Jewellery, San Jose, Uncategorized USA: FLYING LIZARD DESIGNS GEMSTONE NECKLACE 31 May 2010

I stayed at the pretty Hotel Valencia whilst in San Jose, USA. It’s right on Santana Row – famous for all their restaurants and shopping. I adore Santana Row because it’s like a little laid back but ritzy village.. all gorgeous weather, flowers everywhere, and el fresco dining. People are dressed casual chic, always friendly and polite, and there is NO spitting on the streets. It’s heavenly!

Anyway, there is a little jewellery boutique across the road from the hotel, called Flying Lizard Designs. The jewellery appears on celebrities and in movies, though I can’t say I’ve ever noticed 😛 What caught my eye were the whimsical, delicate strands of jewels in the shop window. Draped in the window, they sparkled and came in an assortment of pretty colours and stones. So absolutely gorgeous! What I like best about the shop is that they make 2 identical designs – 1 using precious stones (and expensive) and 1 using regular materials or plastic pearls (and so way cheaper). It’s such a good idea because you can buy a piece of jewellery that looks JUST like the expensive version, but it’s only $30.

Anyway, after much deliberation and poking at just about every piece in the store, I finally decided on a strand of pearls with garnet, appetite, peridot, citrine gemstones. It was so pretty it took my breath away as it glistened in the sunlight streaming in through the glass windows. It’s really delicate and thin, with tiny gold links and the pearls and gemstones scattered all over it. It’s simple enough to be worn with any colour outfit, but pretty enough to still stand out than a regular strand of pearls.

It’s a long strand, so it can be worn long, or circled around twice for a double-strand necklace. Or, as a bracelet. Or, as a belt. Super cute 😛

Flying Lizard Designs strand of pearls with
garnet, appetite, peridot, citrine gemstones

Closeup – I like all the fine beading 🙂

Worn as a bracelet (forgot to take a pic of it worn as a necklace, heh!

Some of their other designs. That shimmery opal necklace is calling my name!

• starbucksweetie posted on May 31, 2010 at 12:23 am

The jewelry is really pretty.

• beverly posted on May 31, 2010 at 7:01 am

Yeah, i just love their designs. It’s a shame they don’t have a store here!

• beverly posted on May 31, 2010 at 7:01 am

Yeah, i just love their designs. It’s a shame they don’t have a store here!

• starbucksweetie posted on May 31, 2010 at 12:23 am

The jewelry is really pretty.

• rainingumbrella posted on May 31, 2010 at 3:52 am

The necklace is so pretty! I think it would be better worn as a bracelet, though. For me, it’d be too long for a necklace. But that’s just my opinion 😉

Wei-Wei

• beverly posted on May 31, 2010 at 7:02 am

I really like it as a necklace 😛 It makes a nice casual strand when worn as-is, and is really pretty when doubled up too – sparkly!

• beverly posted on May 31, 2010 at 7:02 am

• rainingumbrella posted on May 31, 2010 at 3:52 am

Wei-Wei

• starbucksweetie posted on May 31, 2010 at 12:23 am

The jewelry is really pretty.

• beverly posted on May 31, 2010 at 7:01 am

Yeah, i just love their designs. It’s a shame they don’t have a store here!

• rapkat0021 posted on May 31, 2010 at 8:49 am

How was the hotel? I was thinking about staying there this week, but chose Westin Palo Alto instead 😛

• beverly posted on June 1, 2010 at 1:59 am

Not bad! I mean, it’s the only hotel on Santana Row which is the hotspot there, and I like boutique hotels.. so I may be biased 😛

The only thing I don’t like is their breakfast. I love HUGE buffet spreads where I can eat myself silly, and theirs is not that massive..

• rapkat0021 posted on May 31, 2010 at 8:49 am

• rainingumbrella posted on May 31, 2010 at 3:52 am

Wei-Wei

• beverly posted on May 31, 2010 at 7:02 am

• rapkat0021 posted on May 31, 2010 at 8:49 am

• beverly posted on June 1, 2010 at 1:59 am

• alongcameaspydr posted on May 31, 2010 at 5:22 pm

Awwww I love seeing pictures of the local area!!! I have a couple rings from The Flying Lizard. 🙂 I love that store. What restaurants did you try while at Santana Row? I was actually there earlier this morning – my condo is only a 5 min drive there. My boyfriend & I love Pizza Antica – it’s become our to go to restaurant mostly at Santana Row (Village Cafe too). But pretty much majority of the restaurants are delish. I’d say we do not enjoy only 2 restaurants there.

You should have seen what Santana Row used to look like before getting a face lift. It was called Towne & Country and it was like a ghost town.

We’re going to get a Bloomingdales there too – won’t need to treck all the way to Palo Alto. 🙂

• beverly posted on June 1, 2010 at 2:01 am

I didn’t know/forgot you live in that area! How cool, you’re so lucky 🙂

Ive been to every restaurant on Santana Row… cos Ive been there so many times over the past few years.. lol. But my fave is also Pizza Antica, esp their potato truffle pizza, YUM. I also like Left Bank and Blowfish Sushi is fab. Man I took soooo many pics of all the food and was gonna make big posts on each restaurant there, so pissed they’re all gone 🙁

• alongcameaspydr posted on June 1, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Awww Blowfish! My friends work there. Actually I have a couple friends who work there. I get a lovely discount at Cole Haan. 🙂 HEHEHE I’m sorry about your camera. 🙁

• alongcameaspydr posted on May 31, 2010 at 5:22 pm

• popcorn_feet posted on May 31, 2010 at 11:06 pm

I’ve never heard of them before! Checked out their site and they have the prettiest opals and a lovely blue quartz necklace. Heavenly! Love what you got, sooooo versatile!

• beverly posted on June 1, 2010 at 2:02 am

Pretty stuff huh?! I had to resist buying half the store, hehe.

• blacklamb66 posted on June 1, 2010 at 1:17 am

I like the necklace it’s so pretty.

• beverly posted on June 1, 2010 at 2:02 am

Thanks hon, I really love it too 🙂

• alongcameaspydr posted on May 31, 2010 at 5:22 pm

• beverly posted on June 1, 2010 at 2:01 am

I didn’t know/forgot you live in that area! How cool, you’re so lucky 🙂

• alongcameaspydr posted on June 1, 2010 at 10:03 pm

• popcorn_feet posted on May 31, 2010 at 11:06 pm

• beverly posted on June 1, 2010 at 2:02 am

Pretty stuff huh?! I had to resist buying half the store, hehe.

• blacklamb66 posted on June 1, 2010 at 1:17 am

I like the necklace it’s so pretty.

• beverly posted on June 1, 2010 at 2:02 am

Thanks hon, I really love it too 🙂

• drshree posted on June 3, 2010 at 11:29 pm

oooooo! I love the earrings at the bottom, the colours are so pretty!!

• beverly posted on June 4, 2010 at 1:07 am

i really like their opal stuff as well, all their jewellery is so prettyand colorful!

• drshree posted on June 3, 2010 at 11:29 pm

oooooo! I love the earrings at the bottom, the colours are so pretty!!

• beverly posted on June 4, 2010 at 1:07 am