it’s a discontinued style and in new condition, it will sell well. So I may sell it in a few months… and get the cash instead!

Louis Vuitton “onatah” hobo bag

Smooshy!

I like the sturdy fabric strap

The LV logo looks obvious like this, but in real life it’s so subtle it’s almost invisible 🙂

With my purse organiser inside

A nice size on me, I reckon!

• l_i_z posted on June 29, 2010 at 5:51 am

Wow, that is a gorgeous colour! I love how subtle (and amazingly soft) the mahina leather is.

My sister and I are waiting for our newest mahina to come in, have you seen the new stellars? We’re definitely in love with the blue one.. 😀

• beverly posted on June 29, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Same here.. and it gets smooshier with age 🙂

Fortunately the Stellar size and shape doesn’t appeal to me, the Anthracite colour is sooo gorgeous though

• 8balldecline posted on June 29, 2010 at 7:37 am

i think you should just sell me your miumiu bag instead!

• beverly posted on June 29, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Hehe I don’t use it much, but I do love it.. esp the colour!

• 8balldecline posted on June 29, 2010 at 2:49 pm

the colour is so great. i was in the store a couple of weeks ago and there was a teal green one! so nice. i want :[

• babyflite posted on June 29, 2010 at 9:02 am

I think Viv has the same bag. It’s also the only LV bag that I actually quite like coz the monogram isn’t obvious.

• beverly posted on June 29, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Ya! Oh do you like the Epi leather stuff? It all has no monogram at all, except for a small embossed one in one corner. The damier canvas also has no monogram..

• babyflite posted on June 29, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Epi is ok, as is Vernis. I don’t like the damier though. I think in general I am just not a LV fan. Heh.

• tiffanyx posted on June 29, 2010 at 10:05 am

this is totally un-LV! fantastic buy! i ♥ it toooooo 🙂

• beverly posted on June 29, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Thanks hon! I’m a big fan of the shape, size and colour too 🙂

• rainingumbrella posted on June 29, 2010 at 12:11 pm

I like your purse organiser! Where did you get it? Also, I love love love love looooooove the colour of this bag. It’s so… rich and stately. And it suits you! 🙂

Wei-Wei

• beverly posted on June 29, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Errr I can’t remember, it was quite awhile ago! But I also like purseket.com which do something similiar 🙂

• cenedrah posted on June 29, 2010 at 12:29 pm

You and your slouchy bags ahahhaa! I can relate; I do love soft leather -really can’t stand the tough sort. Recently, I bought myself a turquoise leather bag as a way to liven up my wardrobe with some colour; you could say I’m the exact opposite dresser to you haha.
    Check out my (depressing to you I’m sure) dark dark, dull outfit 😛

• beverly posted on June 29, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Hehe it’s funny how different we are, we could not share wardrobes 😛 But a turquoise leather bag is a win for me!

• l_i_z posted on June 29, 2010 at 5:51 am

• beverly posted on June 29, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Same here.. and it gets smooshier with age 🙂

• beverly posted on June 29, 2010 at 12:46 pm

Same here.. and it gets smooshier with age 🙂

• l_i_z posted on June 29, 2010 at 5:51 am

• 8balldecline posted on June 29, 2010 at 7:37 am

i think you should just sell me your miumiu bag instead!

• beverly posted on June 29, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Hehe I don’t use it much, but I do love it.. esp the colour!

• 8balldecline posted on June 29, 2010 at 2:49 pm

• 8balldecline posted on June 29, 2010 at 2:49 pm

• beverly posted on June 29, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Hehe I don’t use it much, but I do love it.. esp the colour!

• 8balldecline posted on June 29, 2010 at 7:37 am

i think you should just sell me your miumiu bag instead!

• babyflite posted on June 29, 2010 at 9:02 am

• beverly posted on June 29, 2010 at 12:51 pm

• cenedrah posted on June 29, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Check out my (depressing to you I’m sure) dark dark, dull outfit 😛

• thefragrantelf posted on June 29, 2010 at 11:24 pm

LOVE the colour! And I even have an icon to match! 😀

• beverly posted on June 30, 2010 at 1:49 am

LOL it does match! I like how the bag’s purple, but still so deep that it looks almost black if I’m not in the sun 🙂

• starbucksweetie posted on June 29, 2010 at 11:57 pm

I love how slouchy it is, so unlike LV. With me, I never think about resale value of the items I buy, because I always keep things forever or until they are totally trashed.

• beverly posted on June 30, 2010 at 1:49 am

Yeah, it’s what grabbed my attention.. I hardly see them do truly slouchy/soft bags so this was a winner!

• thefragrantelf posted on June 29, 2010 at 11:24 pm

LOVE the colour! And I even have an icon to match! 😀

• beverly posted on June 30, 2010 at 1:49 am

• thefragrantelf posted on June 29, 2010 at 11:24 pm

LOVE the colour! And I even have an icon to match! 😀

• starbucksweetie posted on June 29, 2010 at 11:57 pm

• beverly posted on June 30, 2010 at 1:49 am

• starbucksweetie posted on June 29, 2010 at 11:57 pm

• drshree posted on July 1, 2010 at 2:30 pm

I love the purple colour! And that blue thingy in your bag, is it something separate that you bought to put stuff in?

If it is, I really need to find one!! I sometimes feel like my Jack russell trying to dig through the stuff in my bag to find things!!

• beverly posted on July 2, 2010 at 7:11 am

Yeah that’s a purse organiser, try searching for one online or on eBay, they’re great!

• drshree posted on July 1, 2010 at 2:30 pm

• beverly posted on July 2, 2010 at 7:11 am

• valska posted on July 4, 2010 at 6:45 am

Love the colour. Am looking for a bag in that colour too. Loewe has one that I think is absolutely gorgeous.

• beverly posted on July 5, 2010 at 2:30 am

Loewe is just divine.. I always keep eyeing their bags, but I’m worried about how ‘open’ they are at the top and that i’ll ruin the leather!

• valska posted on July 4, 2010 at 6:45 am

• beverly posted on July 5, 2010 at 2:30 am

• Anonymous posted on July 6, 2010 at 8:19 am

Love your bag!

I love consignment stores in Shanghai – do you have any favorites I can check out? I live in the Luwan area. Will be dropping by to check out your blog more often. Thanks for the info!

• beverly posted on July 6, 2010 at 11:59 am

Re: Love your bag!

Thanks sweetie! I don’t really know of consignment stores.. never really been to ’em in Shanghai, but just happened to see this.

Luxury goods is super $$ in Shanghai as you know, so I usually wait until my business trips and buy in USA, Singapore, Hong Kong.. much cheaper 🙂

PS. welcome to Shangers!! So fun to have a fellow foodie and fashionista around

• Anonymous posted on July 6, 2010 at 8:19 am

Love your bag!

• beverly posted on July 6, 2010 at 11:59 am

Re: Love your bag!

PS. welcome to Shangers!! So fun to have a fellow foodie and fashionista around

• Anonymous posted on May 17, 2011 at 6:49 am

??

is this bag still up for sale?

• beverly posted on May 17, 2011 at 7:04 am

Re: ??

It’s now sold 🙂

• Anonymous posted on May 17, 2011 at 6:49 am

??

is this bag still up for sale?

• beverly posted on May 17, 2011 at 7:04 am

Re: ??

It’s now sold 🙂

• Jessie posted on January 15, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Wow, love the color. Its much better than the pics on LV site. The bag matches your outfit, very attractive.